Two lorries i am looking for

hi could anybody point me in the right direction.
i am looking for two lorries i used to drive one is a f88 the other is a f10 .
i have the reg numbers of both i think the f88 went to ireland .
i can find them on dvla but thats as far as it goes .
any suggestions please would be gratefuuly recieved thanks.

In my experience, the owners or enthusiasts clubs are a good place to start. Going to shows and autojumbles can also provide leads.

Be prepared for blind alleys and disappointment though, plus people’s memories fade…

There is a big oldtimer/youngtimer scene in NL and B, which is worth a bit of research for contacts and info.

There was an article quite recently (might have been in CM but not sure) about a bloke who had an F88/89 and an F10/12 restored and in a secret location somewhere, maybe somebody else here could point you to it, I can’t quite remember where I saw it. The guy might have info on others, it’s quite a small scene.

A word of warning, some people are odd would rather see a vehicle rust into the ground than sell it or even talk about it. I once found a genuine X-Pack RS2000 and pleaded with the owner to sell it to me. He eventually died, and it ended up in the frag…

Edited for clarity.

There are also various Facebook sites as well.

Ken.

Googling the registration is a start, especially in images

hi thanks for the info i will let you know how i get on thanks again.

Good luck with it mate

Do you know who was the supplying dealer of the trucks?
Was the Volvo a 290 16speed ?

Shame you still don’t have a set of keys for them, or do you??

Air start:
Shame you still don’t have a set of keys for them, or do you??

Why would you need keys for 1970s/80s vehicles?

I’ve still got the ignition key for an old motor I use to drive about 15 years ago, it was a 1998 6 wheel EC11 ERF ridgid with the rest cab, top motor pulled like a train, no room in it but still managed 4 nights out a week in it,
Don’t know what happened to it old firm gone now, still see the old private plate now and again on the old bosses wife’s land-rover discovery