Tacho playing up in DAF?

Had this a few times now, usually get to a Thursday or Friday and notice my tacho head unit is displaying one more reduced rest taken than I’ve actually had.

Always check with the transport office as they get remote download and it shows correctly there but my tacho and truck dash start having a fit if I go over 13 hours even though I’ve got a reduced rest remaining.

Anyone else come across this?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Probably easiest way is do printouts for each day and see how many times its registering more than 13 hours working time and how many less than 11 hours rest.

As long as theres not more than 3 in total (combined) then it shouldn’t be registering a prob, but it’ll give a good debugging start and will give a clue.

Alternatively, stop doing yourself out of rest a.d tell the office the tacho says no, so you"ll have to stay in bed longer. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve done printouts and this is what it shows

Mon 0500-1716, 12:16 work, 11:01 rest
Tue 0417-1845, 14:28 work, 9:01 rest (reduced)
Wed 0346-1759, 14:13 work, 9:02 rest (reduced)
Thu 0301-1558, 12:57 work, 11:04 rest
Fri 0301-1700, 13:59 work (reduced rest)

My tacho started flashing around 1545 to tell me I needed a rest period whilst stuck on M25, nothing I could do about it and had checked with office last night when I first noticed so carried on to nearest truckstop. According to tacho head unit I’m over my hours but not according to printouts or the remote records in the office. Unless I’m missing something?

As for telling them to ram it and insist on more rest, I would if I felt I needed or wanted it. To be honest if I’m away from home I’d rather be earning to make it worthwhile.

Fortnightly drive yours ok? The only trouble I have had with my Car is that I don’t think it understands split rest.

colinr:
Fortnightly drive yours ok? The only trouble I have had with my Car is that I don’t think it understands split rest.

Not sure if I understand the question but if you mean is my fornightly drive/work time ok? Then yes as I spend a LOT of the time on POA within those shifts. Worked 6 days this past week and only had 46 hours combined work and drive time.

My car doesn’t understand any WTD or any other regulation so yours is doing ok if that’s all it struggles with [emoji1]

Sorry, I should have read it back before posting. Bloody predictive text changed Daf to Car. As I say the only thing I have found with mine is that it doesn’t understand split rest.