Does this annoy anyone else?

Or is it just me…

Your going down the motorway and your at the entry slip road at a junction. A truck is coming down the slip road so you signal and move out into lane 2 to let them join into lane 1. They then go ahead and accelerate to your speed and sit next to you not allowing you back in to lane 1. I’ve just moved to let you out for crying out loud, the least you can do is then let that vehicle back in before pressing the resume button on your cruise control to go up to you limiter.

DickyNick:
Or is it just me…

Your going down the motorway and your at the entry slip road at a junction. A truck is coming down the slip road so you signal and move out into lane 2 to let them join into lane 1. They then go ahead and accelerate to your speed and sit next to you not allowing you back in to lane 1. I’ve just moved to let you out for crying out loud, the least you can do is then let that vehicle back in before pressing the resume button on your cruise control to go up to you limiter.

Yup. Every time, also when your coming up to a slip road, driver comes hissing down slip road indicator on and expects you to move over, which you can’t due to other motor alongside you, he then has to anchor up, and gives it large on the horn due to his own stupidity…

Annoyed may be a bit strong, i just accept that i share the road with idiots.

Just the same as when i fly up behind people and just when iv pulled out they speed up.

I always keep the speed down and flash and thank guys like you who let me out. X

Also annoying, when you do back off and then the super convoy that is behind the super nice person that moved over for you, expect you to let them pass also.
Which I do, but after a while, like five trucks, I get kisses off with it.

If this sort of stuff annoys you, you’re in the wrong job :slight_smile:

I agree, So many drivers seem unaware that its their responsibility to join the motorway safely, (even if that means them adjusting their speed!)
its not your job to move out to allow them to join.

How about this option on your wagon :question: :open_mouth:

Roymondo:

Well maybe annoyed is a bit strong…

What’s the way to put it?

Mildly irritated by it? Can’t understand why another professional driver wouldn’t just let you back before going to his limiter? Find it a lack of courtesy? Maybe that’s it. I’m not annoyed by it, Im just making an observation about lack of courtesy. That better eh?

I always keep the speed down enough to let them get clear then flash them in to say thank you. Not hard is it [emoji57]
Problem is these days drivers are in such a rush and can’t seem to stand not being on the limiter for even half a minute.

TruckOff:
I agree, So many drivers seem unaware that its their responsibility to join the motorway safely, (even if that means them adjusting their speed!)
its not your job to move out to allow them to join.

Exactly, but then when you do you at least expect the courtesy for the vehicle you’ve moved for to allow you safely back in. Not just press their cruise control resume button and forget about anything else that’s going on around them.

I don’t have my cruise control set on the limiter, so when that happens to me I have a bit in reserve to stop any silliness like that.

Roymondo:

■■■■, I’ve been in the wrong job for 39 years.

And why were you going so slow did you pull over to soon to allow him build his full speed up

Yep… This is why I don’t move over to lane 2 anymore, whether it be for another lorry or a car. Its not my job to change lanes it’s their job to merge correctly and it’s as simple as that really… They need to back off and merge in behind me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same shoot, just another day at the office.

I’m lucky, I drive a truck that’s fast enough to pull away, and let them drop in behind me :smiley:

cracker-bar:
I’m lucky, I drive a truck that’s fast enough to pull away, and let them drop in behind me :smiley:

:smiley: +1 qualifying boost.

4yorks:
Yep… This is why I don’t move over to lane 2 anymore, whether it be for another lorry or a car. Its not my job to change lanes it’s their job to merge correctly and it’s as simple as that really… They need to back off and merge in behind me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s all about old style driver courtesy for me, I always pull over to let another truck out, and flash them out (when safe that is)
If I stopped being courteous to other truckers because of the dicks with no manners, that makes me as bad a driver as them I reckon…but that’s just my way of thinking.

Never had that problem before speed limiters - but we were all in it together then
& what a mix: Atkis that couldn’t get over 50 & F12s that could cruise at over 90 (mph)

Yes. This annoys the ■■■■■ out of me.