M23 roadworks near Gatwick last night

I drive this section of road every second night and have been waiting for carnange at the Gatwick turn ( southbound ) Mini cabs going at 30 mph in the middle lane , speed freaks in the outside lane all trying to get over at the last minute . Well i have seen many close calls but last night took the ■■■■ big time . A private hire driver ( who had missed the turn for gatwick ) trying to reverse in the 2 lane section without a care in the world as trucks slam on the brakes ( me included ) and try & avoid the idiot !! less than two miles to the crawley turn where he can double back but no !!! he risks his passengers lives not to mention everyone else on the road !!! not a bloody clue what he thought he was doing but mark my words before this " smart motorway " is finished people will perish !!! Drive safe folks H

No excuse…

For that kind of suicide manoeuvre whatsoever. You can bet that they were running late for a plane and once the muppet realised he’d missed the turn (how the ■■■■ can you miss the Gatwick Airport sign?), he’s decided that backing up was going to give him a better chance of getting to the drop-off on time.

I drive up the 23 every day and it’s chaos, it’s the same amount of lanes but it seems to confuse people, the worse ones are the ■■■■■■■■■ that speed then slam the brakes on as they go past an average speed camera.