Manager cpc in road haulage

Evening all
has anybody got any course material for cpc managers course from 2018? looking to start studying for this but wanted to try and self teach before i decide to take the plunge and book myself on one of them expensive courses. quick google brings up alot of stuff from £22 to a few hundred quid for course material alone!!
if anybody has any recommendations or any study material that is not needed anymore would be very helpful
cheers

Hi, I bought the coursework pack from the RHA when I did mine. It was £275 but covered everything and I did not book on a course, just did the exams and passed. A good idea for uou could be to donlwnload some past papers and answers from the OCR website. This will.give you a clue as to what is involved before you take the plunge and start paying out. Good luck.

I have an RHA complete CPC course for sale including DVD’S etc. Let me know if interested.

Sct1973:
Hi, I bought the coursework pack from the RHA when I did mine. It was £275 but covered everything and I did not book on a course, just did the exams and passed. A good idea for uou could be to donlwnload some past papers and answers from the OCR website. This will.give you a clue as to what is involved before you take the plunge and start paying out. Good luck.

thanks for the info Sct1973. how much time did you set aside to study the material before you went in for your exams?

steve the argonaut:
I have an RHA complete CPC course for sale including DVD’S etc. Let me know if interested.

pm me with details. thanks

Benar3

I sat with it at the dining table for 7 days before the exams. Top tip is to get some coloured highlighters and post it notes and colour code it in order of importance. Quite a few people do the exam refresher day the day before the exams. I knew I would work better on my own rather than get distracted on the full course. Good luck

Sct1973:
Benar3

I sat with it at the dining table for 7 days before the exams. Top tip is to get some coloured highlighters and post it notes and colour code it in order of importance. Quite a few people do the exam refresher day the day before the exams. I knew I would work better on my own rather than get distracted on the full course. Good luck

that is my idea although not over 7 days, probably more like 3 or 4 weeks. it is encouraging to hear that it can be done this way instead of spending over a grand and a week off work to do the course.
thanks for your advice really appreciated.

Whether or not its a better idea doing a course or home study depends entirely on how you learn best. Some people learn better by themselves, some learn better being taught in a group or in a class.

Conor:
Whether or not its a better idea doing a course or home study depends entirely on how you learn best. Some people learn better by themselves, some learn better being taught in a group or in a class.

yes i see what you are saying. i think home study would be better for me as i can take my time and concentrate on areas that i think i am lacking knowledge. for instance the law and business side of things, i do not think i would struggle with as i run my on business for 7 years.
thinking about it from a different point of view i am only risking the exam fee which is not much in the grand scheme of things. so if things proved to be too difficult and failed could always enroll on a full course with the benefit of already having experience of sitting the exam and the pressure that brings.
but like you say conor everyone has there on preference :smiley:

I have the ocrs rha notes with a ton of past papers that i no longer need.

Like conor says everyone studies differently so what works for one doesnt always work for another.

I took my notes with me everywhere and had lots of time to go through them multiple times.

Concretejim:
I have the ocrs rha notes with a ton of past papers that i no longer need.

Like conor says everyone studies differently so what works for one doesnt always work for another.

I took my notes with me everywhere and had lots of time to go through them multiple times.

hey Concretejim i would be very interested in them past papers if they are of no use to you anymore. had a google of ocr website and found a few on there, but not sure if they would different to the ones that you have
cheers