Turners fridge work Trafford park

Hi all…Just wondering if anyone has any experience of working for Turners (soham) on fridges out of Trafford park and tramping. Are they good, bad, or ugly? any replies more than welcome. Also never done fridge work and apparently they will give training on fridges.

You don’t need training on fridges mate. I’ve been doing them about 8 years, never had any training and have not poisoned that many people! Seriously, all you need to know is how to switch them on, how to set the temperature setpoint, and what temperature whatever goods you are carrying need to be at. That info will be provided by the person/place that loads you.

As above…never understood why “fridge work” is seen as a thing,it’s a on/off and temp setting nothing more.

I think gingerfold , usually on the old time board, works for them, though I think he’s management (of the old school variety).

the maoster:
You don’t need training on fridges mate. I’ve been doing them about 8 years, never had any training and have not poisoned that many people! Seriously, all you need to know is how to switch them on, how to set the temperature setpoint, and what temperature whatever goods you are carrying need to be at. That info will be provided by the person/place that loads you.

Point of order, you need training, on how to remain cool,when countless knobheads ask, " you leaving that running all night"

Must be far better paid jobs round Trafford Park than them?

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I’m looking to get into fridge work and having never done it before don’t even know where to start and I saw turners were advertising.

Baldy91:
Thanks for the replies. To be honest I’m looking to get into fridge work and having never done it before don’t even know where to start and I saw turners were advertising.

If your a lazy &+£( get on boxes. Plenty in TP or other fridge cos that pay more than Turner’s.

Baldy91:
I’m looking to get into fridge work

Out of pure curiosity, why is that?

Be a bit careful though. I was on a CPC day with a Turners driver and he reckoned he ran bent EVERY DAY due to constant pressure from his planners. More fool him, I know, but he said he was far from the only one at it.

Got a few ex Turners lads where I work, according to them they were on a day rate which worked out quite well if you were doing 8 hours, but we all know the rest don’t we?

xichrisxi:
As above…never understood why “fridge work” is seen as a thing,it’s a on/off and temp setting nothing more.

And here’s silly old me thinking you had to keep’em fuelled up with red… :smiley: