4months in, these are the stuff that plsses me off so far

4months in on the class 1 these are the stuff that annoys me, as im new i dont know the etiquettecy would appreciate help;

-i start at stupid oclock 0400 and finish at 1800 this is a average day most the time is “waiting” around i want to get the day moving.

-not getting trained, at anything at all, whether its fridges, curtainsiders no training only training is the good friend youtube which enables me leaving the fridge on all day.

-turning up to a delivery at a set time, example 12:00 and going into the traffic office and your literally at the desk, but no one is interested, and you waiting there for like 5min,10mins and they can see you but still your waiting, i dont know if its okay for me to be blunt and say here my delivery notes come see me , i would do this in a shop i aint waiting for no reason but i dont want to be rude. + no bays available and telling the traffic office to ring you on your number and them giving you a remark we cant, were not your secretary come see us at this time when your 13:00 when the delivery says 12:00 and your on time. + waiting forever for your notes to be signed

-leaving a safe gap when driving then getting cut up by every tom, dlck, and harry + on the average speed zone cars hogging the middle lane we should be allowed on the third lane on average zones IMO

-AEBS randomly has a alarm and brake gets applied for no apparent reason when there nothing for miles.

-I will post more when i remember, but the main one that annoys me is the turning up the delivery point and just waiting for forever anyone else get annoyed with these stuff . + feel free to add your own stuff.

/rant over

And 2 weeks ago the op was thinking of buying a artic :unamused:

TruckDriverBen:
4months in on the class 1 these are the stuff that annoys me, as im new i dont know the etiquettecy would appreciate help;

-i start at stupid oclock 0400 and finish at 1800 this is a average day most the time is “waiting” around i want to get the day moving.

-not getting trained, at anything at all, whether its fridges, curtainsiders no training only training is the good friend youtube which enables me leaving the fridge on all day.

-turning up to a delivery at a set time, example 12:00 and going into the traffic office and your literally at the desk, but no one is interested, and you waiting there for like 5min,10mins and they can see you but still your waiting, i dont know if its okay for me to be blunt and say here my delivery notes come see me , i would do this in a shop i aint waiting for no reason but i dont want to be rude. + no bays available and telling the traffic office to ring you on your number and them giving you a remark we cant, were not your secretary come see us at this time when your 13:00 when the delivery says 12:00 and your on time. + waiting forever for your notes to be signed

-leaving a safe gap when driving then getting cut up by every tom, dlck, and harry + on the average speed zone cars hogging the middle lane we should be allowed on the third lane on average zones IMO

-AEBS randomly has a alarm and brake gets applied for no apparent reason when there nothing for miles.

-I will post more when i remember, but the main one that annoys me is the turning up the delivery point and just waiting for forever anyone else get annoyed with these stuff . + feel free to add your own stuff.

/rant over

Normal day in the office, just get on with it.

ChrisEnglish90:
I feel your pain on the waiting I sat in Morrisons for 3 hours to unload 3 pallets.

So long as you have your lappy or a good book to read and you are on hourly pay, then three hours waiting to tip is a result. :wink:

TruckDriverBen:

/rant over

When being ignored, do what I do, take off your hi viz. :bulb:
I’ll guarantee wiithin 20 seconds somebody notice you at last, and will tell you to put it back on, then say…‘‘Oh you can see me then’’

Doesn’t bother me waiting time tbh, I’m getting paid so ■■■■ em, and I’ve no wish to work on my first heart attack by getting stressed out.

3rd lane?..why ffs?..what’s the rush? , just let them crack on.

Just chill out mate, don’t let things get to you and the job becomes more enjoyable.

However if you want to talk about annoyances :smiley:
It’s you ■■■■ s who cut in half way through completing an overtake…I want to rip your ■■■■ heads off every time you do it to me…learn to drive you ■■■■ s. :smiling_imp:
Don’t think I’ve mentioned that before. :laughing:

You learning well being a lorry driver, moan like hell and bore your family how bad it’s is driving for a living. I’ve been doing it for 30 years, people avoid me and I got no friends cos I bore every one who listen.

Still wouldn’t change my job! Let’s face it I wouldn’t have anything to talk about if I didn’t moan about transport industry

Jellyfish! That’s my complaint…jellyfish!

