Bobtail actros on A1m extracts £100

I was relieved of £100 last week on the A1m.
The ■■■■ came along side me with a cameraman or woman in passenger seat.
Ok,I should wear it, but,I find truck seat belts bloody uncomfortable.
Anyway, what if I had been wearing it, but just happened to be taking a sip of Costa.
Would that also cost £100?
Anyone have experience of this.
I was too ■■■■■■ off to ask the cop.

You need one of these.

i haven’t, but a driver at work got caught on the M6 and fined for not wearing a seat belt. Again caught by sneaky coppers in a tractor unit

They can class eating or drinking as careless driving which is £100 and 3 points.

Unless you have a medical reason and doctors note to exempt you from wearing a seltbelt then it’s law to wear it. No ifs no buts. Whether you agree with the law or not its there plain and simple.

The very item that may just save your life in the event of an accident. Judging by the morons that drive on the roads daily it amazes me how many people don’t wear a seat belt.

You got caught pay up and move on.

Received a NIP through the post, apparently a van caught me without one.

Got offered an online course for £36 instead.

Can’t say I’ve worn one in a wagon since I passed my test. If I can see a nasty accident unfolding before my eyes, where I’m going to come off worse than I’d like, I’ll be out of the door. Presumably like the gent on the M1 I went by a couple of months back…

mardybum:

Can’t say I’ve worn one in a wagon since I passed my test. If I can see a nasty accident unfolding before my eyes, where I’m going to come off worse than I’d like, I’ll be out of the door. Presumably like the gent on the M1 I went by a couple of months back…

I’m not trying preach, as far as I’m concerned you’re an adult you know it’s illegal and it’s your choice.

Just going to question the logic, if you see a nasty accident unfolding and have time to exit your truck surely you have time to react in a more positive way such as braking or steering out of trouble?
Also don’t you think it’s highly risky to leap out of a truck doing enough speed to hurt when it ploughs into another vehicle, if the leap doesn’t kill you what about the other traffic around you who are now avoiding a driverless truck and a truckless driver who has just appeared on the road? :wink:

mardybum:

That’s how I got one nip from Hull-shire, camera van as you come out of Hull, in the 40 limit, no seat belt, offered an online course. £60 no points.

Camera vans aren’t just for speeding, that camera is high definition, so if he presses the fire button to check your speed, and it’s ok, still get a nice photo of you not wearing seatbelt… I wear it always now.

It amazes me how the camera can get photo good enough to see clearly you are not wearing a seat belt. When you look at a truck windscreen coming on the otherside it’s really dark and even difficult to see the driver. I know some belts are red now but still.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

simcor:
Unless you have a medical reason and doctors note to exempt you from wearing a seltbelt then it’s law to wear it. No ifs no buts. Whether you agree with the law or not its there plain and simple.

The very item that may just save your life in the event of an accident. Judging by the morons that drive on the roads daily it amazes me how many people don’t wear a seat belt.

You got caught pay up and move on.

I have indeed moved on thanks.
I’m trying hard to remember to put the thing on,but it’s hard to break a habit of 45 years.

I would recommend something like this for those who find seatbelts uncomfortable - it’s what I use and it stops the belt from pinning you back in your seat.
amazon.co.uk/dp/B0772M2M3Y/ … cCbC5J5H63

[emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll never understand people who won’t wear seatbelts, I know of a few people who’ve been killed or seriously injured through not wearing them.

One was a trucker, his accident was a thread in here a while back, basically ran into the back of another truck on the M1, the damage to the unit wasn’t serious but as he wasn’t wearing his belt he was thrown forward and subsequently died of his injuries, the Police put this down to his death, had he been wearing it he’d still be here today.

hinckleytimes.net/news/local … 352067.amp

I’d far rather a little discomfort than lose my life!

Arthurhucksake:
I’ll never understand people who won’t wear seatbelts, I know of a few people who’ve been killed or seriously injured through not wearing them.

One was a trucker, his accident was a thread in here a while back, basically ran into the back of another truck on the M1, the damage to the unit wasn’t serious but as he wasn’t wearing his belt he was thrown forward and died of his injuries, the Police put this down to his death, had he been wearing it he’d still be here today.

I’d far rather a little discomfort than lose my life!

Totally agree i have no sympathy for anyone who gets caught not wearing one

mardybum:

Jumping from a moving truck to avoid an accident. Good luck with that Lee majors!!
Keep one of these on just in case

goo.gl/images/ao7hPM

Bino10:
I know some belts are red now but still.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

My seat belts are red, so are my company issue polo shirts! :smiley: Actually I wear my seatbelt all the time with the exception of manoeuvring around delivery yards. I do find that after a few hours driving I become aware of a dull ache in my right shoulder (perhaps because of a long ago broken collarbone) and I find that 5 minutes of pushing the belt over the top of my right arm makes the pain disappear.

Good job the Police haven’t got any knife crime to investigate.

PROFESSIONAL driver no seat belt ?.

Anyway it was Durham plod what done it to me.expensive day for me.
I may have spotted it but I was arranging a new rear led light that I wiped out whilst getting out of a tight spot.

Harry Monk:
Good job the Police haven’t got any knife crime to investigate.

Police are as wasteful of resources as doctors. They go around fixing broken bones and treating high blood pressure, when they should be finding a cure for cancer.

?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk