How Highway Authorities work against driving large vehicles

ezydriver:

RIPPER:
Yup, totally agree with your observations.
Also, having driven a left ■■■■■■ over here for a number of years, what is it with the angling of the top of a slip road onto a roundabout so you can’t see whats coming around the roundabout.
Most are ok and can be dealt with by your position on approach, and the addition of a fresnel lens in the O/S window can also help, but…
some are diabolical and you have no chance of seeing what’s coming without hanging back a car length or two, but this can also be impossible due to foliage to your right and then there is the worry of BMW/MERC/AUDI man on your nearside of the cab who is about 3 inches from you :imp:

Worst of the lot are those who come round into view doing about 60mph, you’ve no chance

Lost count of the number of times i have just gone for it and held my breath, had a few blasts of the horn and hand shandys from Mr/Mrs Ignorant

There’s a few service areas that are like that when you’re in a RIGHT hand drive! When you pull off the HGV pumps you have to give way to whatever’s coming from your left, but the way the road’s angled you can’t see what’s coming from your left. I can’t remember which services it is.

Getting out of the truck park at Gateway (nee Scratchwood) is like that. The exit of the car park is angled poorly and even though they should give way they never do