Central London, 18:30, raining, dark night, pedestrian crossings, pedestrians do NOT know what the red light means, they continue to cross, they slide along your bonnet thinking they’ve just made it, they dodge under your field of view trying to get head by that extra 10 seconds, it’s like trying to drive through a sea of jellyfish.
they ■■■■ me RIGHT off, I tell ya.

TruckDriverBen:

/rant over

Try turning it off :slight_smile:

Dont worry about goods in staff, smile,wait patiently and say please and thank you, if they tell you its gonna be a long wait,just say “no worries,i’ll put the kettle on,thank you”.
You will get tipped sooner than some obnoxious twerp who rants and raves abiut not being allowed to jump the queue… The jobs not hard,just a lot of idiots that make it hard.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tip of the iceberg I’m afraid mate. You will find a plethora of events over the next year or two that boil your ■■■■, but as many wise folks on here will tell you, the only destination in that mindset is to be eating soup or being 6’ under.

I was going to leave truck driving last year as I was so fed up with it, but unfortunately I got offered a really good job and it snared me. I have since left that job and am now on my second truck driving job since that one :unamused: The problem is, when you get known/noticed for being a good/safe/professional driver (with a clean licence somehow :open_mouth: ), the job offers keep coming and usually are the type that pay really well. Some might say that this is a good thing, but in reality the good wage ends up trapping you if you are not careful.

So basically OP, ■■■■ it up and try & learn to let all the crap go over your head for the sake of your health. Otherwise jack it in.

if i was you then id buy my own curtainsider artic truck,then at least you would cut out having a traffic office to ■■■■ you off .that might be a start in the right direction??
you should get plenty of good advice in here if you choose to go down that route? :unamused:

Harry Monk:

ChrisEnglish90:
I feel your pain on the waiting I sat in Morrisons for 3 hours to unload 3 pallets.

So long as you have your lappy or a good book to read and you are on hourly pay, then three hours waiting to tip is a result. :wink:

This ^

Had to have a chuckle or cry a few weeks back.
I had to go to a large combined transport yard/ vehicle dealership/ mechanic.
Not been there before, so wasn’t sure of procedure etc. Pull up to the gate which isn’t manned, so hop out and head to the building. The first door, the obvious point of entry says transport office, all deliveries here. I’m not exactly delivering anything, but it’s the logical choice.
So I walk In up to the desk and stand there whilst the bloke finished whatever he was doing on the computer. He then gets up, looks at me and walks off to another desk over the other side of the office. Bit rude, but ok, whatever. I wait, and wait and wait some more. Nothing… at least 5 people in there all know I’m there, but nothing…
I then devise a cunning plan. I’ve noticed this office has other “window” areas for different things. I’m in the transport window, but it seems like there is a window for parts from the shop side of the place, another for service. So I exit the building, walk all the way around it to the other side and enter through the “service” door and up to the “service” window which is more or less opposite where I was… same people, same office, just a different window. Almost immediately, the bloke that walked off before comes up, and asks how he can help, happy as Larry, couldn’t have asked for a nicer interaction…

All because I was now in the “customer” area rather then the lowlife scum driver area.

it helps if you know the office phone number.
ive sometimes called them after being ignored for a while and saying im just calling to clarify whether they are deaf as well as blind as the guy they are talking to is the same guy they are staring at and ignoring.
always best to let them know you are treating them with the same contempt. :slight_smile:

So summing up…do you still want to be an OD :question:

I have been lucky in the 30years I have driven trucks to have jobs where you can unload the truck yourself.Sitting for hours at warehouses docks etc waiting for a forklift is wasting your life.

robroy:

When being ignored, do what I do, take off your hi viz. :bulb:
I’ll guarantee wiithin 20 seconds somebody notice you at last, and will tell you to put it back on, then say…‘‘Oh you can see me then’’
[/quote]
^^+1
Done that in Fowler Welch there reaction was l like I’d stolen the crown jewels the manager went H&S berserk.

They are stupid hours.

4 months,wait until you get to 40 plus years in, honestly nothing much changes, as many on here will verify

Harry Monk:

ChrisEnglish90:

We’re talking about the advantages of being Agency here of course… :sunglasses: