Co-op Newhouse

Co-Op Newhouse are looking for Class1 dayshift drivers salary £34,850. If anyone is looking for a permanent gig. Not a bad salary for the west of Scotland.

Not enough for the misery at that place.

Agree with Steve O…

Horrible place for 3rd party… No, make that 3rd CLASS!!! :imp: Delivery drivers! :imp:

mjallby:
Co-Op Newhouse are looking for Class1 dayshift drivers salary £34,850. If anyone is looking for a permanent gig. Not a bad salary for the west of Scotland.

I make more than that mon-fri and i work just outside glasgow.

Have looked at that with the Nottinghamshire one which supposedly was paying similar. But job is seriously backbreaking work and stupidly early starts.

Also is the job a proper one or agency?

mjallby:

34 grand that’s not much for supermarket work [emoji23]

SouthEastCashew:

mjallby:

34 grand that’s not much for supermarket work [emoji23]

What should supermarket work be making then?

That’s a 48 hour week. Good kit, jobs pretty easy, only 3 or 4 drops average.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Am I in the wrong job■■? I work 5 nights a week, guaranteed 50 hours pay and don’t earn that. I don’t understand why people are moaning I’d snap their hand off at that money :blush:

woody2808:
Am I in the wrong job■■? I work 5 nights a week, guaranteed 50 hours pay and don’t earn that. I don’t understand why people are moaning I’d snap their hand off at that money :blush:

ASDA boys would laugh at 34 grand a year [emoji23]

SouthEastCashew:

woody2808:

… doubt it.

SouthEastCashew:

woody2808:

And the 3 or 4 drops a day shoving cages off a tail lift :laughing: 1 store a day with a second if money grabbing overtime is plenty. Oh yeah someone taking it off with a forklift or dock leveller helps too :wink: :smiley:

34k not a good wage for day work no nights out? Some people talk some ■■■■ on here.

ALDI are one of if not THE highest payer out of the supermarkets and they pay £16 per hour for nights, 174 hours per month (40 per week) and that’s about 33k for nights.

So tell me again, how is 34k nearly 35k not good for days?

DickyNick:
34k not a good wage for day work no nights out? Some people talk some [zb] on here.

ALDI are one of if not THE highest payer out of the supermarkets and they pay £16 per hour for nights, 174 hours per month (40 per week) and that’s about 33k for nights.

Tell me sir have you worked for the big supermarket companies?

I classify 35K as exceptional money for days or nights and I’m in East Midlands which isn’t supposed to be the worst paying by a long time.

I do know one place that pays above that but it’s a genuine deadmans shoes company (drivers and office) but not supermarket, although didnt know when i was working agency for £10/hour doing exactly the same job. :frowning:

Not sure what a dock leveller is but i assume its something on the trailer.

What’s the secret of getting into ASDA? If they really pay 35K then I’m classified as on Romainian levels of pay in comparison. Oh and who do we need to make disappear to prove loyalty to “the asda family” before getting the job. :wink:

SouthEastCashew:

DickyNick:
34k not a good wage for day work no nights out? Some people talk some [zb] on here.

Tell me sir have you worked for the big supermarket companies?

No because the money rumours have never turned out to be true when I’ve gone for the job.

ASDA Rochdale was £11 per hour guaranteed 40 hours last time they advertised.

ALDI about £12 per hour days £16 per hour nights at Bolton

Co op St. Helens about 11-12 per hour days

No Tesco in area, nearest Stobart Widnes on Stobart pay

Couldn’t say for Morrison’s gadbrook.

Non of the above are 35k. Aldi nights is nearest at 33k.

So how is 35k not good for a no nights out job that’s permanent not agency?

I work for the CO-OP so I’ll give you some of my experiences.

Thing to be noted with CO-OP is it’s very rarely supermarket work this was my biggest misconception CO-OP is not a supermarket! I got given this blag when I started with the trainer going on about how they have more stores then Tesco etc… 95% of their stores are tiny little shops similar to costcutter or NISA. ( Think CO-OP owns NISA now and is trying to get costcutter as well!)
So if the thought of taking a 27/35ft trailer to them type of stores is a put off be warned. I might do one actual delivery to a supermarket sized store a week. Also I have yet to pull a 44ft trailer with the CO-OP because only a few stores are actually big enough to need them.
Trucks are a mix of old and new. Oldest is 60 plate with the newest being 18 plate. All trucks with 60 to 63 plate are manual 4 over 4 anything older then that are auto. I’d say 40% of the fleet is manual with 60% being auto.
Also if you join as a artic C+E driver you don’t get a choice in what you drive they can put you in a 44ft trailer or a 14t rigid, I’d say it’s about 30% rigids 70% artic driving as a C+E driver for me anyway. The worst truck they have is a 26T rigid with like a 12FT overhang it’s like driving a boat on the road.

Unloading in my experience is always done by the driver I have never sat in the cab while being unloaded. I can also only think of one store in which I can just reverse up to and not use the tail-lift.
Some stores are on hills so you have to reverse onto a chock on one-side so your trailer is even for unloading.
You have to take as many empty cages as you delivered.
Some stores are tip and turn which means you have to wait for them to empty the cages so you can take them back.
Some of the stores you can’t get close to so you have to push 300 kilo + cages upwards of 100 yards at times on uneven pavement or up/downhill.
Generally speaking it’s not job and knock if you get back early they will find something else for you to do so no real incentive in getting back early but you can’t take the ■■■■ as they monitor you and check it during debrief.
They really love cruise control! They have microlise so if you don’t use CC a lot you will get marked down although I’ve yet to be pulled for my lack of CC same with harsh breaking etc etc…
You also have to work weekends it’s why the pay is decent I think you get 1 weekend off a month or something like that.

Also pay is 4 weekly.

You work for every penny. I see them doing my local shop and they never get parked anywhere near it. Pushing cages up and down the high street. No thanks!
I have noticed co-op drivers seem to be the most courteous on the road. I don’t think I’ve ever passed one who hasn’t flashed me in and when I’m charging down the A9 they’re always quick to drop into a lay-by to let faster traffic go.

The Co-op has gone to [emoji90] these days. As said above its all microlise and micromanagement. I’ve been in an out their places for years. One of the first wagons I drove after getting my class 2 was their 6 wheelers and the very first artic I drove was one of their rear steers.
Was such a different place even when I first started out. We could even swap our loads around and even with each other at times.
We would get our lines and get there when we got there (within reason). Then it was Mon-Fri and weekends overtime. Its went all corporate these days…and in such a short time.
The Co-op is a “clean” job, everything’s done for you these days right down to topping up your oil.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk