Chip liners

Been asked to go on chipmakers next week but its something I dont really know much about. Anyone give any info on those please?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Load Bearing Curtains and no straps [emoji23]

After…

Peeling the potatoes, cut them into sections and then again into chips.

Deep fry for around 12 minutes, lift out the fryer for one minute and then deep fry again for a further minute to ensure a crisp golden finish!

yourhavingalarf:
After…

Peeling the potatoes, cut them into sections and then again into chips.

Deep fry for around 12 minutes, lift out the fryer for one minute and then deep fry again for a further minute to ensure a crisp golden finish!

I usually leave skins on… [emoji23]…should also cook at about 150° before turnung heat up to 190 so they’re nice n fluffy on inside and crispy on out side

Yeah i noticed that after I had posted

Wheel Nut:
Load Bearing Curtains and no straps [emoji23]

Curtains and no straps? Uh oh! [emoji57]

Fasten your curtains tight, shut your back doors, open the roof or connect the pipe, when it overflows, it’s off you jolly well go. You may have a Moffet Mounty on the back if its for Plevins

Wheel Nut:
Fasten your curtains tight, shut your back doors, open the roof or connect the pipe, when it overflows, it’s off you jolly well go. You may have a Moffet Mounty on the back if its for Plevins

Easy as that? What bout tipping?
Dont think I’ll have Moffat…hope not as not used one. Not Levins

EddieMD:

Wheel Nut:

Easy as that? What bout tipping?
Dont think I’ll have Moffat…hope not as not used one. Not Levins

*Plevins

My mate Harry sold Moffats to them

I have seen them empty them over the side with a manitou or a tractor, or use a big industrial vacuum / cyclone like emptying a ship

Wheel Nut:
My mate Harry sold Moffats to them

I have seen them empty them over the side with a manitou or a tractor, or use a big industrial vacuum / cyclone like emptying a ship

Pretty straight forward then?
Any specific PPE or the likes?

When I see them tipping the drivers open the curtains and get a nice chip / dust shower. The man in the front loader comes and pushes the chip out the side then driver jumps in with a brush and gets the leftovers.

harrawaffa:
When I see them tipping the drivers open the curtains and get a nice chip / dust shower. The man in the front loader comes and pushes the chip out the side then driver jumps in with a brush and gets the leftovers.

So might be worth investing in a boiler suit then and a change of footwear…

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

And a mask. Breathing chip dust ain’t good for you. You’ll be picking it out your nose all week.

harrawaffa:

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

And a mask. Breathing chip dust ain’t good for you. You’ll be picking it out your nose all week.

What kinda mask? Those paper ones or with filter?

It seems a lot of the work is swapping trailers, full one out, empty trailer in, Sutherland’s use to do that 50 years ago.

I don’t know whether anyone has invented a walking floor chipliner yet

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

Filter one like you see the crime scene folk wearing on the telly will be fine. We’re supplied with proper respirators but they’re not cheap I wouldn’t buy one with my own money.

Wheel Nut:
It seems a lot of the work is swapping trailers, full one out, empty trailer in, Sutherland’s use to do that 50 years ago.

I don’t know whether anyone has invented a walking floor chipliner yet

That would be ideal till I found my feet. I already asked about walkibg floors and told its not (would be new to me as well). Not entirely sure why I’m being thrown in but thats agencies for ya

harrawaffa:

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

EddieMD:

harrawaffa:

Filter one like you see the crime scene folk wearing on the telly will be fine. We’re supplied with proper respirators but they’re not cheap I wouldn’t buy one with my own money.

I have a mask in my ADR bag but would probably get new one and filters. Is it the same kind mask?

EddieMD:
I have a mask in my ADR bag but would probably get new one and filters. Is it the same kind mask?

Should be fine. Anything that stops you breathing it in directly.

Nice one…thank you guys