CPC clawback

Anyone any idea how much a company will take off your wage when you leave for too much CPC? Didnt even need the training but now looking at potentially one being taken off my final wage.

Do you have a contract of employment, it should be listed in there. It’ll vary a lot fro firm to firm.

albion:
Do you have a contract of employment, it should be listed in there. It’ll vary a lot fro firm to firm.

Should have a copy if i go hunting, thought it would be roughly similar throughout the country and conpanies.

Anoying as hell, with the company 1.5 years and did two CPC both in 2018.

Considering there’s a dcpc training session being held locally tomorrow and the company is charging £37 for the session (tea/coffee and uploading inc) , I think it could be argued that minimum deductions could be repaid

peirre:
Considering there’s a dcpc training session being held locally tomorrow and the company is charging £37 for the session (tea/coffee and uploading inc) , I think it could be argued that minimum deductions could be repaid

If it was aroubd £50 i wouldnt go nuts. Just thinking they may try and pump me for £100 or something like that.

Unless you’ve agreed to pay back if you leave they cannot legally stop the cost from your wages.

As has been said it all depends on what’s in your contract of employment or what you’ve agreed to.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
Unless you’ve agreed to pay back if you leave they cannot legally stop the cost from your wages.

As has been said it all depends on what’s in your contract of employment or what you’ve agreed to.

Sent from my mobile.

Thanks.

As expected my former company did a right number on me and ate up all my wages.

Holidays owed that werent owed and have gone back in under the next pay but emergency taxed.

2 days CPC that werent required and deducted £260 from my wages as clawback. Apparently the breakdown of this is £70 per day for the course and £60 per day from my wages for attending the course on the company time.

I could get 35 hours training for £250 not to mention the fact this was done on my scheduled days on anyway. Awaiting all signed forms regarding contract and CPC agreements to be sent to me before looking if incan take this further.

H4L:

Holidays owed that werent owed and have gone back in under the next pay but emergency taxed.

2 days CPC that werent required and deducted £260 from my wages as clawback. Apparently the breakdown of this is £70 per day for the course and £60 per day from my wages for attending the course on the company time.

I could get 35 hours training for £250 not to mention the fact this was done on my scheduled days on anyway. Awaiting all signed forms regarding contract and CPC agreements to be sent to me before looking if incan take this further.

If you were compelled by the employer to engage in training you didn’t need, rather than doing work useful to them, then it’s debateable what benefit you’ve gained from it. It certainly hasn’t enabled you to drive longer or saved you any qualification costs yourself.

Employers aren’t allowed to simply charge exit fees to employees just because it’s written in the contract - the courts tolerate charges to the extent it protects employers from free riding on significant up-front training investments which enhance the employee’s skills (and cause a poaching risk), not simply to allow them to shift operational costs to the employees or lock employees in and stifle competition.

Generally speaking, employers who invest in the workforce are repaid with loyalty. If you start with an employer who trains you up and treats you well, you don’t immediately leave your friends and colleagues and familiar faces, to go to the shark down the road for an extra 50p an hour.

On conservative arithmetic and their own figures, the averaged cost of the CPC to the employer (including your wages paid for the time) is a mere sixpence an hour. And the employer derives benefit from that in terms of enhancing their own productivity and achieving regulatory compliance and using the time to address firm-specific problems.

I’d argue as a gambit that the employer simply hasn’t delivered anything of significant value in this case, and that the charges are an illegitimate method of locking employees in (compared to the alternative of simply folding the cost into your wages in the first place, which would have resulted in no penalty if you left).

The training itself is a maintenance activity which is necessary periodically, and it has been a part of your terms and conditions that the employer has paid for it, and in exchange the employer gains the benefit of saying when and how it would be carried out.

They can’t, I would argue, take it back at the end, any more than they can charge you for the times when you used the toilet or looked in the bathroom mirror during your employment, even if the toilets and mirrors cost them thousands to install for workers’ use.

The cost of the course is also arguable. £50 a day is the going rate retail. It seems odd if it was costing an employer more for doing it in bulk.

Rjan:

H4L:

If you were compelled by the employer to engage in training you didn’t need, rather than doing work useful to them, then it’s debateable what benefit you’ve gained from it. It certainly hasn’t enabled you to drive longer or saved you any qualification costs yourself.

Employers aren’t allowed to simply charge exit fees to employees just because it’s written in the contract - the courts tolerate charges to the extent it protects employers from free riding on significant up-front training investments which enhance the employee’s skills (and cause a poaching risk), not simply to allow them to shift operational costs to the employees or lock employees in and stifle competition.

Generally speaking, employers who invest in the workforce are repaid with loyalty. If you start with an employer who trains you up and treats you well, you don’t immediately leave your friends and colleagues and familiar faces, to go to the shark down the road for an extra 50p an hour.

On conservative arithmetic and their own figures, the averaged cost of the CPC to the employer (including your wages paid for the time) is a mere sixpence an hour. And the employer derives benefit from that in terms of enhancing their own productivity and achieving regulatory compliance and using the time to address firm-specific problems.

I’d argue as a gambit that the employer simply hasn’t delivered anything of significant value in this case, and that the charges are an illegitimate method of locking employees in (compared to the alternative of simply folding the cost into your wages in the first place, which would have resulted in no penalty if you left).

The training itself is a maintenance activity which is necessary periodically, and it has been a part of your terms and conditions that the employer has paid for it, and in exchange the employer gains the benefit of saying when and how it would be carried out.

They can’t, I would argue, take it back at the end, any more than they can charge you for the times when you used the toilet or looked in the bathroom mirror during your employment, even if the toilets and mirrors cost them thousands to install for workers’ use.

The cost of the course is also arguable. £50 a day is the going rate retail. It seems odd if it was costing an employer more for doing it in bulk.

Cheers for that buddy, a few things to think of there.

stobart used to bill you £210 a day for cpc if you left,but this has now been stopped so i told.