Fortnightly driving clarification

The driving limits per week and per fortnight are based on set weeks 00:00 Mon to 23:59 Sun, OK. However with fortnightly driving limits I am just seeking clarification that it is based on completed weeks.

E.g. Week 1 Driving 44h 25min

Week 2 Driving 45h 32min therefore fortnightly is 89h 57min. So far so good.

Now we’ll assume the driver is doing Mon - Fri in week 1, Mon - Sat in week 2 and Mon - Fri Week 3.

When it comes to assessing fortnightly driving is it only completed weeks that count i.e Week 1 and 2 when calculating driving in week 3 on say the Monday of Week 3?

Option 1 - The driver has completed 89h 57min of fortnightly driving. OK legal (just!). Now if on Monday Week 1 he had done 9h 15 min driving can he drive over 9h 18 min on Monday week 3

Option 2 Or can he not because within the fortnight he would have exceeded 90 hours by the end of Monday week 3 over the previous calendar fortnight?

I think it is option 1 as I believe it is only completed weeks that count but just checking. The same logic also applies to WTD.

It’s a rolling fortnight. So in week 3 he’s down to 44hrs 28 mins drive for the week . Also in these days of the modern tacho a quick glance on the display will tell you what drive you have left. Also what reduced breaks etc remain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superscaniaV8:
It’s a rolling fortnight. So in week 3 he’s down to 44hrs 28 mins drive for the week . Also in these days of the modern tacho a quick glance on the display will tell you what drive you have left. Also what reduced breaks etc remain

Yes I get that bit it is the daily limits I was seeking clarification on within that rolling fortnight. In other words do you have to be constantly looking at your daily limits to ensure you are always within the 90 hours or is it only (as we both agree) by the end of the week that the fortnightly time comes into play.

driving limits are daily + weekly + 2 weekly

Weekly or fixed week means sunday midnight to sunday midnight

2 weekly means any two fixed weeks added together

2 weekly does not mean a rolling 14 days for example wed of week 1 to tue of week 2

ROG:
driving limits are daily + weekly + 2 weekly

Weekly or fixed week means sunday midnight to sunday midnight

2 weekly means any two fixed weeks added together

2 weekly does not mean a rolling 14 days for example wed of week 1 to tue of week 2

yes sorry should’ve made the point the rolling week always runs from midnight Sunday

As said a week runs from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday, the fortnightly driving limit runs from 00:00 every Monday to 24:00 on the second Sunday.

In other words, in any week you could say that the fortnightly driving limit always started at 00:00 Monday of last week and ends at 24:00 Sunday of the current week.

If in week 1 you do 44 hours driving and in week 2 you do 46 hours driving then from 00:00 Monday of week 3 you will have 44 hours driving available until 24:00 Sunday midnight of week 3.

…and as seen here, if it was a rolling fortnight (any day), you could do 114 hours driving in 13 days:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112918

Don’t confuse daily driving and daily duty. Driving has a fixed week regardless of rest, whereas duty time is dynamic, meaning you can do 6x15 hr shifts between Monday and Sunday if you have a 24hr rest period on Thursday. But you can only do 2x10 hr drives in the fixed week, so if you did them on Monday and Tuesday, you can’t do them again until the following Monday despite your weekly rest period