Urgent: Mark Hinckley HGV driver

If anyone knows a Mark Hinckley from the Barnsley area, he left his wallet,his cards and 20 quid in the toilets at moto Brich services, I found it approx 6.40am and handed it in. Don’t know if he was working but I could see a CPC card sticking out behind his licence so I thought I would give this site a shot.
Hopefully my good deed will mean that the T25 camper I’m on my way to view will finally be the one. :grimacing:

His address is on the licence. Drop it home for him?

Look for him on Facebook maybe? You’ve got a picture of him to go by.

Drop it in the cop shop and they’ll make no effort to contact him, last resort!

And good look with the camper.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Just bought my new…

T25 camper.

It’s mint! Wotta bargain!

Chillidoritos:
His address is on the licence. Drop it home for him?

Look for him on Facebook maybe? You’ve got a picture of him to go by.

Drop it in the cop shop and they’ll make no effort to contact him, last resort!

And good look with the camper.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Going other way, North Yorkshire mate, they put it in a safe and wait for a call. No call then the chap thinks they post it, was just bothered about his licence and cpc card, he’ll probaly cancel the money cards when he realises.

yourhavingalarf:
Just bought my new…

T25 camper.

:imp:

Spent 13 months looking, so many with issues beyond what’s advertised it’s unreal.
Got a healthy budget and now, with time on my hands I’m going to look more towards the tired ones that families have used but grown out of, something they have looked after mechanically as it carries the family, then I can rip out the insides and the wiring etc and give it a new interior maybe.
Trouble is, the price of the best ones has gone through the roof, even then,I went to look at one that was 11k, nice paint, nice interior, underneath however was bad in all the points you don’t want it to be.
My mate was looking for one for ages and suffered the same fate, its hard to find a really good one. He gave up due to changing jobs to a Tuesday-Saturday shift.
I’m looking on mobile.de and seriously considering flying out and driving back with one, maybe line a few up to see over a week. They seem much better, if a little more expensive in Europe as the day van/weekend camper van “scene” is much healthier and broader, mobile homes and campers are a big thing.

If his licence is there get his address. And d try the old fashioned way.
Use bt.com enter his details see if he’s in the phone book and give him a call.

It’s how we coped before the internet lol

If that fails just post it to.him

edd1974:

I know what you mean, however I leave myself open to accusations if I do that myself. Now this driver might be a diamond of a lad, however, nothing to stop him accusing me of all sorts should I just post it back.
Better I leave it with the business where I found it, it’s sad I know but society has gone so far down hill that trust is coming to be a thing of the past, as for Facebook, no thanks, in my opinion it’s up there with twitter as a cesspit of sociopaths…

edd1974:

You answer your landline? The only reason I have one is because of Sky, it rarely rings and gets ignored if it does. Couldn’t even tell you my number tbh.

the maoster:

edd1974:

You answer your landline? The only reason I have one is because of Sky, it rarely rings and gets ignored if it does. Couldn’t even tell you my number tbh.

yep…never answer my landline ever…

I have mine plugged in to an answering machine with the ringer switched off and just let the robots speak to each other

I use the answer machine to screen unknown numbers. If they leave a message I’ll listen & then decide if it merits a response, if no message not that important.

Norfolkinclue1:
as for Facebook, no thanks, in my opinion it’s up there with twitter as a cesspit of sociopaths…

LMFAO!..

Best description of it yet!

thanks for handing it in marks going for tomorrow they have locked it away

Norfolkinclue1:

edd1974:

I know what you mean, however I leave myself open to accusations if I do that myself. Now this driver might be a diamond of a lad, however, nothing to stop him accusing me of all sorts should I just post it back.
Better I leave it with the business where I found it, it’s sad I know but society has gone so far down hill that trust is coming to be a thing of the past, as for Facebook, no thanks, in my opinion it’s up there with twitter as a cesspit of sociopaths…

Eh? If you had simply posted it on to the address on the licence (with a note saying where it was found if you like), that would have been the end of it. Yes, he could have claimed there was money etc missing, but unless you’ve actually written your name and address on said note, how are these accusations going to be made against you? Seems to me that leaving it with the business where it was found leaves you in exactly the same position (albeit with a significantly lower chance of the wallet and contents actually finding its way back to its owner).

the maoster:

edd1974:

I only had to make my monthly payments cheaper. I havent even got a phone to plug into it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Norfolkinclue1:

edd1974:

Eh? If you had simply posted it on to the address on the licence (with a note saying where it was found if you like), that would have been the end of it. Yes, he could have claimed there was money etc missing, but unless you’ve actually written your name and address on said note, how are these accusations going to be made against you? Seems to me that leaving it with the business where it was found leaves you in exactly the same position (albeit with a significantly lower chance of the wallet and contents actually finding its way back to its owner).

I get what you’re saying mate, but, he lost it at services, if he realises and try’s to trace his steps in his mind and works it out he would call moto, they have it, he gets it. My point about posting it, or using social media is that by doing that I get involved, and I don’t want to, I have no need to. I’m happy to post on here with the details as he is clearly a driver so it might help. It’s been put in a safe, I’ve posted on here to help and that’s my bit done, I didn’t leave any of my details with moto so I am anonymous.

michaeloxley:
thanks for handing it in marks going for tomorrow they have locked it away

Chuffed mate, no problem. It wasn’t the cash or money cards I was bothered about, it was the pain of having to get replacement work cards and working without them. :grimacing:

Norfolkinclue1:

yourhavingalarf:
Just bought my new…

T25 camper.

:imp:

Spent 13 months looking, so many with issues beyond what’s advertised it’s unreal.
Got a healthy budget and now, with time on my hands I’m going to look more towards the tired ones that families have used but grown out of, something they have looked after mechanically as it carries the family, then I can rip out the insides and the wiring etc and give it a new interior maybe.
Trouble is, the price of the best ones has gone through the roof, even then,I went to look at one that was 11k, nice paint, nice interior, underneath however was bad in all the points you don’t want it to be.
My mate was looking for one for ages and suffered the same fate, its hard to find a really good one. He gave up due to changing jobs to a Tuesday-Saturday shift.
I’m looking on mobile.de and seriously considering flying out and driving back with one, maybe line a few up to see over a week. They seem much better, if a little more expensive in Europe as the day van/weekend camper van “scene” is much healthier and broader, mobile homes and campers are a big thing.

So, today’s visit…

Interior was tired, no problem and it was clearly used by the family that owned it but was set up with split charge and hook up etc so a refit would have been ok.
However their version of “a bit of seam rash” was way off, it was everywhere, the roof channels were almost see through and there was clear evidence of some amateur body repairs on the passenger lower door that lead me to find some serious rust issues at the bottom of the frame and step.
Was a shame as it was mechanically sound and the mot history showed they kept on top of things, it just looked like it was at the point of needing a full strip down to the shell to make it viable and the price they wanted was way off that…
Went home, no camper again. :cry:

Found a digi tacho card @ Watford Gap south(by the ATM) in the garage once.

Put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it.

Simple.

Who needs the power of the ■■■■■■■ internet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckerjimbo:
Found a digi tacho card @ Watford Gap south(by the ATM) in the garage once.

Put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it.

Simple.

Who needs the power of the [zb] internet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wouldn’t work with a current digi tacho card…