My mate this morning

something went wrong under unit… propshaft ripped air pipes etc…
He is ok, that’s the main thing…

Lucky he managed to park it the right way up. Did he let customer services know he’s running late?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

New pair of boxer shorts please!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Not even any time to counter steer !

See. I spotted that. I AM TNUK CSI.

Where did it happen?

Just goes to show that anything can happen, if that had been in the roadworks on the M6 during most of the day it would have been a very different story. Good job no-one was tailgating as they usually do. Glad the drivers OK

toowise:
Just goes to show that anything can happen, if that had been in the roadworks on the M6 during most of the day it would have been a very different story. Good job no-one was tailgating as they usually do. Glad the drivers OK

Funny you should say that, coming down m6 earlier and n/b side is a scania pulling a fridge trailer over lane 2/3 and stopped, the cab was pushed back and front smashed in where i assume he had been travelling too close. No other lorry to be seen tho :laughing:

I saw one of Vernon Lands rigids taking a nap in a ditch on the A19/A168 SB yesterday near Yarm, I suspect he made a good job of it as it was a fair way off the road

From experience a broken prop shaft flailing around underneath is bleedin scary.

peirre:
I saw one of Vernon Lands rigids taking a nap in a ditch on the A19/A168 SB yesterday near Yarm, I suspect he made a good job of it as it was a fair way off the road

May be taking a shortcut? As the crow flies?

peirre:

I went passed and seen it in the ditch and I must say 10 out of 10

Scania used to throw props if you didn’t grease them, not heard about Volvo

Sealed for life bearings in the UJs on Volvo now Malc, in my experience “life” is around 3yrs, I’ve changed all of them on mine as a precaution after one failed spectacularly, the driver noticed a vibration and upon inspection he noticed the problem, he was no more than half an hour away from a workshop, so off he trundled, he pulled into their yard, unhooked and went over the pit, they removed the prop by hand! Another few miles up the road and that would have been a big drama.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

DickyNick:
Where did it happen?

M6 s/b J34-33