Quernhow gone

Went past Quernhow cafe yesterday, it’s been flattened.
I know it’s latter years it was crap, but prior to that 80s/90s it was one of the best imo.

Think it was on here a while back that some transport outfit had bought the site, or are they re.building the cafe?

Some reviews here…
viewtopic.php?t=66547

Quernhow site bought by Alfred Hymas some time ago , will be moving there within next couple of years.
We demolished it for them.
Jim
Ps good job I checked , autocorrect wanted to put Queer how !

robroy:
I know it’s latter years it was crap, but prior to that 80s/90s it was one of the best imo.

Think it was on here a while back that some transport outfit had bought the site, or are they re.building the cafe?

A bit off topic but I parked at the brown horse on the A68 tow law last night ,parked round the back free of charge had a meal ,could of parked over the road but didn’t .A Greggs in tow law too but they were shut at 2:30 am :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

A bit off topic but I parked at the brown horse on the A68 tow law last night ,parked round the back free of charge had a meal ,could of parked over the road but didn’t .A Greggs in tow law too but they were shut at 2:30 am :open_mouth:

Sounds ok…Room for an artic, and/or would they allow an artic to park there?

The land lady said they do get some lorries in ,I can get round in one so iam sure an artic will BUT there were no cars in at that point :unamused: ,I turned around on the Tarmac and reversed down on to the scalpings area .

robroy:

Where have you been hiding it been gone a good while now all flattened

Did you notice the new building “Heck” on the side with some trailer parked in that been there a while now too top part of the Quernhow site

animal:

robroy:

Where have you been hiding it been gone a good while now all flattened

Did you notice the new building “Heck” on the side with some trailer parked in that been there a while now too top part of the Quernhow site

Yeh I don’t get down that side very often nowadays mate, in fact I was in the car and just called into Leeming Bar Maccy d’s for a latte, and noticed it running down the old road, me and the Mrs.

I was just surprised to see it gone, I used to fill up a few years ago at the Shell station opposite (long gone) and take my life in my hands running across the A1 to it at that time. :laughing: