The French are at it again

The French truckers have now joined in. That will screw up the country. They don’t screw about when the get the bit between their teeth.

thelocal.fr/20181205/french … rom-sunday

It’s a pity they didn’t show the same grit in 2 world wars

At least they know how to fight against the machine. We no longer know how

Makes you wonder what our guys fought & sacrificed their lives for

gazsa401:

A bit of crass statement to make !

Go search on the internet to find out exactly how many French people , soldiers and civilians, actually lost their lives “defending their country”

In many ways the protesters compare with The Resistance, now fighting an out of touch regime complete with resplendent if naked short arse emporer, once again supported by the third (or is it fourth now) reich.

At long last the proletariat have had enough of having the ■■■■ taken out of them, the elites led by their naked emporer piled the last straw on the camel’s back and it has revolted.

Good, the Brexit betrayal might just see an Oliver Cromwell rise from the ashes of our once fine country,

I give you Cromwell’s speech from 1653

''It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter’d your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil’d this sacred place, and turn’d the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress’d, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!‘’

Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653

Juddian:
In many ways the protesters compare with The Resistance, now fighting an out of touch regime complete with resplendent if naked short arse emporer, once again supported by the third (or is it fourth now) reich.

At long last the proletariat have had enough of having the ■■■■ taken out of them, the elites led by their naked emporer piled the last straw on the camel’s back and it has revolted.

Good, the Brexit betrayal might just see an Oliver Cromwell rise from the ashes of our once fine country,

''It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter’d your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil’d this sacred place, and turn’d the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress’d, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

Superb

Juddian:

Bravo Sir, Bravo

When I was younger and received my daily news via The Sun I was brainwashed into despising the French. When I grew up and spent a bit of time working there my attitude changed completely. Now, with the notable exception of Parisians :wink: I admire the French immensely. It’s not just the fact that they are passionate enough to take action as opposed to us Brits who just moan and grumble, but also their whole approach to life in general is to be commended, they work to live, not vice versa, they make time for family and in fact everything seems to revolve around family gatherings, meals together etc. Long may it continue.

Good post Juddian

As a p.s. the prime minister is live on tv as I type.

He has stated that there will be NO INCREASE in fuel taxes in his next budget. There will be O increases in January !!!
The war isn’t over, it at least there is some advancement

pierrot 14:

gazsa401:

Go search on the internet to find out exactly how many French people , soldiers and civilians, actually lost their lives “defending their country”

Fair comment but in WW2 the Vichy government was hardly a model of resistance, as an example a higher percentage of Jews were rounded up and deported to Germany from Vichy controlled areas than from the German controlled areas. Look past De Gaulle and his propaganda and the French record in WW2 is not one of great valour

Mazzer2:

pierrot 14:

gazsa401:

Fair comment but in WW2 the Vichy government was hardly a model of resistance, as an example a higher percentage of Jews were rounded up and deported to Germany from Vichy controlled areas than from the German controlled areas. Look past De Gaulle and his propaganda and the French record in WW2 is not one of great valour

The French leadership capitulated to ■■■■ Germany, many in France colaberated, but it was no different here in the early years of WW2, many in power would have been willing to have a peace deal instead of continued war and almost certain invasion and no doubt we would of had plenty of collaborators of our own.
However for many ordinary French people they risked their lives, even the lives of their families and their communities by opposing ■■■■ rule, initially with very little support from the allies and only rudimentary equipment, it was only when the allies realised the true value of the resistance movement in France and other parts of occupied Europe they started to support and coordinate their action.

muckles:

Mazzer2:

pierrot 14:

gazsa401:

The French leadership capitulated to ■■■■ Germany, many in France colaberated, but it was no different here in the early years of WW2, many in power would have been willing to have a peace deal instead of continued war and almost certain invasion and no doubt we would of had plenty of collaborators of our own.
However for many ordinary French people they risked their lives, even the lives of their families and their communities by opposing ■■■■ rule, initially with very little support from the allies and only rudimentary equipment, it was only when the allies realised the true value of the resistance movement in France and other parts of occupied Europe they started to support and coordinate their action.

