Hit and Run at Birchanger Green

I returned to my truck in the lorry park of Birchanger Green this afternoon to find significant damage to the back of my trailer. According to the driver opposite it was hit by a Scania registration YC63 URP logoed up as “TSM”. The driver apparently got out of his cab, viewed the damage he had caused, then drove off without leaving any details. The police have been informed.

Does anyone have any details of this truck or the company TSM? I have found a “TSM Transport Services Ltd” on companies house, but they went into liquidation last year.

The only TSM I know is Transport de St Michel which is a French company, I don’t know if they have British registered tractor units?

Tsm logistics perhaps ?

Harry Monk:
The only TSM I know is Transport de St Michel which is a French company, I don’t know if they have British registered tractor units?

Are you not thinking of TSA Harry?..Transportes St Arnould.

Harry Monk:

TSA, run all daf fleet.

If you google the reg you get a pic of a plain white scania pulling an asda trailer.

And I do hope the services are being nice and helpfull. Or there cctv not working

Not sure how old the picture is from the internet, but it is one of Asda’s trucks

edd1974:
If you google the reg you get a pic of a plain white scania pulling an asda trailer.

And I do hope the services are being nice and helpfull. Or there cctv not working

Picture uploaded June 2014. Doubt very much if its an Asda, not many left on a 63 plate and would have the logo still on the deflector. Hell of a lot of 63 plate Asda’s disposed of last year so the market was flooded.

Hope something comes of it.
But doubt it will if the police even bother to follow up be a case of his word v yours/ witness.
unless any cctv evidence.

Fuzrat:
Picture uploaded June 2014. Doubt very much if its an Asda, not many left on a 63 plate and would have the logo still on the deflector. Hell of a lot of 63 plate Asda’s disposed of last year so the market was flooded.

Four year life on Asda base fleet. 64 plate being replaced at the moment.

edd1974:
Hope something comes of it.
But doubt it will if the police even bother to follow up be a case of his word v yours/ witness.
unless any cctv evidence.

You try getting the CCTV evidence off the operator, they will quote all sorts of spurious EU law to evade releasing the actual footage :unamused:

My mate had a problem down Avonmouth way a few months ago with a badly slashed curtain, it was done right in front of a camera attached to a major employer in the area, the police weren`t interested as nothing was knicked :open_mouth:

But after a fair bit of investigation work, it came out in the wash, that the CCTV was monitored from India, and they were paying a fair whack for zilch coverage, as the Indian surveillance company were not plugged in, and had never been plugged in…for 5 years :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Mate had the front end ripped off one,at michael wood…a few years back.
Jumped out of bed,too late to get reg…but saw it was a walkers crisps motor.
Neither Michael wood,or walkers crisps were any help.

Tossers

Cronus:

Fuzrat:

Four year life on Asda base fleet. 64 plate being replaced at the moment.

George at Brackmills still have a few 63 4 leggers still knocking around but they are on the way out I hear. Still got one 63 6 legger at Didcot but I would expect that to be gone after xmas.

From the ‘Regit’ site. regit.cars/car/yc63urp/interested

“This vehicle’s MOT has expired
You can be fined up to £1000 for driving without a valid MOT.”

From the GOV MOT checker

YC63URP
SCANIA G440
Check another vehicle

Date registered
7 November 2013
Annual test valid until
31 May 2019

Im surprised the police botherd to come out.

Two things, do you own your wagon? If so, get on the people in charge, as they will have cctv, even if its just incoming and outgoing vehicles for parking theyll be something. They probably wont be much help, but e-mail and ring at least twice a day and you might get somewhere.

If its your bossess wagon, pass what you know onto him and leave it at that.

tc trans:
Not sure how old the picture is from the internet, but it is one of Asda’s trucks

edd1974:

How do you no it a asda lorry

Concretejim:
Im surprised the police botherd to come out.

Two things, do you own your wagon? If so, get on the people in charge, as they will have cctv, even if its just incoming and outgoing vehicles for parking theyll be something. They probably wont be much help, but e-mail and ring at least twice a day and you might get somewhere.

If its your bossess wagon, pass what you know onto him and leave it at that.

The police didn’t come out. I had to fill in a online accident report form and am waiting for them to come back to me…

I’m a owner driver. I already have the reg and a witness statement from another driver who saw the incident, so not sure that CCTV is going to be much benefit. The problem is trying to identify the owner of the truck…

A simple call and payment to DVLA explaining why you need to trace the owner shouks solve the issue of who owns the vehicle now assuming it is all above board of course. You can request an owners details from DVLA as long as you have just cause, and in this case with a crime ref no you have just cause.

Or it may have to be done in writing I can’t quite remember. Never had to do do it myself.