Moving to Fraserburgh

Hi all I passed my class one in may this year and have been in employment since June with a company in Yorkshire, my gf has moved back to where she’s from which is Fraserburgh and she’s asked me to go live up there with her, I was just wondering if anybody could tell me of any companies in that area that do accept new drivers, I’ve spoken with craib and they said they’d be happy to speak with me when I move but they are 45 miles from where she lives, which if it comes to it I will do but I’d love something close, any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

try james killoch of fraserburgh, asco peterhead, bb christorpheson of peterhead, strachens peterhead, lunar peterhead, i would say your best chance is with the aberdeen firms like craib, colin lawson. good luck

scotstrucker:
try james killoch of fraserburgh, asco peterhead, bb christorpheson of peterhead, strachens peterhead, lunar peterhead, i would say your best chance is with the aberdeen firms like craib, colin lawson. good luck

Thank you very much mate

Moving to Fraserburgh, it really must be love…

Go via Gretna and make it all legal.

chaversdad:
Moving to Fraserburgh, it really must be love…

Haha it carn’t be worse than Bradford can it.

What type of work you after?
Tippers, flats, curtainsider or fridges( I know, not an exhaustive list but narrows it down a bit) and you after days/ nights/ tramping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnifred1:
What type of work you after?
Tippers, flats, curtainsider or fridges( I know, not an exhaustive list but narrows it down a bit) and you after days/ nights/ tramping?

Thanks for your reply, the work I do now is fridge work and a little bit of curtainsiders, that’s all I have experience in but I’m willing to do any type really, and just day or night work not tramping

Tommyb6_6:
they are 45 miles from where she lives

There are no motorways up there. 45 miles is a hell of a trip to work. Even if youre tramping and its only once there and once back every week its still a hell of a journey

That’s true about a 45 mile commute. When I’ve been in the area there is plenty of haulage in Fraserburgh though and it’s not like your a brand new driver, you’ve got a bit of exerperience behind you so you should be able to get something on your door step. Just depends if your going tramping or not? You will find it easier to get a job tramping than if your looking for days/local or nights

get a few episodes of hb fash under your belt then by the time you get a start,you will understand what all the teuchters are slabbering about and save yoursle some embarrassment by not havint to ask what theyre meaning.
youtube.com/watch?v=C1an2G8 … jjJFDBmskF

Yeh I no what you mean, my current job is a 43 mile commute that I hate, on the car park that is the m62 as well, I only do 4 on 4 off tho so it’s not too bad.

dieseldog999:
get a few episodes of hb fash under your belt then by the time you get a start,you will understand what all the teuchters are slabbering about and save yoursle some embarrassment by not havint to ask what theyre meaning.

I’ve been with her for 9 years mate and still don’t have a clue what she’s saying to me

So for fridge/ curtainsider work in the area, try Killoh, Real McKay( Buckie/ Peterhead)
Harbour Haulage( Peterhead) or if you want to broaden your skill set, Asco/ Petersons in Peterhead doing oil work with a flat( both are super focussed on HSE, suits some, not all!)
Peterhead only 15 or so miles away and Aberdeen is an hour, which realistically isn’t the end of the world and would give you greater scope( ARR Craib, etc etc)
Good luck!

Ok I’ll make some enquires thank you very much for your help

Be aware that its a bitterly cold place with winds coming down from Greenland and In from the North Sea, also the language barrier as well. Look up Doric on the webby thing and get some practice in.

The-Snowman:

Tommyb6_6:
they are 45 miles from where she lives

There are no motorways up there. 45 miles is a hell of a trip to work. Even if youre tramping and its only once there and once back every week its still a hell of a journey

Are you for real, 45miles once a week a big commute! I do 30 e/w every day and work with some who commute Fraserburgh -Abz every day.
For the OP try www.jj-c.co.uk for tipper work, in Ellon so 15 miles closer than Aberdeen

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

aww cmon min were no at bad bit jist incase he gets stuck he could hae a read of this media.scotslanguage.com/library/ … ionary.pdf

my biggest fear in moving to Scotland would be " Nicola Sturgeon " :imp:

elsa Lad:
my biggest fear in moving to Scotland would be " Nicola Sturgeon " :imp:

aye - so much worse than May & Westminster :unamused: