Truck stops in Germany

youtube.com/watch?v=WAqeQW1Huuc

Seems to be just as bad over there…

22:17 when he starts recording; 23:30 still can’t find a free spot :frowning:

That’s a shame, they used to be brilliant places.

Side effect of the invasion of the flip flops. Back in the day, 20%+ of these trucks would have been German, and parked up overnight in the yard.

Services and motorway parking in much of Germany fill up fast much like many other places round Europe. I often have better luck with the Autohofs, especially as many now charge for parking, which is refunded in full if you buy a meal, but does put off those who don’t want to buy a meal or whose bosses don’t pay parking.
Did manage to park at one that didn’t charge at 2am on a trip back from Frankfurt last year, although that was in the car parking area, but nobody seemed to mind.

good vid.
another reason why the berlin wall should still be standing or at least have merkle buried beneath it.
i thought the vostapo link was interesting as you can see they just do the same as plod over here.
you dont need to translate,you can just do the voiceover yourself to understand the conversation.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbBfa0g0cfE

muckles:
Services and motorway parking in much of Germany fill up fast much like many other places round Europe. I often have better luck with the Autohofs, especially as many now charge for parking, which is refunded in full if you buy a meal, but does put off those who don’t want to buy a meal or whose bosses don’t pay parking.
Did manage to park at one that didn’t charge at 2am on a trip back from Frankfurt last year, although that was in the car parking area, but nobody seemed to mind.

Most bosses don‘t pay for parking.

If you park on an Autohof and pay something like 15€ than you put it against your tax. Also a meal voucher will be inculded, like you said.

You can put recipts for toilets and showers against tax too.

I found the free services get rammed from 4:30pm onwards. I tried parking near midnight once going through Austria and no kidding must have driven through 10 rest stops and two tiny autohofs to find a space.

Over there its perfectly fine to park on the entrance and exits roads to stop areas not like here where people like to get bent out of shape over it ie Cobham Services slip road.

I pulled into a layby area in germany one night to change the digi card over to the double man and as it was full just stopped at the end with hazards on, just swapped the cards and waiting for the ok to go sign, a knock on the door open up and a police man asked what is wrong why are you blocking the exit and just as I say changing cards double manned my partner in crime shouts tell him to f*** of and shut the door, straight away I could see the euro signs running into thousands, but with a smile the officer says just slowly pull onto the hard shoulder and be careful as you rejoin the carriageway, good night

Harry Monk:
Side effect of the invasion of the flip flops. Back in the day, 20%+ of these trucks would have been German, and parked up overnight in the yard.

Spot on…nuff said :frowning:

Happens in France too, parked in one the other night and you had people parking anywhere they could. Didn’t matter if they made it difficult to get out.