Frugal Truckers!

I’ve just spent 20 mins giving the family shredder a “service”. Do it every time it starts to run slowly. It’s about eight years old and I’ve put all sorts of stuff through it, plastic film, bank cards etc, frankly I’ve abused it. However, it’s just kept on going with a few new fuses and some time spent cleaning the cutting heads with a pick. I will be sad when eats its last bit of conidential paperwork.

I’m looking for tips and advice that we can share with each other, whether at home or on the road. Whilst we’re told that wages have risen recently, in reality it’s the same for most of us day-to-day, in my experience.

Partly it’s about saving money but also it’s about using our time to “mend and make do” as our forebears did. The irony of people banging on about saving the world from mankind, whilst financing themselves to the eyeballs to buy new “green” cars and fill their houses with more and more meretricious crap isn’t lost on me…

Try…

mumsnet.com/

Will do, do you post on it much?

No…

I’ve never posted on it.

Oh

i did my bit recently and bought a pint tumbler so that me and my misses can both put our teeth in the same glass overnight and cut down on the steradent thus helping to save the planet,whales,trees and the enviroment in general… :neutral_face:

That’s the spirit! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Try…

mumsnet.com/

Some of the tips on there would make a Vicar blush

There you go.
You want frugal ?..edible undercrackers, save pounds !
When you run short of cash for grub at end of the week’s tramping and your feeling peckish, dig into yer washing bag …and enjoy. :sunglasses:

why am i thinking skiddies covered in 15 assorted bags of crisp and crackers being eaten out of this when you run out of pot noodles and pies. :open_mouth:

Drempels:
I’ve just spent 20 mins giving the family shredder a “service”. Do it every time it starts to run slowly. It’s about eight years old and I’ve put all sorts of stuff through it, plastic film, bank cards etc, frankly I’ve abused it. However, it’s just kept on going with a few new fuses and some time spent cleaning the cutting heads with a pick. I will be sad when eats its last bit of conidential paperwork.

I’m looking for tips and advice that we can share with each other, whether at home or on the road. Whilst we’re told that wages have risen recently, in reality it’s the same for most of us day-to-day, in my experience.

Partly it’s about saving money but also it’s about using our time to “mend and make do” as our forebears did. The irony of people banging on about saving the world from mankind, whilst financing themselves to the eyeballs to buy new “green” cars and fill their houses with more and more meretricious crap isn’t lost on me…

I pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the shredder occasionally (read it somewhere) and it works a treat.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Quality! I can’t leave it alone, in Malaga at the moment, searching desperately for dozy and AndrewG but no sign of either!

Drempels:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: Quality! I can’t leave it alone, in Malaga at the moment, searching desperately for dozy and AndrewG but no sign of either!

Fair dues man, not an easy mission I would suggest.

I would start in the Saudi consulate down ther but don’t enter on your own.

As a last resort try a truck stop perhaps■■?

Say your name is Milodion to get them talking but I feel Dieseldog could be good for some intelligence also.