confident

DfT on gov.uk says:

From 29 March 2019, if there is no EU exit deal, EU and EEA countries may not recognise UK issued community licences.

In those circumstances, the government is confident that it would be able to negotiate new or reinstate old bilateral agreements with EU countries to provide haulage access.

If the EU stopped recognising UK licences, it would sting the EU a ■■■■ sight more when the UK then also declines to acknowledge EU licences

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Optimum:
DfT on gov.uk says:

From 29 March 2019, if there is no EU exit deal, EU and EEA countries may not recognise UK issued community licences.

Which translates as if we don’t kow tow to every EU demand meaning remain in all but name the EU will impose draconian sanctions which it doesn’t even apply in the case of rogue states like Iran.

stuwozere1:
If the EU stopped recognising UK licences, it would sting the EU a ■■■■ sight more when the UK then also declines to acknowledge EU licences

^^^^^^^^
My thoughts exactly

madmackem:

stuwozere1:

^^^^^^^^
My thoughts exactly

But do you think our lilly livered lot would have the balls to do that ■■?

raymundo:

madmackem:

stuwozere1:

^^^^^^^^
My thoughts exactly

But do you think our lilly livered lot would have the balls to do that ■■?

The fact that we are at present ruled by anti nation state Federal European quislings won’t be fixed by allowing them to sabotage the process and then saying let’s stay and thereby giving them what they want.

Optimum:
DfT on gov.uk says:

Hy
In those circumstances, the government is confident that it would be able to negotiate new or reinstate old bilateral agreements with EU countries to provide haulage access.

I think the key words here are “may not” which doesn’t mean they will, just it might happen in a worst case scenario.
The biggest problem at the moment is not having clear answers, if we knew we were going back to bi-lateral agreements, we could plan for it, but so far all we get with these DFT Brexit emails with this or that might happen, “but we are confident we’ll get a negotiated settlement.” Something that you seem to have forgotten to include in your email.

In fact from what I’ve read, heard etc, the other EU countries are desperate to continue to have easy trading conditions with us, they don’t want trade disrupted with the economic issues that creates, especially as the EU has other internal issues to deal with, which could plunge the Eurozone into crisis again, problems with Hungary not towing the line and if recent polls are enything to go by the continued rise of “populist parties” with some recent polls showing that Le Pens party overtaking Macron’s party proving worrying with European parliamentary election not too far away.

muckles:

Optimum:
DfT on gov.uk says:

Hy

I think the key words here are “may not” which doesn’t mean they will, just it might happen in a worst case scenario.
The biggest problem at the moment is not having clear answers, if we knew we were going back to bi-lateral agreements, we could plan for it, but so far all we get with these DFT Brexit emails with this or that might happen, “but we are confident we’ll get a negotiated settlement.” Something that you seem to have forgotten to include in your email.

In fact from what I’ve read, heard etc, the other EU countries are desperate to continue to have easy trading conditions with us, they don’t want trade disrupted with the economic issues that creates, especially as the EU has other internal issues to deal with, which could plunge the Eurozone into crisis again, problems with Hungary not towing the line and if recent polls are enything to go by the continued rise of “populist parties” with some recent polls showing that Le Pens party overtaking Macron’s party proving worrying with European parliamentary election not too far away.

I couldn’t agree more muckles.

These ‘scare’ stories are cropping up constantly.
Deal or No Deal, business rules the roost, so anything which seriously disrupts international business will be stamped on firmly.
It won’t matter which side of the channel the business is based. If they import to us or we export to them, business leaders will be putting pressure on all administrations to ensure that there is minimum disruption come exit day. Things will change, so some disruption is inevitable as everyone uses the new systems for the first time. But I think licences and similar EU wide, widely used documentation, will be the least of our worries.

I don’t have a crystal ball, I can’t see into the future, neither can anyone else. So any written article which starts with - this is going to happen after brexit - is automatically suspect.