Owens Haulage

Does anybody know if Owens are recruiting at the moment. I only hold a class 2 with no experience at the moment however I went to a open day in July and they offered me a job on the skippers driving to Wrexham from Llanelli daily however did not follow it up at the time.

Check out there website there always advertising on there

owensgroup.uk/og/index.php? … acancies_s

They constantly advertise for drivers.

That should tell you all you need to know.

mike68:

Err… That they are busy?!

Not sure if they are hiring class 2 without checking online but what harm is a phone call?

Same goes for any class 2 firms in and around where you live, pick up the phone or better still put your shoes on and start knocking on doors.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Maybe he meant they can’t keep drivers because they are not good to work for? Don’t know but just saying. :wink:

Better than nothing though and a bit of experience!

You’ll be give a Scania to drive what more would anyone want ■■?.

jakethesnake:
Maybe he meant they can’t keep drivers because they are not good to work for? Don’t know but just saying. :wink:

My point exactly, people quick to jump on and [zb] all over a company when nine times out of ten know sweet FA about them, but this is the internet so… Pitchforks out for all haulage companies YAAAHHH! :unamused:

mike68:

To be fair to you I’ve just noticed your location and the stories I’ve heard about the Newport depot would add weight to what you say, horrible yard, attitude problems and not exactly the cream of their overall work, but I’ve also heard that other depots are alright to work for, so I suppose it’s all down to luck of the draw and location being a big part of that luck?

Reef:

mike68:

To be fair to you I’ve just noticed your location and the stories I’ve heard about the Newport depot would add weight to what you say, horrible yard, attitude problems and not exactly the cream of their overall work, but I’ve also heard that other depots are alright to work for, so I suppose it’s all down to luck of the draw and location being a big part of that luck?

I worked for them for a short while back in 2010 from the Newport depot, the fleet was well maintained and and run in a proper legal manner.

Drivers on the whole were well treated with many of them being long serving, the issue as always with all for profit outfits is the pay.

There are worse jobs there are better jobs, good for the experience you never know until you try.

Reef:

jakethesnake:

My point exactly, people quick to jump on and [zb] all over a company when nine times out of ten know sweet FA about them, but this is the internet so… Pitchforks out for all haulage companies YAAAHHH! :unamused:

If you read again you may see I was referring to your comment ‘are they that busy’ after reading mike 68’s which to me made out they were not good to work for.
I was in no way saying they were but said it was a probability after reading mikes post. I was not jumping on anything.

I wouldn’t judge a firm by the driver turnover or the fact they advertise a lot ,in my experience drivers personal circumstances change and they leave some come back some don’t ,then there’s the drivers who always think the grass is greener or who are tempted by higher wages but can’t hack the work load …

jakethesnake:

Reef:

jakethesnake:

If you read again you may see I was referring to your comment ‘are they that busy’ after reading mike 68’s which to me made out they were not good to work for.
I was in no way saying they were but said it was a probability after reading mikes post. I was not jumping on anything.

I don’t need to read your post again, I fully understood what you were saying, I was not accusing you of anything, however I used your words (the ones I made bold) to put my point across, as mike68’s initial post offered nothing but what looked and read like an assumed speculation (why he couldn’t make it clear in his first post as he did in his second post on the matter is for him and him alone to understand I suppose).

Reef:

jakethesnake:

Reef:

jakethesnake:

I don’t need to read your post again, I fully understood what you were saying, I was not accusing you of anything, however I used your words (the ones I made bold) to put my point across, as mike68’s initial post offered nothing but what looked and read like an assumed speculation (why he couldn’t make it clear in his first post as he did in his second post on the matter is for him and him alone to understand I suppose).

Fair enough.

jaustin123:
Does anybody know if Owens are recruiting at the moment. I only hold a class 2 with no experience at the moment however I went to a open day in July and they offered me a job on the skippers driving to Wrexham from Llanelli daily however did not follow it up at the time.

They probably had somebody walk in when they needed a driver, and didn’t need to call you back…
The South Wales driver revolting door (other areas with low paying haulage cartels are available…) means that there are so many drivers moving between jobs between the main players, no single employer is ever short of drivers calling looking for a job.

“Are they recruiting”?

How about this for a novel idea?

Ring them up and ask. Kids of today want everything on a plate .