Will this be you in a few years time?

When you’re still having to work?

facebook.com/45655650817403 … 604?sfns=1

citycat:
When you’re still having to work?

facebook.com/45655650817403 … 604?sfns=1

More than likely.

Years ago there was an elderly owner driver who had a Leyland Marathon that used to carry cattle cake in bags on a flat .The only way he could get in and out of the cab was to be lifted or droped on a pallet on a forklift. His load was sheeted by the loaders at the mill and unsheeted at the merchants he delivered to

I’m a bit conflicted by this. On the one hand you admire the fellows ingenuity & grit on the other it’s a really sad situation if the man has no other way to get by.

Don’t tell the boss but I may have ridden a pallet on forks to get a single case that was on the top deck but that may have been straight up & down. That fellow would have needed help getting out as well, one would assume, at delivery points & end of shift.

How does he manage if he’s somewhere that doesn’t have a forkie !! I feel for him though.

It may not be a permanent state of affairs, he might be recovering from an illness or injury, could have gone arse over head only ten minutes before, or pride in not taking sick time could be a feature.
I’ve been not far off that state a few times when sciatica has kicked in.

Not something you’ll see happening in 40 years time, when the snowflake generation are getting past their prime.

I wonder how he manages if he gets caught short and needs to pull up for a sheet

peirre:
I wonder how he manages if he gets caught short and needs to pull up for a sheet

I can assure you that the correct answer is to not hold onto the rails and squat over the side. Steps will be covered in it. And it sinks the cab out.

No it wasn’t me. And yes I did refuse to drive it. First giveaway was the stench - so I investigated. Found a load of it all over the steps. The driver was not even ashamed when questioned. The company were not overly bothered either. I no longer will work there.