Average age of trucknet drivers

Keep hearing about how the average age of truckers are going up and I agree.
Just curious as to what the average age of drivers on here is

So only vote if you are still driving a truck and not retired.

16 votes so far and not what I was expecting.

Maybe it’s because this a internet forum so more likely to have younger drivers?

Is there a vote? I can’t see one on my mobile using tapatalk, maybe that’s the reason so few voted?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah shame you can only see polls via a Web browser. Shows how rubbish Tapatalk is sometimes.

Current votes screenshot.

There is no poll showing.For the record.I’m 55

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The poll is biased to start with.

Categories aren’t of the same margin, and overlap each other.

Agency? :open_mouth: :smiley:

54 getting older.

The poll is showing on android tablet

Can’t view it either.
I’m 48 [emoji851][emoji851]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can see the poll on Android.
I’m 51.

I am 65 ,the last time that this came up the average age was about 54 .So many things are different for young people nowadays, fewer of them can drive a car never mind any thing bigger.

I’m my head I’m only 10, but my license is up for renewal at the end of the year

almost 150 votes
here is a image of the poll for those on phones that cant see it.

i.imgur.com/pRqvb3G.png

At the start it looked like most of the drivers were between 20-40 but yea seems like the average age is around 50ish.
The poll is not perfect but wasn’t sure if you could add more then 10 options.

adam277:

Maybe it’s because this a internet forum so more likely to have younger drivers?

Those born late 50s and into the 60s would have been the first to have colour tv (all 3 channels!), pocket calculators, interest in video games (Space Invaders!), access to micro-computers and then personal computers (ZX80 anyone?), cassette tapes, early games consoles, etc. which surely would make that generation the more likely to still be using a forum to communicate?

Vid:

adam277:

Those born late 50s and into the 60s would have been the first to have colour tv (all 3 channels!), pocket calculators, interest in video games (Space Invaders!), access to micro-computers and then personal computers (ZX80 anyone?), cassette tapes, early games consoles, etc. which surely would make that generation the more likely to still be using a forum to communicate?

I didn’t mean to offend. :stuck_out_tongue: Just doing a generalisation.
Anyway it’s changed a lot now.
According to the poll only about 2% of the drivers on here are under 25.
And only about 10% are under 30!

As a snapshot; we’ve got thirteen drivers at our mill, and eight of us will retire within four years of each other, the oldest being 62 now; and our job (bulk/bagged feed to farms) is fairly physical by industry standards.

Bump.

If this poll reflects the entire industry I think our sector might take a hit.

The old time lorries section of the forum should be buzzing with activity while the 70+ ers are stuck in the house all day.

Think i’m in the minority a bit being 20. Also feel it whenever waiting around with other drivers.

The number of times this poll/question has been posted over the years, I’m suprised no one has used the search option. Oh hang on someone did use it that’s why why have a resurrection of a thread

Poll goes to show two…

Things. It’s all old ■■■■■ on here and Tapatalk is carp.