Not denying that some individuals resisted and contributed to the Allied war effort but that doesn’t detract from the way the Vichy government behaved in their enthusiasm for the deportation of Jews or the way they dealt with the resistance, Petain could have behaved differently or resigned, yes the German’s would probably have executed him but at least he wouldn’t have been doing their dirty work

the maoster:
When I was younger and received my daily news via The Sun I was brainwashed into despising the French. When I grew up and spent a bit of time working there my attitude changed completely. Now, with the notable exception of Parisians :wink: I admire the French immensely. It’s not just the fact that they are passionate enough to take action as opposed to us Brits who just moan and grumble, but also their whole approach to life in general is to be commended, they work to live, not vice versa, they make time for family and in fact everything seems to revolve around family gatherings, meals together etc. Long may it continue.

Exactly why I moved here - A realistic way of life -Time to see my children grow up and not expected to work all the maximum hours just because the tacho laws say you can.

pierrot 14:
Good post Juddian

He has stated that there will be NO INCREASE in fuel taxes in his next budget. There will be O increases in January !!!

:unamused:

climateaction.org/news/macro … ate-change

Which translates as EDF nuclear power hope to gain from taxing fossil fuels off the market in Europe.While as usual the French want to be exempt from their own rules which they expect everyone else to bow down to.

Although over 300 years since Cromwell’s words were spoken they are even truer now than they were then and unlike the French we Brits are so subdued that nothing will be done other than a few speeches and the establishment will march on.My old WW2 soldier dad would have been disgusted.It is also true that while we criticise the French over their actions during the war what would ours have been were it not for that stretch of water between us and help from the commonwealth.
Another quote i read recently attributed to Aesop(he of the fables)4000 (?)years ago. “Minor thieves we execute.Major thieves we give public office.” mmmmm

FFS, They better stop it by next weekend , I am doing the tunnel and down to Spain via the Atlantic coast in the motorhome …coming back in mid January .

If they don’t it will be Belgium Germany and south down to Italy then on to Monaco ,then across the bottom of France with a reserve diesel tank in the garage under the bed !

Starting from Feb.1st I believe many more post offices are going to stock International Driving Permit forms in anticipation of a rush.My nearest at the moment is Leeds,20 miles away.
I always used to fill up with diesel in France but last trip I was shocked at the increase in price €1.45 ish in supermarkets up to €1.68 elsewhere.€1.45 is not far off UK Asda price so since my Mondeo has around 800 miles range I filled up in my usual place near Pamplona and rolled off the ferry with around 100 miles left.

Carryfast:

pierrot 14:
Good post Juddian

:unamused:

climateaction.org/news/macro … ate-change

Which translates as EDF nuclear power hope to gain from taxing fossil fuels off the market in Europe.While as usual the French want to be exempt from their own rules which they expect everyone else to bow down to.

Shut up Carryfast, that article was from March 2018 ffs !! :unamused: :unamused:
We are now in December !!
And I’ve read that article, can’t see anything about the French wanting to be:

exempt from their own rules which they expect everyone else to bow down to

as you put it

Gidders:
Starting from Feb.1st I believe many more post offices are going to stock International Driving Permit forms in anticipation of a rush.My nearest at the moment is Leeds,20 miles away.
I always used to fill up with diesel in France but last trip I was shocked at the increase in price €1.45 ish in supermarkets up to €1.68 elsewhere.€1.45 is not far off UK Asda price so since my Mondeo has around 800 miles range I filled up in my usual place near Pamplona and rolled off the ferry with around 100 miles left.

Down to €1.34 in the majority of supermarkets at the moment Gidders, when were you last over ?

Juddian:

If you are big enough to quote the man who was the head of the largest infight that this country has ever seen, are you big enough to take up arms against your children?