Broken down..?

Hi,
Out in a 2015 daf LF.
Had yellow warning lights for “adblue dosing malfunction” and “emissions failure”
Advised by boss to ignore and crack on so did.
Stopped at services for break, started up and now it’s flashing red, “engine malfunction” and “STOP!” and speed limited to 12mph.
Adblue is full and regent button does nothing.
Any advice for a quick fix?
Unlikely but gonna be here a few hours waiting for replacement truck so worth a try.
Cheers

Matches

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

idrive:
Hi,

standard boss type reply…

idrive:
Hi,
Out in a 2015 daf LF.
Had yellow warning lights for “adblue dosing malfunction” and “emissions failure”
Stopped at services for break, started up and now it’s flashing red, “engine malfunction” and “STOP!” and speed limited to 12mph.
Unlikely but gonna be here a few hours waiting for replacement truck so worth a try.
Cheers

Another Boss who knows Zb all about dash warnings :imp: and now its bitten him in the rear as he’s got to arrange breakdown recovery and replacement truck so you can complete your run :unamused:
And I bet you were in or near depot when fault first showed ?

He’s the boss, do as he asks you to do with in reason, as long as it doesn’t harm you or any fluffy wuffy bunnies, than carry on, when it goes wrong down to him.

I’m paid by the hour, and in no rush :sunglasses:

You covered your arse by phoning the boss and put the ball in his court

Now days there is such a thing as a quick fix ,and as you have experienced ,if a emission fault is ignored then the derate kicks in …And just clearing the fault won’t help as when it kicks back in it will go straight back to the derate it was previously at…The system is constantly monitoring itself

When you say Boss, do you mean your planning ■■■■■ or the bloke who bought the lorry? Sometimes it is not that “he who pays the piper is calling the tune”

Sounds like a job for DAFaid.

My 63 reg used do similar every few months used get message add blue dosage error. Then when I stop restart it went off.
And every so.often used get in to start it up and wont. Start says error stop. Used leave it 5 mins then it would start.
Daf connected it to diagnostics couldn’t find a reason why was showing now fault.
Had it in workshop couple days couldt work out why.

Was like this for about a year. Drove ok . Truck then went back anyway as was on lease .

Daf did say
Ad blue dosage comes up if doing local.drop stop start pallet line stuff. Engine needs a good blast up a motorway at times to clear the system out.
When I said don’t do stop start always up down the motorway long disnace stuff. Which totally confused him

To be fair to the TM, it had the same yellow warning last week and he put it straight into the lease company workshop. They cleared the fault and said it’s fine, so it’s down to them. Tonights the first time I’ve driven it.
Also, as we know DAFs are famous for random yellows that disappear never to be seen again.

DAF aid are here now plugging her in…

idrive:
Hi,
Out in a 2015 daf LF.
Cheers

If your boss said that he’s a tw*t. I suspect the Adblue had been allowed to drop too low before some bright spark refuelled it. Basically someone at your end has been a lazy git and the motor is buggered for a bit.

Had this the other week with a MAN going to Inverness. Got out of Bellshill and just died on me down to about 30mph. Decided at Ballieston she’s gubbed and limped back to Ryder at Newhouse and got an Axxor (■■■■■■ then an Actros instead. And it was exactly that problem.

DAF man reckons it’s a faulty adblue module whatever that is. Could get us going, checking for parts…

Definitely lease company’s fault, they said it’s ok to drive.
My boss on this job is a good boss. Only a small firm, no pointy shoes in sight.

Just glad we are at the services and not the side of the road

If manufactures had to give a lifetime warranty on adblue systems I bet they would make em bomb proof

edd1974:
My 63 reg used do similar every few months used get message add blue dosage error. Then when I stop restart it went off.
And every so.often used get in to start it up and wont. Start says error stop. Used leave it 5 mins then it would start.
Daf connected it to diagnostics couldn’t find a reason why was showing now fault.
Had it in workshop couple days couldt work out why.

Was like this for about a year. Drove ok . Truck then went back anyway as was on lease .

Daf did say
Ad blue dosage comes up if doing local.drop stop start pallet line stuff. Engine needs a good blast up a motorway at times to clear the system out.
When I said don’t do stop start always up down the motorway long disnace stuff. Which totally confused him

I think the dealer didnt really understand the system…A 63 plate would be Euro 5 ,so there shouldnt have been a problem sorting as 99% of all faults are known

We used to have the warnings come up regularly and the boss at the hire/lease company would always say ignore it . Until one broke down in Spain.
He didn’t like the huge bill for recovery , repairs and a weeks hotel rooms for two drivers while they waited for parts .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It ended up costing the hire company £1500 to get us going again, plus the bill my co will send them for wages etc, 2 people x 6 hours.

Brilliant DAF aid guy got it sorted and said yes it was caused by poor maintenance and previous warnings being cleared and ignored.