Hayfever hazards

I don’t think I have ever sneezed to a point of being out of control, but I don’t suffer hayfever, so perhaps its possible.

bristolpost.co.uk/news/loca … ng-2205777

I think that’s a bit harsh, nobody was hurt and the lorry and coach were insured.

I realise it could have been much worse but jail for what all intents and purpose was a medical incident and maybe low sun.

Wheel Nut:
I realise it could have been much worse but jail for what all intents and purpose was a medical incident and maybe low sun.

Id say "sudden and unexpected medical incident" may be a relevant circumstance. It doesnt seem to be the case here.

"Judge Cullum said Porter had plenty of time to have pulled over until the sneezing stopped but he did not do so. The reason why he did not pull in must be either “pride or arrogance” because there was no other explanation, he said.
“You were driving effectively blind,” he said. “You could not see what you were doing - you didn’t have control of your vehicle.
“You were an accident waiting to happen.””

remember a warcup bulker hitting bridge on A64, sure driver said he lost control due to a sneezing fit, and dont think any further action was taken, he was lucky to get out of it…

Sounds like a bull story to me.

42 times he veered into the hard shoulder in 25 mins for up to 36 secs at a time.

No one can have that bad a sneezing fit even with hay-fever, even if they could if prolonged then you would stop pretty soon until It was over.

We have all had sneezes whilst driving and sometimes a few sneezes and it’s impossible to concentrate on driving when you can’t see even briefly.

If you have a sneezing fit especially a prolonged one then you would stop you just would not carry on regardless.