Disciplinary at work

A few weeks ago I was reported to my company by some bloke in a van who (allegedly) has dashcam footage of me speeding down Windy Hill. He’s told my employers that unless they do something about it he’s going to put it on social media :unamused:
I had an ‘investigation’ meeting with our driver trainer a week last Tuesday and received a letter stating that I was required to stay behind on Friday morning (the one just gone, 2 days ago) for the actual disciplinary which was to take place at 0730 (I work nights). I actually finished at 0615 and then waited and waited and waited and finally at 0800 when the boss hadn’t turned up I told them I wasn’t prepared to wait any longer and went home. I went to work on Friday evening to find a letter re-scheduling the meeting for the same time next Friday, with a reason of unforeseen circumstances for the missed meeting last Friday. I’ve since found out that he just forgot and he admitted that to the night office manager. My question now is do I have any recourse on him not turning up, i.e. should the disciplinary now be null and void or am I clutching at straws. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks chaps. (sorry for the long winded post)

This is just a collection of onanists, from the ■■■■ in the van to the spineless gonshite of a manager.

How is he going to prove to van man what he’s done?

How is doing anything going to stop him posting it anyway? Woooh, social media #Scary.

The fact he forgot about it suggests he doesn’t care that much anyway. If right was right, the prick in the van would be being investigated for some form of blackmail.

Are you in a union?

This is where we are at now, no one even knows what a spine looks like any longer…The humans in the UK need a War, it would focus their minds to what is actually of any importance, we are full of our own fat and self importance, a harvest is long overdue.

My personal record for over speeding down windy hill is 68 mph before I bottled it and slowed her down.

I doubt your boss is really that bothered anyway if he forgot about it.

The White van man is just a ■■■■ with nothing better to do. Unless you were doing crazy speeds like 90 plus I really wouldn’t worry about it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

woody2808:
A few weeks ago I was reported to my company by some bloke in a van who (allegedly) has dashcam footage of me speeding down Windy Hill. He’s told my employers that unless they do something about it he’s going to put it on social media :unamused:
I had an ‘investigation’ meeting with our driver trainer a week last Tuesday and received a letter stating that I was required to stay behind on Friday morning (the one just gone, 2 days ago) for the actual disciplinary which was to take place at 0730 (I work nights). I actually finished at 0615 and then waited and waited and waited and finally at 0800 when the boss hadn’t turned up I told them I wasn’t prepared to wait any longer and went home. I went to work on Friday evening to find a letter re-scheduling the meeting for the same time next Friday, with a reason of unforeseen circumstances for the missed meeting last Friday. I’ve since found out that he just forgot and he admitted that to the night office manager. My question now is do I have any recourse on him not turning up, i.e. should the disciplinary now be null and void or am I clutching at straws. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks chaps. (sorry for the long winded post)

If it was me mate I wouldn’t give a flying Donald about the disciplinary, or the sht piece who recorded you, …and especially the social media dog ■■■■ threat. :unamused:
Has the prick with the camera got a speeed detector fitted?
No, thought not, so how can he ascertain your speed.
Come back with ‘You were 1k below the max limit’’ , prove otherwise or threaten to sue the prick for Deformation of character.
As for disciplinaries,.I tend not to take them seriously, the only time I did with my lot was when I knew I was totally in the wrong, so I took it on the chin, (ooerr Mrs :laughing: )
As for owt less I don’t.play their stupid ■■■■ games…we aint schoolboys ffs. :unamused:, and too many drivers today are allowing themselves to be treated like this and are exacerbating the problem for the rest of us. :bulb:

More importantly why is your firm backing this busybody prick above one of their valued employees■■?..that is the first question I’d be asking. :bulb:

So he’s threatening to put a video up of a lorry going down a hill at 65mph, I can see your problem, I too would be embarrassed by that, I would contact the guy and ask if he would exaggerate your speed a little and add an Ice Road Truckers style voiceover making it sound a bit more death defying.

All this “you’re on camera” ■■■■■■■■ amuses me, it’s like people think a phone is a force field that’s going to protect them when they start waving it in your face.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Realistically you have no reason to get it voided due to his error, he would deny that’s the reason and only hearsay. Not showing up again would do though due to the time lapse.

I would be putting in in writing that you want the meeting in the evening so you can give a proper account. They should be at a “mutually convenient time” if your rep was only available in the evening that would help…

The way you describe it was there a note taker in the “investigation”? That’s first point. What are you being disciplined for? That should be clear.

This is one that I think the " I can’t remember" approach goes well (depending what you said before). Ask them to prove what they are accusing you of and why you should be there.

You want to see the video, it’s the evidence against you so they can’t refuse even if they have to edit the number plate out. Want proof of how accurately it’s calibrated.

You want to check date and time are accurate and it’s definitely you driving.

You also want copies of the notes of the meeting regardless if no action is taken

I have seen a letter that was sent between a woman car driver and a transport manager that raised a giggle.
Dear Sir
Your driver followed me down the A14 at speeds of up to 50mph. He overtook me on the dual carriageway and I want to know what you are going to do about it.
Dear Madam
We have spoken to the driver in question and terminated his employment.
Dear Sir.
I really didn’t want to cost a man his job, just wanted to point out the error of his ways.
Dear Madam
We note your concerns but we had other evidence of this driver dawdling and wasting time between our delivery points. [emoji12]

Wheel Nut:
I have seen a letter that was sent between a woman car driver and a transport manager that raised a giggle.
Dear Sir
Your driver followed me down the A14 at speeds of up to 50mph. He overtook me on the dual carriageway and I want to know what you are going to do about it.
Dear Madam
Dear Sir.
I really didn’t want to cost a man his job, just wanted to point out the error of his ways.
Dear Madam
We note your concerns but we had other evidence of this driver dawdling and wasting time between our delivery points. [emoji12]

Noooooooo!

