A75

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 1189545616

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nothing to see here. That was team work making the dream work.
Man on the overtake would have had some eyes leading the pack and relaying info back on the CB.
That music has been added to cover the CB chatter I would imagine.

Not a lot different to when I drove along that road in 1972/73. Maybe a bit wider in places but that’s about all, driving standards are about the same.

Thanks for the memories! :smiley:

Can’t see anything wrong, just boys getting on with the job, as the music says “keeping it lit” whoooosh.

The trucking god’s and hang’ em high brigade take their license away for ever, will no doubt be along.

What always puzzles me about seeing these drivers running flat out and taking risks is the outfits they’re running for.

I can understand it if it’s a firm, usually a fridge firm, where you can guess that the driver is going to be getting a bit of money under the table, but when you’ve got drivers trying that hard for the likes of big firms that pay a low hourly rate, it’s nuts.

The bosses must be laughing to be able to get drivers to work so hard for so little!

I work on the basis of money in = effort out. I don’t hang the job out, but I’m certainly not going to catch myself trying as hard as those lot either!

Way back when I trunked that road on nights, most drivers would indicate to let you pass if you were light enough to catch them and they would drop onto side lights so you could see approaching traffic a little earlier, have not been on the A75 for a while & looking at the video it must have changed a bit around the Gatehouse of Fleet area. Dave…

harrawaffa:
Man on the overtake would have had some eyes leading the pack and relaying info back on the CB.

+1
Normal night on the 75 - looks like the traffic off the midnight boat .
Places to be and things to do . Food for a starving nation and next day parcels to deliver - can’t let the customer down .

dave docwra:
Way back when I trunked that road on nights, most drivers would indicate to let you pass if you were light enough to catch them and they would drop onto side lights so you could see approaching traffic a little earlier, have not been on the A75 for a while & looking at the video it must have changed a bit around the Gatehouse of Fleet area. Dave…

I can remember when things like that happened, drivers allowing to let you go by, switching lights off, Ar the good ol’ days, now the plobbers swerve out as you overtake, try to accelerate as you pass, then post up some crap on “bad drivers.com” Or phone your company,

beefy4605:

harrawaffa:

+1
Places to be and things to do . Food for a starving nation and next day parcels to deliver - can’t let the customer down .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
thats sums it up nicely.
just a normal frolic on the 75 off the midnight boat.
someones up front shouting updates on the cb so the jobs a doddle and the 2 big cars will have been spotted and reported elsewhere so no greif from plod…
the slow ones will be doing 56 to put things into perspective.

waddy640:
Not a lot different to when I drove along that road in 1972/73. Maybe a bit wider in places but that’s about all, driving standards are about the same.

You are absolutely right, apart from bypasses for Gretna, Rigg, Eastriggs, Dornock, Annan, Carrutherstown, Collin, Dumfries, CD, Twynholm, Gatehouse, Creetown, Glenluce and Dunragit and numerous other improvements, there is hardly any difference.

slowlane:
What always puzzles me about seeing these drivers running flat out and taking risks is the outfits they’re running for.

I can understand it if it’s a firm, usually a fridge firm, where you can guess that the driver is going to be getting a bit of money under the table, but when you’ve got drivers trying that hard for the likes of big firms that pay a low hourly rate, it’s nuts.

The bosses must be laughing to be able to get drivers to work so hard for so little!

I work on the basis of money in = effort out. I don’t hang the job out, but I’m certainly not going to catch myself trying as hard as those lot either!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no offence mate but you really have no idea how it works.
either your on trip dosh which speaks for itself,
or,
your a subby o/d which also speaks for itself,
or,
your on a day rate.
the difference is that if you dont crack on then you cant get to point A in your first stint.
if you cant get to point A in your first stint,then you cant get to point B in your second stint.
that meant you need to take another break and miss the boat,miss your uninterrupted kip in your bed ect which in turn messes up your 9 hours break and also in turn your pickups,boat back across and so on and so forth.
if you crack on and your hooked up then you can easily make sandback or a tad further south in your first stint.
if you cant make lymm,then your not trying.
theres always the option of just hitting the " must make the boat " button if all else fails.
the bottom line is either you like the crack on type of work which in many ways is somewhat similar to the way it was up to 20 years ago for most,or you prefer to be a duddly doogood legal agency type paid from the neck down lemming.
theres some jobs that are a happy medium,but best to play the way that suits you best.
dont knock it till youve tried it. :smiley: :smiley:

memories ahhh……coming over the bridge intae creetown by the concrete works playing chicken now that was interesting, I knew my place and let the big dogs get on wae it…but it could all be stopped if they put up a couple o sets of speed cameras if the gov wanted.but the money made by pulling in a few every now and again is to big a pile to lose imo.

dieseldog999:

slowlane:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no offence mate but you really have no idea how it works.
either your on trip dosh which speaks for itself,
or,
your a subby o/d which also speaks for itself,
or,
your on a day rate.
the difference is that if you dont crack on then you cant get to point A in your first stint.
if you cant get to point A in your first stint,then you cant get to point B in your second stint.
that meant you need to take another break and miss the boat,miss your uninterrupted kip in your bed ect which in turn messes up your 9 hours break and also in turn your pickups,boat back across and so on and so forth.
if you crack on and your hooked up then you can easily make sandback or a tad further south in your first stint.
if you cant make lymm,then your not trying.
theres always the option of just hitting the " must make the boat " button if all else fails.
the bottom line is either you like the crack on type of work which in many ways is somewhat similar to the way it was up to 20 years ago for most,or you prefer to be a duddly doogood legal agency type paid from the neck down lemming.
theres some jobs that are a happy medium,but best to play the way that suits you best.
dont knock it till youve tried it. :smiley: :smiley:

I’m not the right character to try it! :laughing:

To be fair, I was mainly thinking about employed drivers who try that hard - that’s what I mean, I can’t see the incentive they’ve got. I get that if you’re earning under the table, it changes what you’re willing to push. I tend to start at about 0200-0300 and I get to see my fair share of regular drivers going this hard as well as the bandits.

