Volvo Trucks Worldwide Problem

In the press today (Commercial Motor)is a statement made by Volvo saying there are add blue and Nitrox problems with there engines throughout the world,I know many companies have had big bills for add blue issues with there trucks ,I wonder if anyone will get there money back?

I have just left a company, that were having issues with nox sensors on V4 FH models.

The local Volvo dealer said, and I quote, “You need to make sure that the trucks are filled up with Adblue to our own specification.”

How the hell do you do that, if your down the road and need a fill up?

Work that one out.

Ken.

I know of a large Essex haulier who will only fill his trucks adblue at Volvo dealerships no matter how inconvenient to avoid any arguments over “inferior Adblu “

They’re in…

Trouble if fleets that are running approved Volvo Ad-blu have engine problems.

This is a damage limitation excercise. Volvo will point out they recommend only Volvo approved lubricants and additives and hide behind that.

Ok, stupid question time. Surely advice is made to a minimum industry standard? Are Volvo expecting people to fill up with the Super unleaded equivalent of advice?

We’ve had 5 of our V4 get this problem, 2 new nox sensors £650, sorts the problem, Volvo just say it’s your adblue quality, no problems with fh13 tho,

So what extra additive do Volvo put in there adblue then.