Argos Basildon

Anyone know what agency they use?
I know Wincanton handle all the driving but not too sure on what agency they use.

Phone Wincanton up and ask,you might get lucky and be offered a job direct with them

Think its Staffline. Don’t know the phone number. Have a look on their website it should tell you.

elsa Lad:
Think its Staffline. Don’t know the phone number. Have a look on their website it should tell you.

Thanks!

■■■ of a place too deliver too, used to deliver 46 pallets of flat pack furniture to them twice a month, 8 hours + each time too tip and always had at least 20 pallets of returns each time of unsold stock being returned too the supplier.

scotstrucker:
ass of a place too deliver too, used to deliver 46 pallets of flat pack furniture to them twice a month, 8 hours + each time too tip and always had at least 20 pallets of returns each time of unsold stock being returned too the supplier.

SCS are like that. Funnily enough the worst one being Basildon. Must be something in the water, a special ■■■■ additive or something.

Mind you I never take the returns as I’m not told in advance and I’m picking up a full load round the corner wink wink…

I’m banned for life from Argos at Basildon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

So am I , pulled off a bay with a red light . Never seen so many hi viz and clipboards together before .

joe royal:

Harry Monk:

So am I , pulled off a bay with a red light . Never seen so many hi viz and clipboards together before .

At the CO-OP they take your key to stop this.
They are trying to push driving to sit in the waiting room but are not making much progress as drivers will just sit in the cab without the key.

Some replies have gone off track,all the guy asked was who is the Agency used by Wincanton.
Nothing to do with being band for life because somebody was daft enough to pull off the bay on a RED light or how long it took to deliver flat pack

Harry did you pull off in a red light!!!

Also would you ever take your canal boat over the chanel? Always wondered why people don’t do this. Only thing I can think of is that it’s proper ■■■ clenching stuff. Especially when you see some giant superfreighter.

Sorry lollipop I got sidetracked…
The question was answered though.

adam277:
Harry did you pull off in a red light!!!

Also would you ever take your canal boat over the chanel? Always wondered why people don’t do this. Only thing I can think of is that it’s proper ■■■ clenching stuff. Especially when you see some giant superfreighter.

Sorry lollipop I got sidetracked…
The question was answered though.

Nah I refused to queue up to be searched as I went back to the truck from the canteen as shift change was happening and when the goon put his hand out to physically stop me, I told him that if he touched me that I would call the Police and have him arrested for assault.

Also bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/arti … ture.shtml

Did you have to press the button thing? Red means search green means no search.
A lot of people hate that.

Have you considered crossing the Atlantic in your canal boat? You would definitely make headlines. I’ve googled it and their is no ‘confirmed’ reports of a a canal boat doing it.
Might need to pack some extra toilet paper though and a few changes of pants.
edit: made me think of this youtube.com/watch?v=W9Tdw5nG4dQ

adam277:
Have you considered crossing the Atlantic in your canal boat?

Errr, no! :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

adam277:

What about Sharpness to Bristol on the Severn estuary - quite a few do it but always looks pretty hairy on the Youtube videos.

Own Account Driver:

Harry Monk:

adam277:

What about Sharpness to Bristol on the Severn estuary - quite a few do it but always looks pretty hairy on the Youtube videos.

I was at Sharpness this year and I did toy with the idea but I really needed to get back to my mooring to sort some stuff out so I turned in Sharpness Basin and headed back north instead. Tidal Thames is fun.

Do you need like an extra type of licence for tidal flows or could I (I do have canal experience) just rent a boat and wing it if I fancy it if you like?

toonsy:
Do you need like an extra type of licence for tidal flows or could I (I do have canal experience) just rent a boat and wing it if I fancy it if you like?

You have to have a pilot from Sharpness but he is only actually on the first boat in a convoy.

Yes, a pilot needed for Sharpness-Bristol, and also to cross the Wash (not sure if this is compulsory but it is very strongly recommended), no extra licence needed for the tidal Thames although an EA boat licence is required for the non-tidal section from Teddington to Oxford which was around £42 for one week.

Most hire companies won’t let you go on tidal waters though.