I’m pretty by the book, but I’m not a road commander. I’ll happily do a lap of a roundabout here and there to let faster trucks past on A roads, indicate to the nearside if he’s sniffing around to pass and I think it’s doable. I’m in this for an easy life, and after my recent adventures with flatbeds, I’ve got a new appreciation of the easy life!

dieseldog999:

beefy4605:

harrawaffa:

+1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
thats sums it up nicely.
just a normal frolic on the 75 off the midnight boat.
someones up front shouting updates on the cb so the jobs a doddle and the 2 big cars will have been spotted and reported elsewhere so no greif from plod…

fair clipping a knot or two
just tried to put some numbers on to it, if they are the standard 9m centred white lines (which they will be) then in the opening 14 secs of the video he’s doing 62.1mph -
which is just under 56 knots … (so sort of in the spirit of the law)

[/quote]
fair clipping a knot or two
just tried to put some numbers on to it, if they are the standard 9m centred white lines (which they will be) then in the opening 14 secs of the video he’s doing 62.1mph -
which is just under 56 knots …
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
uphill,and loaded… :slight_smile:

And people wonder why trucks run into each other.

Tailgating, running on the wrong side of the road where there’s a solid line and filming it on a dashcam, and all cos the guy at the front is looking after you. Bet he’ll be more than happy to hold his hands up if it goes wrong

Not sure which is the more stupid, the driving or the fact someone filmed it and posted it online.

Going to end in tears either when one of the lead trucks has a problem and brakes unexpectedly, cos that never happens, or when plod, or one of the firms involved sees the footage and works out who the muppets are.

If that’s recent footage then would expect plod to be around there and drivers getting done

If you don’t want the nanny state to ■■■■ on your matches don’t show them where you are lighting them.

whyohwhy:

Tailgating, running on the wrong side of the road where there’s a solid line and filming it on a dashcam, and all cos the guy at the front is looking after you. Bet he’ll be more than happy to hold his hands up if it goes wrong

Not sure which is the more stupid, the driving or the fact someone filmed it and posted it online.

Going to end in tears either when one of the lead trucks has a problem and brakes unexpectedly, cos that never happens, or when plod, or one of the firms involved sees the footage and works out who the muppets are.

If that’s recent footage then would expect plod to be around there and drivers getting done

If you don’t want the nanny state to ■■■■ on your matches don’t show them where you are lighting them.

With the exception of filming this the driving behaviour was a regular event when I used that road in the early 70’s. It was not uncommon to see lorries in fields, up railway embankments and through gates. I recall one occasion when two lorries collided at Castle Douglas, nearside to nearside. They were both on the wrong side of the road prior to the collision.

waddy640:

whyohwhy:

With the exception of filming this the driving behaviour was a regular event when I used that road in the early 70’s. It was not uncommon to see lorries in fields, up railway embankments and through gates. I recall one occasion when two lorries collided at Castle Douglas, nearside to nearside. They were both on the wrong side of the road prior to the collision.

Lots of things happened in the 70’s that are not acceptable now, traffic levels were a lot less as well. This is still in my mind a prime example of why trucks are crashing every day, not necessarily on that road but the attitude of driving too close, a lack of respect for traffic laws, and all by so called professional drivers.

And then to cap it all someone felt it was worthy to show on facebreak

If a run can’t be done legally then it shouldn’t be done illegally as all that is doing is playing into the hands of the planners who will come up with even more ludicrous runs in the knowledge that drivers will risk their and others lives to achieve the impossible

apart from the roundabouts and the 2 villages,then the entire 97 miles of the A 75 can be done in excess of 60mph quite safely and easily.
if im not held back or horrendousy overloaded then it can be done from the boat to the moss in 1 hour 45 or 50 mins though its not so easy during the day.
the speed limit is 40mph. and as you all know the limiters are meant to be set max 56mph.
they wont raise the limit or install average speed cameras as its a constant revenue earner 24/7
if the road was dangerous then you wouldnt see everyone running flat out anyway.
theres lots of wages set on trip dosh,and masses of subbies hence the generous limiter settings or just running on the must make boat button engaged.
all the trucks are bottlenecked and bunched because the boats tip the lot off in 1 go and are held up behind the cars and slow runners except from the few overtaking lanes hence the interesting overtakes.
lots of regular traffic is on the cb and will quite happily rely on the bush shaker for info without issues whatsoever though to be fair anyone usug the road thats a newbie must sit getting overtaken kakking themselves being overtaken on blind bends and such.
no matter how many accidents there will be on the A 75 then there will be masses more on the motorways due to brain dead boredom sat on cc at 55 and mind numbing trunk runs and such.
the easy way to explain it is that ireland both north and south is 50 years behind the uk in many ways which is great or terrible depending on your outlook.
the cameradrie that is long gone in the uk still thrives amongs the truckies here to a great extent and long may it last.