40hr contracts

Do they exist in this industry?

Srs question.

Yes…I’m on one.
Although I did 9 hours overtime last week

You probably can get a 40 hour contract, but not sure if you’d get enough money doing so.

The problem is the industry relies on drivers doing long hours and drivers rely on the long hours to make the money up to something decent.

I once had a 24hr contract but to them that meant 3 shifts (£105 x3) pay minimum so you couldn’t do two 12hr shifts and stay at home the rest of the week. We grew and delivered plants so it only really happened in January/February.

DHL East Midlands £16k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’m on 40hrs gauranteed. 4x 10 hr shifts, over 10 hrs at ot rates. Normally as many shifts you want or can do.
a couple of times have been paid to be at home when its been quiet. :slight_smile:

Yes…although I shant delve into the money side as it seems to upset a certain member on here lmfao!

msgyorkie:
Yes…although I shant delve into the money side as it seems to upset a certain member on here lmfao!

Im on around £560 a week takehome for 48 hours PAYE.

Don’t see why people need to be so funny when it comes to pay. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m on that gross

msgyorkie:

No one’s upset, we just get bored of blowhards lying about their wages when they aren’t asked about them.

40 hour contracts are OK - providing there’s overtime, and you are not expected to spread it over 5-6 shifts.

I’m on 40 hour contract (4x10 hours), plenty of overtime if I want it and it’s completely voluntary.
Last 2 nights got sent home after 6 hours because they got too many agency drivers in.

Im on one with the PHS Group 29k 40hour week overtime available if you want at enhanced rate one of rare easy jobs still available in the industry

TheUncaringCowboy:

msgyorkie:

No one’s upset, we just get bored of blowhards lying about their wages when they aren’t asked about them.

I would say you get upset by the way you resort to insults.
You could argue the toss without insulting a fellow forumnite, makes you look more intelligent.

I’m on an annualised hours 41 hour contract, but very rarely do 41, and last year was 200 hours under. It’s not going to last owing hours, but take it while I can.

msgyorkie:

TheUncaringCowboy:

msgyorkie:

I would say you get upset by the way you resort to insults.
You could argue the toss without insulting a fellow forumnite, makes you look more intelligent.

I would say you’re a lying blowhard.

A fellow forumnite… :unamused:

I’m on a 40 hr contract on overtime soon as I go over 8 hrs a day

My best mate is contracted to the hours 8-4 , when he starts at 4am he’s on time and a half straight away… unreal money compared to the rest of Hull

I need to spend more time on this forum as it seems most drivers on here get top money for few hours [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
I need to spend more time on this forum as it seems most drivers on here get top money for few hours [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You can tell the liars, they like to tell everyone how much they’re on for how little work they do when no one has asked.

They’re the same ones that are on better money than everyone else in the waiting room, no matter what you say they’re better.