Most ridiculous phrase on a vehicle?

I seen a lorry with the following on it a week or so ago.
“Going the extra mile”
Got me thinking that would be a long way to have to push a pump truck back to where ever the delivery point was after they stopped!!!
Can any one (be bothered) to think of anything as silly■■?

Seen a “the only way is DAF” strapline on a DAF the other day :unamused:

Left hand driver.

Never late in a V8.

Or them crappy Dutch stripes above the doors, they look absolutely ■■■■!

‘‘Living the dream’’… :unamused:
What?, driving a ■■■■ truck? Living the dream…seriously?
Not my idea whatsoever of ‘‘living the dream’’
I can think of much better dreams.

“ain’t much if it ain’t Dutch” on a xf.
“three steps to heaven” on a volvo.
“Trans-store-logistics” on them green one’s.

robroy:
‘‘Living the dream’’… :unamused:
What?, driving a [zb] truck? Living the dream…seriously?
Not my idea whatsoever of ‘‘living the dream’’
I can think of much better dreams.

Funny you should say about this one Rob as i had a truck pass me earlier on M5 saying this apart from it was ‘Livin the dream’ so obviously all hip and down with the kids unless they forgot to add the G :laughing: :laughing:

This

you_never_learn_to_swear_until_bumper_sticker-r349469b614994f06b13face498a71cc4_v9wht_8byvr_307.jpg

On a Renault. Ok, so it’s accurate not ridiculous but it made me chortle.

Suedehead:
Left hand driver.

A foreigner came into our place this week and on the back of the trailer it had
‘caution driver left’

Anything with the word solutions written on the side.

Anything in inverted commas.

Does anyone here have any signwriting experience? I ask because it seems half of them can’t spell!

Saw something like “480hp & one donkey” on the back of iirc a DAF.

Drivers wanted

Drempels:

Does anyone here have any signwriting experience? I ask because it seems half of them can’t spell!

It’s a dying/dead trade now drempels, all just typed into a computer…

Many many moons ago I trained as a traditional signwriter. Mahl stick and brush, snapping chalk lines etc

Must still be one or two around painting truck signs the old fashioned way but it’s a very rare sight these days.

Perhaps you could emulate this guy, but work at truck parks instead, doubt anyone would even notice :smiley: google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele … uated/amp/

idrive:

Drempels:

It’s a dying/dead trade now drempels, all just typed into a computer…

Many many moons ago I trained as a traditional signwriter. Mahl stick and brush, snapping chalk lines etc

Must still be one or two around painting truck signs the old fashioned way but it’s a very rare sight these days.

Perhaps you could emulate this guy, but work at truck parks instead, doubt anyone would even notice :smiley: google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele … uated/amp/

Another trade on the growing list of dumbed-down occupations :frowning: Bloody shame.

The article is brilliant, love the bit about him “wincing at the misnomer” :laughing:

Drivers wanted.

Top rates paid.

Logistics
The word that seemed to bring the end of the transport industry as we knew it.

No tools allowed in this vehicle

The best one I ever saw was a few years ago. In huge letters on the back doors it said “logistics without limits” and at the bottom “this vehicle is limited to 56”