To the slaughterhouse

Sploom:

mm1988:
I worked in 2 abattoirs when I left school, 4 yrs in total (3yrs at the first then a year at the second one). I started off working in the lairage and then went working on the line. I’ve worked with cows, sheep and pigs. It’s takes a while to get used to it but I grew up on a farm so I was well aware of what they were like before I went working there.

People say pigs are more aware but I don’t think they are. They follow the rest just like cows and sheep. Pigs can be more awkward at times but that’s just the way they are on farms too. Working with cattle in the lairage can be very dangerous. I’ve been kicked many times, had them charge at me and was pinned up against a wall by a bull whichh really isn’t good but it was just part of the job and you got on with it. Never had any trouble from protesters in the 4yrs I did the job.

I think I’ll give this job a miss, the thought of being pinned up a wall by a bull, that’s terrifying. I got pushed out of a field by a horse once, that was scary, it’s a pity because Id love to work in the agricultural industry, my uncle has a farm, he told me it can be difficult with cattle, there was one instance where they bolted out of the trailer, pushing the ramp down as it was being raised, and injuring the driver.

And these Fresians and Holsteins have a neat line in sidewards hoof kicking that would more than make your eyes water. :exclamation: