Job offer on 7 week shift pattern help!

Could I ask you clever people to try and work out this shift pattern over 12 months so I can try and work out the yearly wage. It’s 17.98 ph and I would base it on a 10 hour shift.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You…

Need to charge yer phone up.

If that’s the same pattern every cycle, just work out how much you get per cycle. How many 7 week cycles are there in a year 52 ÷ 7 = 7ish. Easy. Make sure you come back and brag about how much it is when you’ve worked it out.

Nite Owl:
If that’s the same pattern every cycle, just work out how much you get per cycle. How many 7 week cycles are there in a year 52 ÷ 7 = 7ish. Easy. Make sure you come back and brag about how much it is when you’ve worked it out.

Haha, clever enough to be offered the job but not clever enough to work out the pay!!

yourhavingalarf:
You…

Need to charge yer phone up.

Then phone the company and ask them …

Id average it out,they are 4 day weeks ( the 5 day week makes up for the 3 day week)

40x17.98x52=37,398.40

My long forgotten maths worked it out at roughly 36200 a year. Is that on fuel by any chance?

From my experience in this driving lark there is only one reason you’d have a rota that has you working only a 4 day week…it’s because by the end of the 4th day your hours for the week are up,10 hour shifts won’t happen.

Jimjam81:
My long forgotten maths worked it out at roughly 36200 a year. Is that on fuel by any chance?

It is indeed!

Get an app called “my shift planner”

xichrisxi:
From my experience in this driving lark there is only one reason you’d have a rota that has you working only a 4 day week…it’s because by the end of the 4th day your hours for the week are up,10 hour shifts won’t happen.

Yep been in the game long enough to know that but on the night shift they are limited to 10 hrs so that’s a bonus!

Depends if they opt out like muller have.

m4rkj:

They haven’t opted out.

xichrisxi:

Working 4 weekends running. Struggling to sell this to the wife!!

paulant18:

m4rkj:

They haven’t opted out.

It must be different for you depot as ours has.

m4rkj:

paulant18:

m4rkj:

They haven’t opted out.

It must be different for you depot as ours has.

Sorry, I mean BP. haven’t. Muller have opted out.

paulant18:

xichrisxi:

Yes this would be a no from my point of view with a family etc
I once tried a Thursday to Monday shift pattern and it was a nightmare,
I didn’t realise how much I did on a weekend until then,
Also the days off were a bit pointless,great for shopping and appointments at bank etc but I was like a loner,all my mates were at work.
I still do the odd weekend shift as overtime but never will I give my weekend up like before.

yorkshire terrier:

paulant18:

xichrisxi:

Yes this would be a no from my point of view with a family etc
I once tried a Thursday to Monday shift pattern and it was a nightmare,
I didn’t realise how much I did on a weekend until then,
Also the days off were a bit pointless,great for shopping and appointments at bank etc but I was like a loner,all my mates were at work.
I still do the odd weekend shift as overtime but never will I give my weekend up like before.

Thanks mate, that’s a big help. I’ve been 16 years where I am now.

It’s a shame because I always fancied a crack on the fuel. At 53, maybe it’s come too late.

I’ll earn nearly 36k where I am, Sun to Thurs nights…and I can walk to work.

Paulant is that Muller at Droitwich your at?

Lewy:
Paulant is that Muller at Droitwich your at?

No mate, Manchester.