Does anyone listen to podcasts while driving?

As the title says, do any of you guys listen to podcasts while driving?

If so, which ones?

EDIT Seen a few people asking what a podcast is on the thread below, basically for anyone who is interested in podcasts and wants to know what they are, i see them as a radio show of your choosing.

Whatever genre you are interested in, there’s a podcast for it. If you like fitness and health, there are shows that cater to that, If you like comedy, if you like learning things, if you need motivation, If you like history, there’s Dan Carlin’s ■■■■■■■■ history (a personal fave) where he goes into explicit detail about certain times of history which take him roughly 6 months each to make.

If you like literally anything, there’s a podcast for it.

I listened to the “That Peter Crouch Podcast” a few week ago. Each episode is about an hour in length and show a different side to a footballer. Think there’s 12 in the series.
I find there are loads of podcasts a bit too boring for driving to and I struggle to find any that keep my attention.

Try the BBC radio player brilliant app for podcasts, tune in radio.

Download on wi fi if you don’t have a big data contract, audible is also very good but you have to pay.

Anything is better than Radio 2

I keep meaning to try podcasts as I’m losing the will to live with radio 2.
I’ve never listened to one so don’t know anything about them. Where do I get them from?

Just looked on the App Store and noticed apple have a podcast app already installed on my iPhone.
Off to check it out. [emoji1360]

Listen to podcasts all the time… Apart from Ken, R2 has gone so far down hill that it’s now looking up at the snake’s bellies.

Download podcasts - bluetooth speaker on the dash… job’s a good 'un!

:smiley: :smiley:

Listen to podcasts every day, highly recommend Desert island disc back catalogue. 100s if interviews from every walk of life.

mjallby:
Listen to podcasts every day, highly recommend Desert island disc back catalogue. 100s if interviews from every walk of life.

Definitely recommend this as well, I’ve got the Podbean app which has loads of podcasts. Simon Mayos confessions, Lineker and Baker, Flintoff Savage and the ping pong guy are all good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Frank skinner on watsname radio station is funny, no music just 3 people talking ■■■■■■■■.

I listen to home front bbc4 about the ww1. Its an audio book sort of thing. And dubland (irish) funniest thing ive heard in my life. and the chris moyles show on radio x podcast

I mainly listen to audiobooks. But a few good podcasts ive listened to are;

The Infinite Monkey Cage. You can download all 18 seasons off the bbc website link below. Really enjoyed this one.

The Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry is also worth a listen. Same again, you can download all 12 seasons off the bbc website link below.

I listen to my Spotify app through the trucks Bluetooth if that counts.

Joe Rogan podcast, all day!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

What’s a podcast? Never got into fishing. My brother does it but he’s on holiday.

All day long, not sure what I would do without them as the radios in our vehicles are nearly always broken:

Athletico Mince - Bob Mortimer & Andy Dawson, So funny, wont be for everyone but i love it!
Stuff you Should know - different subject every episode about …well…stuff you should know.
Dr Death - Serial true story about a dodgy neuro surgeon. Worth a listen.
This is actually happening - People telling true stories, some are strange and incredible.
Someone knows something - True crime unsolved.
Serial - True crime (seasons).
Adam Buxton - Talks with interesting people.
End of the world- Deep and interesting - existential risks to humans survival.

Just some I listen too, always on the look out for new ones!

The ones I’ve listened to recently have been ‘The infinite monkey cage’ and ‘my dad wrote a ■■■■■’ both are hilarious, but monkey cage is full of facts and gets the old grey matter working.

Fighting Talk of course…

Sometimes

When I was young, this was what we thought of as a “Podcast”…

Yes, all night long. Although I’m less keen on the BBC ones than a lot of others above.

SPORT

Second Captains - Irish sports podcast. It’s a €5 a month subscription but it’s the best value fiver I spend. Genuinely brilliant insight and level of debate on English football way above any English media outlet. 6 podcasts a week.

Totally Football Show - Good for tactical analysis of English and European football.

Football Ramble - Decent level of analysis but more about the lolz

The Stand - Eamonn Dunphy’s daily podcast. Usually football or politics.

Tell Him He’s Pele - Long form interviews with lower league Scottish footballers. Some really brilliant anecdotes.

POLITICS AND NEWS

Guardian Today In Focus - in depth look at one particular news story each day.

Talking Politics - David Runciman’s podcast. Interesting and generally unbiased.

Novara Tysky Sour - Very left wing, which obviously isn’t for everyone.

GUESTS/INTERVIEWS

Waking Up With Sam Harris - Brilliant podcast about all sorts of topics covered. Often very non PC and provocative. always interesting.

Joe Rogan Experience - Three hour long interviews three times a week. There’s absolutely reems of back catalogue to work through and there’ll be something of interest to everyone.

Adam Buxton - Again, take your pick from a really good back catalogue.

OTHERS

Dan Carlin’s ■■■■■■■■ History - These are basically free audiobooks. He spends six months making each one and they’re all about 6 hours long covering things like World War 1 or the Nuclear Threat 1945-1963.

Jordan Peterson - Not to everyone’s taste but I do find the topics he talks about generally pretty interesting

The High Low - Strangley enjoyable women’s podcast on pop culture and current affairs. High Low referring to high brow analysis of low brow topics.