Please no, tell me you’re joking. That one’s as old as the hills :neutral_face:

To answer the specific question asked by the OP, the answer is “No, the fact that the boss failed to turn up for the appointed meeting doesn’t invalidate the process and so the company can quite legitimately require your attendance at another time.”
Makes no difference whether there really were “unforeseen circumstances” or if he simply forgot.

Ignore all the “There’s no proof of your speed, the van driver has no calibrated speed detection equipment” guff - your employer has adequate proof from the speed trace of the tachograph. If your speed really was over what is legally permitted (and you weren’t being pursued by a homicidal maniac in a white van) then you don’t have much of a defence. I doubt very much your job is at risk, and I’d expect some sort of verbal or maybe written warning to be the outcome. Having said that, if your employer is really going down the discipline route just for a minor over-speed, do you really want to carry on working for him?

Drempels:

Wheel Nut:
Dear Sir
Dear Madam
Dear Sir.
Dear Madam

Noooooooo!

It was in the drivers room at LPG in Batley, next to the payphone [emoji12] (remember them?)

Wheel Nut:

Drempels:

Wheel Nut:
Dear Sir
Dear Madam
Dear Sir.
Dear Madam

Noooooooo!

It was in the drivers room at LPG in Batley, next to the payphone [emoji12] (remember them?)

Phew, thought you’d gone native! :laughing:

Firstly they owe you 1.75 hours overtime for waiting for the suit that failed to show, and there’ll be some more overtime next time right up till the minute this farce reaches its conclusion, assuming the bloody suit remembers to attend.

We all went faster than allowed years ago, but those days sadly have come to an end, between tachographs and trackers and other monitoring equipment they might have installed you really would be wise to keep it under 60 if you work for a company that runs straight, though where i work the overspeed will be triggered at about 58mph if its stays there for a few hundred yards.

I doubt there will be much done about this other than maybe a written warning.

As for the sad little ■■■■■■■■ who filmed you and now threatens the company with blackmail, just another worthless creep who unfortunately shares the air we breathe, hope his knob drops off.

woody2808:

Get a copy of your firms disiplinary procedure - you should have received one with the written notice of the investagatory meeting .
Find out what it takes to trigger a disiplinary - written letter signed by complainant / video evidence . If they havent got either in their posession then ask what grounds they are taking this forward on .
Hope you didnt beleive them if they told you the investagatory meeting was just a friendly chat - anything you said can and will be used against you - have you received a set of notes as to what was said at that meeting ? did you have the option of a union rep or a work collegue being present with you at that meeting ?
If they have evidence (video) then they need to give you a copy of it .

I couldn’t be arsed with it. Rollock me or sack me. Don’t waste my time with all this cobblers.

Unless you’re on £60k a year for 40 hours work.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Isn’t it lovely how this job has been reduced to all this schoolboy type ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:
In the old days you were given a bollocking off a bloke who was an ex.driver himself who told you to buck up your ideas and/or get yer finger out, or ■■■■ off, you’d say ‘‘Aye ok boss, card marked’’ and head back down the road, and it was all fogotten…job done.
Now you have to face some officious prick on 40k a year, who calls himself ‘‘A compliance Manager’’ (or some other ‘non job’ fancy title :unamused: ) and jump through hoops in his pretentious co’s ‘‘Disciplinary Procedure’’ …what a load of ■■■■ ■■■■■■■■, and all for 10 quid an hour. :unamused:
Is it just me or what??

woody2808:
I had an ‘investigation’ meeting with our driver trainer a week last Tuesday and received a letter stating that I was required to stay behind on Friday morning (the one just gone, 2 days ago) for the actual disciplinary which was to take place at 0730 (I work nights). I actually finished at 0615 and then waited and waited and waited and finally at 0800 when the boss hadn’t turned up I told them I wasn’t prepared to wait any longer and went home. I went to work on Friday evening to find a letter re-scheduling the meeting for the same time next Friday, with a reason of unforeseen circumstances for the missed meeting last Friday. I’ve since found out that he just forgot and he admitted that to the night office manager. My question now is do I have any recourse on him not turning up, i.e. should the disciplinary now be null and void or am I clutching at straws. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks chaps. (sorry for the long winded post)[/quote

In simple terms, NO, but you are entitled to representation by a union if your in one or it could just be a friend who should take notes and help etc.
This meeting should be held at a time convenient too both parties. If it’s after a nightshift as you state then you should say no, I’ll do it once my next shift begins. Play they’re game and make it at your own preferd time which suits you not them. Inconvenience them like their are trying to do too you.

woody2808:
He’s told my employers that unless they do something about it he’s going to put it on social media :unamused:

Eh…how do you know he won’t publish it anyway? What if he’s unsatisfied with the “something” your company does? Maybe he’s just looking for a way into the job :unamused: This sounds very blackmailey to me

Wheel Nut:

Drempels:

Wheel Nut:
Dear Sir
Dear Madam
Dear Sir.
Dear Madam

Noooooooo!

Sorry about this but the above has reminded me of a joke…

Jensen Button was walking through his local town the other day and he spotted an old dear trying to cross the road with her heavy shopping. Being a decent bloke he stops and asks her if he can see her across the busy road to which she replies “that’s very sweet of you, Jensen, but I’m in a bit of a hurry today”

Apologies for the thread hijack - please carry on…

Ask to see the evidence if he can`t produce any, walk out of any meeting,and tell them you want paying for your time