Eddie Stobart F1 2019 Driver

indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=8a2 … qff2tko800 what do you recon to this guys? no salary advertised? and sounds like they want you to do everything apart from race the cars. id take 2% of lewis hamiltons earnings sounds fare?

AnotherDriver:
https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=8a21a189b6c4f477&from=rje&rgtk=1ct837qff2tko800 what do you recon to this guys? no salary advertised? and sounds like they want you to do everything apart from race the cars. id take 2% of lewis hamiltons earnings sounds fare?

My mate done one season and loved it.

If it’s such a great job why do they need to advertise for drivers ■■ …

Always said I will never work for stobart as long as I’ve got a hole in my **** but this would probably make me reconsider if I was after an interesting job. Only thing that would worry me would be being thrown into ‘general population’ when there aren’t any events going on.

raymundo:

Does make you wonder why out of all the thousands (?) of drivers they’ve got they haven’t got enough internally throwing themselves at it.

nomiS36:
Always said I will never work for stobart as long as I’ve got a hole in my **** but this would probably make me reconsider if I was after an interesting job. Only thing that would worry me would be being thrown into ‘general population’ when there aren’t any events going on.

Afaik it’s advertised internally first, so presently employed drivers are prioritised.

nomiS36:

They are on general haulage once the European race season is over, been seeing the F1 trucks pulling curtainsiders round where I work in the last few weeks.

Bit too in the public eye for me.
I’d like to be able to pick my nose and act myself without cameras everywhere…
I

nomiS36:

raymundo:

Does make you wonder why out of all the thousands (?) of drivers they’ve got they haven’t got enough internally throwing themselves at it.

It probably doesn’t suit many of their drivers, for a start being away, so that rules out those who don’t want nights out or those that don’t want to work weekends, plenty of drivers don’t want to go abroad and there is actually a lot of graft, not just pitch up drop the trailer and job done, which also probably doesn’t suit a lot of drivers, I was at the set-up for the early season testing at Barcelona at the stat of the year, saw the Mercedes crew not only wash the trucks, but also polish them from top to bottom, the guys who do the Pirelli trucks also work as tyre fitters, not only for F1 but F2 and GP3, that’s not easy work in an awning fitting tyres in European summer temperatures.

adam277:
Bit too in the public eye for me.
I’d like to be able to pick my nose and act myself without cameras everywhere…
I

It’s unlikely you’d be on telly, I believe they very much behind the scenes, start long before the cameras start broadcasting to set-up and working long after the race has finished packing down.

Bit like doing what I did years ago when working for a travelling fairground, arrive at the site and slog yer guts out setting up the ride then a wee bit of normality while ripping off the punters for a day or so then a mad rush to pull down and go go to the next place … female type perks were good though !! :slight_smile: (just spent 3 minutes trying to delete a full stop only to find it were a speck of ■■■ ash on the screen … :unamused: )

nomiS36:

raymundo:

They might want some experienced people on the job.

How they get and keep contracts is beyond me, must be the price, because the amount of damage they cause is quite impressive.

Saying that, they did have brand new cz reg’d units this year on williams ans the fia trailers. Not sure id want them after they’d been tramp’d in.

The company that I last worked for did lots of work for DHL Motorsport, the other major player in Motorsport logistics and also air racing and powerboat racing .
It’s NOT glamorous work , it’s hard work with lots of pressure and during the season it’s a lot of time away from home .
The money isn’t great if working for stobies or DHL .
It is basically glorified exhibition work .
I enjoyed the bits that I did but those that want freedom and individual decision making will hate it . It is all about corporate image so those that aren’t into looking smart and having a clean truck will struggle.
In your down time you will not be free to roam the circuits as your pass will only allow you into specific areas .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

AnotherDriver:
https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=8a21a189b6c4f477&from=rje&rgtk=1ct837qff2tko800 what do you recon to this guys? no salary advertised? and sounds like they want you to do everything apart from race the cars. id take 2% of lewis hamiltons earnings sounds fare?

Bit late for the 2019 season !!

robthedog:

AnotherDriver:

Why?

the maoster:

robthedog:

AnotherDriver:

Why?

PROBABLY BECAUSE ITS OVER

robthedog:

the maoster:

robthedog:

AnotherDriver:

Why?

Erm are you sure?

Also double manning on back to back races, three in 2019.
Luckily the British race is not back to back next year, as that is a long slog, which requires driver swaps as well.

robthedog:

the maoster:

robthedog:

AnotherDriver:

Why?

In that case could you please let me know who won the 2019 F1 championship, the 2019 FA cup final, who won the 2019 European cup final 'cos I’m heading down to the bookies quick sharp. No need to shout btw, I heard you the first time. :wink:

grumpyken52:
In your down time you will not be free to roam the circuits as your pass will only allow you into specific areas .

Bit harsh, my lot gave us ‘staff’ wrist bands and lanyards so we could go where we liked within reason. When setting up I have had a good look around the pits/media/track area and we can go to the track on race day if we want. So far after two seasons I have only seen Spa on race day as we have to be waiting in our trucks on the track from 1pm because once the race ends the lorries do a dance depending on who needs to get out first.

I don’t have any interest in F1, I just like the places I get to stay once the work is done like Budapest, Milan etc