Daf engine malfunction

Got 17 reg daf. Yestrday got message drain fuel filter. So drove it to lease company workshop. On way message changed to engine malfunction.

Got there drove fine…
Had new fuel filter . fitter connected his laptop. .
Yet engine malfunction won’t disappear his computer says all fine no errors message won’t go away
Computer did say cruise control error he tried reset it…
Warning won’t go away.
Been driving it all day today cruise
Etc works fine drives ok

Any one have any ideas?

Also been told by workshop ok to drive. Been driving it all seems fine .
And What’s the score with vosa if get stopped and see the warning

edd1974:
Got 17 reg daf. Yestrday got message drain fuel filter. So drove it to lease company workshop. On way message changed to engine malfunction.

Got there drove fine…
Yet engine malfunction won’t disappear his computer says all fine no errors message won’t go away
Warning won’t go away.
Etc works fine drives ok

Any one have any ideas?

So that’s the Lease Co workshop, not a DAF dealer?
Driving with engine warning light is probably of little interest to DVSA.
Emissions warnings might wake them up. Red brake warnings will get them going.
Cover yourself by noting everything in defect book of course.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

As Franglais, though its always best to present a defect note (or get one by phone from your traffic office if out on the road) when you submit a vehicle, then the defect can be signed off as roadworthy, then keep a copy for your records even if you’ve handed in the original to your company, there’s your proof you’ve done everything by the book and professional mechanic has signed the vehicle off.
Arse covered :sunglasses:

It was mv commercials haydock .
He spent 2 hours fiddling about couldn’t reset it.
He did say in new year maybe we will get daf to look . As we think it’s still under daf 2 year warranty.

Defect book get with it lol we use a phone app

edd1974:

Thank the good Lord i only have a few years to go :smiling_imp: , i can just about make and receive a bloody call on mine, app? nope doesn’t compute.

Juddian:

edd1974:

Thank the good Lord i only have a few years to go :smiling_imp: , i can just about make and receive a bloody call on mine, app? nope doesn’t compute.

“Doesn’t compute”

Nice one!

edd1974:

Got there drove fine…
Warning won’t go away.
Etc works fine drives ok

Any one have any ideas?

If hes not using a Davie but some generic test kit, tbh they arent a lot of cop unless its a real obvious fault.
One thing to check is after a short time with the engine running from cold ( 2/3 minutes), switch it off and release the header tnak cap to see if its pressurising, there have heen lots of issues with this over the last year, also crankcase ventilation modules.

We had to have new fuel senders on our 15 plates. Might be related.

To be honest the warning is generic and a multitude of issues can put a warning light on…To be fair to the guy from MV he probably didn’t have a clue hence he kept trying to clear the fault …The vehicles nowdays are fairly complicated and that is the bonus of manufacturers training comes in along with the tech helpline if required …You need the aptitude and interest to learn and understand these systems and how they work and even in the dealer network a lot do not and do not care …It really needs DAVIE to help diagnose the issue and hopefully someone who understands the system and what DAVIE is telling them

to be honest all the electronics do my head in. esp now bad weather is here.

as dash is always lighting up sensor blocked camera blocked etc

edd1974:
to be honest all the electronics do my head in. esp now bad weather is here.

as dash is always lighting up sensor blocked camera blocked etc

Aye, right there.
Even with Lane Departure turned off on a foggy day: Few miles down road,
‘Flash ! Bing !’ “Malfunction”
It clears itself, then couple of miles further,
‘Flash ! Bing !’ “Malfunction”.
Didn’t they test these poxy things in anything apart from a sunny day?
Distracting rubbish that teaches us to ignore warning chines and lights!

Had similar on my 65 plate CF at the start of this year, went into dealer who scratched their heads a lot then told me it was ‘too many AEBS triggers’ and they had to reset/flash the ecu - been ok ever since

map-man:
Had similar on my 65 plate CF at the start of this year, went into dealer who scratched their heads a lot then told me it was ‘too many AEBS triggers’ and they had to reset/flash the ecu - been ok ever since

Mine’s been the same since new. Told it was “normal”.