Actros mp4

Hi any body know where I can get a top bunk for a 67 plate mp4 other than mercedes ■■

Thanks

Try commercial vehicle breakers like Walsh and dearden at Darwen or snows at Bristol , they won’t be cheap tho , I wanted one for when I had an Daf XF can’t remember how much now but it was a fair few quid . The actros I’ve got now aint got a top bunk either and it’s a flaming pain in the arse

There’s an easier solution matches and gallon of 4star :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

taz1972:
Hi any body know where I can get a top bunk for a 67 plate mp4 other than mercedes ■■

Thanks

I’ve also been looking for one for ages.
Apparentlly they are only fitted standard in the Gigaspace
model, so second hand ones are a bit ‘rocking horse’.
If you do find a yard with a couple in, give me a shout. :smiley:

Is it for extra storage?

If so would these be suitable, not cheap, but then it appears neither is a second-hand bunk.

I’ve seen some dealers put them in second-hand Renault T ranges, as a fleet spec one doesn’t normally come with a top bunk either.

Be interesting to find out how much merc do actually supply them for :open_mouth:

When ordered them as a option fitted online it was about £800but we add another unit early this year and they forgot to for second bunk online, so dealer had one fitted before they delivered it to us and it was £1100 if we had to pay, hope this helps this was in a bigspace cab

Nice to know ■■■■ Turpin is alive and well :laughing:

Thanks for all the reply’s I will keep on looking

robroy:

taz1972:

Thanks

I’ve found a guy on eBay new £621

taz1972:

robroy:

taz1972:

Thanks

:open_mouth: Seems a bit steep does that mate (by about 571 quid I reckon tbh )
I’m assuming it’s your own truck is it?

robroy:

taz1972:

robroy:

taz1972:

Thanks

:open_mouth: Seems a bit steep does that mate (by about 571 quid I reckon tbh )
I’m assuming it’s your own truck is it?

No not my truck and won’t be getting one till I can find one a lot cheaper

taz1972:

Thanks

Buy n fit a hammock to your outside mirrors, another option :laughing:

If its for storage buy a sheet of marine ply, a roll of carpet, and a tin of spray glue.

Will save you over 500 sheets atleast.

Concretejim:
If its for storage buy a sheet of marine ply, a roll of carpet, and a tin of spray glue.

Not for storage for the wife to sleep in

taz1972:

Concretejim:

Even better you can save money on the roll of carpet and glue. :laughing:

PS. I’m sure your wife is lovely and and worth a proper bunk and no offence is intended. :slight_smile:

muckles:

taz1972:

Concretejim:

Even better you can save money on the roll of carpet and glue. :laughing:

PS. I’m sure your wife is lovely and and worth a proper bunk and no offence is intended. :slight_smile:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

My Mrs is also fancying a run out with me (only if my inverter will carry her hair straightners, dryer etc :unamused: :smiley: )
I was looking at one of these.

Apparentlly they fit into the top of the windows :open_mouth: (which would be fun if you forgot about it and opened the window a crack through night :laughing: ) but I reckon you could maybe fix it up above the bottom bunk somehow with a bit of ingenuity.
Your Mrs could be the ‘guinea pig’ and road test it…so let me know if it works. :smiley:

robroy:
My Mrs is also fancying a run out with me (only if my inverter will carry her hair straightners, dryer etc :unamused: :smiley: )
I was looking at one of these.

Apparentlly they fit into the top of the windows :open_mouth: (which would be fun if you forgot about it and opened the window a crack through night :laughing: ) but I reckon you could maybe fix it up above the bottom bunk somehow with a bit of ingenuity.
Your Mrs could be the ‘guinea pig’ and road test it…so let me know if it works. :smiley:

Some how I no that won’t work as it will be in there and her in the bed :grimacing:

If yer just…

Bunking down fer a few nights out with yer missus, go top and tail in the bottom bunk. Or stop being a tightwad and get a hotel room for the two of you.