Dpd class 2 and class 1

Hi guys, I’ve come across a job advertised for class 1 and 2 for dpd but it doesn’t mention the wage, just says ‘competitive’.

Does anyone know or work for them who can shed some light on pay and what they’re like to work for?

Thanks

You will be better off asking on pdf

I met a Artic dpd driver a while back at Boots Burton-on-Trent and if I remember correctly he said…although don’t quote me on it £12 days £14 nights on class 1. So possibly a bit less for class 2. No idea what they like to work for but I reckon they are OK!

Singh5:
I met a Artic dpd driver a while back at Boots Burton-on-Trent and if I remember correctly he said…although don’t quote me on it £12 days £14 nights on class 1. So possibly a bit less for class 2. No idea what they like to work for but I reckon they are OK!

Thank so singh5… it does say that they will train you up on class 1 too so sounds good. I wasn’t sure though if the class 2 would be multi drop or depot to depot work.

wolves:

What’s that mate and where can I find it?

Cheemap:

wolves:

What’s that mate and where can I find it?

Professional drivers forum, before you asked on new and wannabe forum, mods must of moved it over

Check whether the job is for DPD local or Linkhaul. The work is different and the employers are different, believe it or not!

I would imagine the class 2 work is for local so probably multi-drop

good_friend:
Check whether the job is for DPD local or Linkhaul. The work is different and the employers are different, believe it or not!

It’s advertised through dpd and i also believe it will be them that you end up working for as they will progress you to class 1

Class 1 out of Hinckley Hub £11.07 days o/t after 8hrs £16.61
Night rate is a extra £2.07 p/hour paid after either 4pm or 6pm (can’t remember) till 6am.
Not the best but very easy work.

adamski90:
Night rate is a extra £2.07 p/hour paid after either 4pm or 6pm (can’t remember) till 6am.

We’ve had a pay rise last year

Cheemap:

good_friend:

It’s advertised through dpd and i also believe it will be them that you end up working for as they will progress you to class 1

Yes… both of them are DPD companies. I would imagine it’s more likely to be DPD local as you are currently class 2 so those are the rates you should be looking at.

There was a pay rise in Sept 2018. Have you thought about asking when you apply or go to see them? It’s a new concept I know but at least the information is more likely to be correct

andy187:

adamski90:

We’ve had a pay rise last year

What’s the rate p/h with the new rise if you don’t mind me asking?

Also, do you know if the class 2 is multi drop or is it to depots too like class 1? How long do you have to wait until they train you up on C+E?

Thanks

good_friend:

Cheemap:

good_friend:

Yes… both of them are DPD companies. I would imagine it’s more likely to be DPD local as you are currently class 2 so those are the rates you should be looking at.

There was a pay rise in Sept 2018. Have you thought about asking when you apply or go to see them? It’s a new concept I know but at least the information is more likely to be correct

Yes, thinking of applying so I can ask them directly but was asking on here first just to get an general idea as I don’t like wasting people’s time if I have no interest.

How did it go ?

This job is on indeed with rates .

Beetlejuice:
How did it go ?

£11.38 Mon to Fri, OT £17.07 after 40 hours.
Afternoon shifts (Roster 3) your start time changes every week… i.e one week 14:00 then next week or week after 14:30 then 15: 00 and so on till 17:00 a few weeks later.
there is an earlier roster but waiting list for that . earliest is 8am then latest 11am.

Overtime not guaranteed, but there is OT available, extra shifts.
Clean kit, clothes. well run.

And if your shift includes weekend work, like me Sat to Wed, £19.20 after 8 hours Sat, Sun, along with £2.13 extra for hours worked 6pm to 6am.
Easy work, trunking, trailer swaps, maybe pump truck pallets on.
Rescue drivers out of hours. maybe driving van to fetch truck and trailer from another depot.
Canteen on site at hinckley, Oldbury at nights.

andy187:

Beetlejuice:
How did it go ?

£11.38 Mon to Fri, OT £17.07 after 40 hours.
Afternoon shifts (Roster 3) your start time changes every week… i.e one week 14:00 then next week or week after 14:30 then 15: 00 and so on till 17:00 a few weeks later.
there is an earlier roster but waiting list for that . earliest is 8am then latest 11am.

Overtime not guaranteed, but there is OT available, extra shifts.
Clean kit, clothes. well run.

And if your shift includes weekend work, like me Sat to Wed, £19.20 after 8 hours Sat, Sun, along with £2.13 extra for hours worked 6pm to 6am.
Easy work, trunking, trailer swaps, maybe pump truck pallets on.
Rescue drivers out of hours. maybe driving van to fetch truck and trailer from another depot.
Canteen on site at hinckley, Oldbury at nights.

Thanks Andy