Anti-social' lorry drivers banned from overnight parking

Heard this the other day on the radio

thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ … tates-ban/

Note the quoted article

"The anti-social behaviour that has been reported is stated to be having a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the area which includes littering, early morning engine noise, criminal damage, refrigeration noises through the night, inappropriate parking, road safety concerns and human excrement left on premises including children’s nurseries and residents gardens.”

I suppose I see their reasoning for the overnight parking ban! I mean who has a dump on someone’s garden lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“A council spokesman said it was considering the orders as multi-agency discussions had not identified a suitable long-term solution to concerns raised by residents and businesses about persistent anti-social behaviour by lorry drivers.”

Suitable long term solution? Build better lorry parks with adequate facilities…oh sorry i forgot, no one likes us until they need us!

Of course a ban on lorry parking is the answer, typical council attitude, let someone else sort it out. It is beyond the comprehension of councillors to actually come up with a sensible solution. I look upon council offices as day centres for the unemployable.

Maybe the answer is to encourage firms to let trucks overnight in their yards
The space is their it’s just their is no incentive.
Perhaps the council could give a discount to business rates/tax for people who do this.

This would never happen as the council wouldn’t take the financial hit but companies would jump at the chance.

Also why are so many fuel stations relatively small despite often being on large A roads with nothing nearby. It would be so easy to add some hgv parking.
But no as the council will not give any Concessions/incentives to do it.

It’s probably some of the flip-flops (as well as a very small minority of Brit drivers, not saying that all flip-flops are bad) who have been causing all this trouble, spoiling it for the rest of us and tarnishing our reputation as professional drivers.

Just another idea to scrounge YET more money from us drivers by an evil NIMBY-led council who cave-in to locals who don’t like big bad lorries parking in their industrial estates.

> Fincham:
> Of course a ban on lorry parking is the answer, typical council attitude, let someone else sort it out. It is beyond the comprehension of councillors to actually come up with a sensible solution. I look upon council offices as day centres for the unemployable.[/b]
He said: “The anti-social behaviour that has been reported is stated to be having a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the area which includes littering, early morning engine noise, criminal damage, refrigeration noises through the night, inappropriate parking, road safety concerns and human excrement left on premises including children’s nurseries and residents gardens.”
Maybe nobody would have to come up with a solution if none of the above happened. Some drivers just don’t help themselves and spoil it for others who have respect.
And as usual it’s everybody elses fault but the lorry drivers. :unamused: Oh and now we will pass the blame to our foreign colleagues. :unamused:

I reckon it’s about 80%; exaggeration, let’s face it we aint wanted, you are just meant to disappear when your time is up as far as these type of people are concerned.

Love the way they quote the number of trucks needing parking places as if it’s some sort of ■■■■ revelation. :unamused: well no ■■■■ eh? …it’s only came about because the same type of people have shut down the parks adjacent to towns without any replacement facilities .

I fully understand that there are many anti social dirty ■■■■ s among us, but I bet the ‘‘crap on the kids playground’’ story was made up just for effect, obviously not enough impact to say one of the ■■■■ s crapped beside their trailer. :unamused:
Usual thing the minority spoil it for the rest of us who know how to conduct ourselves when parked up. :smiling_imp:

I live not too far from a popular drinking area with several pubs close together. I often come home to find vomit, human faeces, used condoms and a nasty urine aroma in my garden. Not to mention music, revving car engines and loud obnoxious drunks shouting and screaming well into the early hours every weekend. Perhaps they should ban all drinking in residential areas because in my opinion, it’s exactly the same scenario.

Ps, many many complaints to the council and police (usually after car/house has been damaged) only for nothing to be done.

Just another example of anti lorry hysteria perpetuated by lazy journalism.

Nite Owl:
I live not too far from a popular drinking area with several pubs close together. I often come home to find vomit, human faeces, used condoms and a nasty urine aroma in my garden. Not to mention music, revving car engines and loud obnoxious drunks shouting and screaming well into the early hours every weekend. Perhaps they should ban all drinking in residential areas because in my opinion, it’s exactly the same scenario.

Ps, many many complaints to the council and police (usually after car/house has been damaged) only for nothing to be done.

