Final written warning

Just a query if you’ve had a final written warning and a get another disaplinary for a different matter to the first one. Does it gurrantee you the sack?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No.

They they can take no action or reissue the final.

Best not to get in the position to see what they choose

kcrussell25:
No.

Indeed, might not be possible though

IronEddie:

kcrussell25:
No.

To avoid?

Unfortunately if they want you out and you are on a final it’s very easy as there is no other option beyond reissue of the final.

Best option is to go in, hold hands up. Assuming it’s minor say am very sorry, won’t happen again etc and hope that they feel reasonable

kcrussell25:

IronEddie:

kcrussell25:
No.

To avoid?

Unfortunately if they want you out and you are on a final it’s very easy as there is no other option beyond reissue of the final.

Best option is to go in, hold hands up. Assuming it’s minor say am very sorry, won’t happen again etc and hope that they feel reasonable

Indeed. Thanks. It might not be anyway but might be and I’m just really wanted to know the score. Never been in this position before.

Depends on whether your face fits. If they want to keep you they will, if they want rid, they will.

Contact a Union rep for some advice. It may cost you a joining/ monthly membership fee (perhaps £10 a month) but it might save your job. You may not be eligible for any ‘legal representation’ for a few months depending on the Union but any advice should be free.

Magicmikew:
Contact a Union rep for some advice. It may cost you a joining/ monthly membership fee (perhaps £10 a month) but it might save your job. You may not be eligible for any ‘legal representation’ for a few months depending on the Union but any advice should be free.

Not a bad idea.

IronEddie:

Magicmikew:

Not a bad idea.

Be careful as a lot of unions won’t help with action that is already started when you join

kcrussell25:

IronEddie:

Magicmikew:

Not a bad idea.

Be careful as a lot of unions won’t help with action that is already started when you join

Which is fair enough but if they’d offer advice anyway. Been wondering if i should join one since i started driving. Though thats a different topic

IronEddie:

kcrussell25:

IronEddie:

Magicmikew:

Not a bad idea.

Which is fair enough but if they’d offer advice anyway. Been wondering if i should join one since i started driving. Though thats a different topic

That probably depends on how reasonable your rep is.

I know it’s too late for this but I would consider it for future.

Without posting any details you don’t want to is there anything you can argue in terms of you not being trained? All this paperwork companies get drivers to sign works both ways. If you don’t know because you haven’t been trained that’s their fault and not yours. Just gently reminding them of that can work wonders sometimes

kcrussell25:

IronEddie:

kcrussell25:

IronEddie:

Magicmikew:

Not a bad idea.

That probably depends on how reasonable your rep is.

I know it’s too late for this but I would consider it for future.

Without posting any details you don’t want to is there anything you can argue in terms of you not being trained? All this paperwork companies get drivers to sign works both ways. If you don’t know because you haven’t been trained that’s their fault and not yours. Just gently reminding them of that can work wonders sometimes

Sadly not. I got informed I’ve been caught speeding, not excessively mind, i should get offered the course. But i was told by an office bod the company disaplinerary for it just to protect their O licence. Already on final warning for something unrelated but yes could be a bit ■■■■■■.

Best of luck. Sounds like you could be stuck with that. Can’t think of anything else to suggest sorry

Eddie - you still working at If so getting out of that dump will be no bad thing for you.

It’s a slum company which treat drivers like dirt.

You are worth more than this. I think you should tell them to stick their job. I can’t PM you right now - but if you are stuck I have a few numbers which could get you well-paid work tomorrow if you want it.

IronEddie:
Just a query if you’ve had a final written warning and a get another disaplinary for a different matter to the first one. Does it gurrantee you the sack?

Your on a final written,suggests your an habitual offender.
Normal disciplinary procedure is a verbal,then a written and then a final written warning,it makes no difference what your your previous offences are for.
Warnings are for your conduct whilst at work,the very least I would think at this point is suspension,but be prepared for your P45

IronEddie:

As much as, yes. From experience, once an employer begins disciplinary action, it’s fair to say your days are numbered. Start looking.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lolipop:

IronEddie:

Your on a final written,suggests your an habitual offender.
Normal disciplinary procedure is a verbal,then a written and then a final written warning,it makes no difference what your your previous offences are for.
Warnings are for your conduct whilst at work,the very least I would think at this point is suspension,but be prepared for your P45

No 1st offence warranted straight to final. Which isn’t good in itself I guess.

Honestscott76:

IronEddie:

As much as, yes. From experience, once an employer begins disciplinary action, it’s fair to say your days are numbered. Start looking.

Yeah im wondering if i should be getting out before I’m pushed.

IronEddie:

Honestscott76:

IronEddie:

Yeah im wondering if i should be getting out before I’m pushed.

Book any remaining holiday’s now (two weeks notice for two weeks is reasonable). Go immediately on sick with ‘work related stress’ until your holiday leave date. Whilst on holiday leave, look for another job. On the last day of your holiday, hand your notice in. This should buy you ample time and cause maximum disruption.

I’m too old to listen to bollox like that. Done too much and seen too much to be treated like a child by a child.