They banned trucks from lay bys round my way for a short time a few years ago, the lay bys were full of Maccy Ds boxes and wrappers…because of the constant queues of artics going through the drive thrus that we all see everyday. :unamused:

robroy:

Nite Owl:

They banned trucks from lay bys round my way for a short time a few years ago, the lay bys were full of Maccy Ds boxes and wrappers…because of the constant queues of artics going through the drive thrus that we all see everyday. :unamused:

Drive+thru_4d945c_5320468.jpg

Okay … Were’s the RHA were’s the FTA, were’s the truck press hounding the big national papers, . Same place as usual, the RHA/FTA be having a meeting about driver training, and the comics will write an article to be published in the truck press read by people in the industry… This parking issue needs to be in the press every day, y

Yes some drivers are their worst enemies, leaving crap and rubbish, we all see it every day, We can all rant and write, but untill politicians are affected,nothing changes. Or we take fluffy bunnies hostage and threaten them with an evil end,… Might work.

Our own worst enemies. I had to stop on the A2 for a break yesterday. The amount of rubbish down the bank and in the layby was disgusting. It was obviously lorry rubbish.

How hard is it to dump your rubbish when you fill up there’s nearly always a decent size bin in any of the bunker sites and even on normal forecourts.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

adam277:
Maybe the answer is to encourage firms to let trucks overnight in their yards
The space is their it’s just their is no incentive.
Perhaps the council could give a discount to business rates/tax for people who do this.

This would never happen as the council wouldn’t take the financial hit but companies would jump at the chance.

Also why are so many fuel stations relatively small despite often being on large A roads with nothing nearby. It would be so easy to add some hgv parking.

The problem with parking at a company where you’ve tipped or loaded is from their point of view it’s a massive health & safety issue. They just can’t risk having drivers walking about during their time off. We used to park on a customer site and there was no end of trouble. Getting shouted at and talked down to by some jumped up middle manager because your not wearing safety shoes to walk out of the yard on your way to the shop. Or for smokers not allowed to smoke next to their truck. And it’s supposwd to be your rest away from all that ■■■■. It just doesn’t work unless the company has a separate area for you to park where their normal site rules doesn’t apply.

adam277:

In Ireland this is fairly common for fuel stations to have free hgv parking areas.

fatboystu1:
Suitable long term solution? Build better lorry parks with adequate facilities…oh sorry i forgot, no one likes us until they need us!

There are two parking areas at Leeming Bar, but you have to pay to park there, but I do agree that there isn’t enough suitable parking areas for us to use

I was talking to a new work mate the other day about parking. He used to drive for a tanker company (yellow trucks and tanks) and his last boss would not pay for overnight parking. That’s what your night out money is for he said.

With all the damage and trash left by lorry drivers, is it any surprise that no-one wants to build suitable parking areas for us, or allow us to park on in industrial estates. I certainly wouldn’t spend hundreds of thousands of pounds for it to be trashed and used as a toilet.

As a collective we are our own worst enemies and I can’t see anything changing in the future.

I used to work for a firm that did a lot of farm collections. One farmer even went to the trouble of building a toilet and shower for driver use. It was really nice. Within a few months it was broken and filthy and the farmer still found people had crapped in all sorts of places

The issue is the few ruin it for the many. I’ve seen drivers peeing up the wheel when there are toilets in the service building or dump stuff out the window when there’s a bin a few metres away. I keep all my trash in a bag and either bin it when I find a bin or put it in the bin back at the yard. It’s not hard.

Having said that I worked for a company on Tuesday that had a big notice saying Don’t dump your rubbish here dump it before you get back to the yard.

These issues always seem to come down to litter and bottles of urine and bags of crap etc,
Look at the slip road grass verges at Leeming Bar from drivers who have stayed at Coneygarth,absolutely disgusting and that’s drivers that have stayed at a place with facilities :open_mouth:
The fact is unless these dirty gets clean up there act we are never going to get anywhere,

madmackem:

fatboystu1:

There are two parking areas at Leeming Bar, but you have to pay to park there, but I do agree that there isn’t enough suitable parking areas for us to use

I was talking to a new work mate the other day about parking. He used to drive for a tanker company (yellow trucks and tanks) and his last boss would not pay for overnight parking. That’s what your night out money is for he said.

With all the damage and trash left by lorry drivers, is it any surprise that no-one wants to build suitable parking areas for us, or allow us to park on in industrial estates. I certainly wouldn’t spend hundreds of thousands of pounds for it to be trashed and used as a toilet.

As a collective we are our own worst enemies and I can’t see anything changing in the future.

+1 you took the words out of my mouth.