It fell over, whoops

A500 today from Twitter.

mabey the h&s inducted vosa procedure for looking for magnets.

Unless there,s been another incident,this happened yesterday,load of biscuits according to local radio.

i went by it just after 3 pm yesterday and it was on its wheels hooked up to a wrecker and they were putting the biscuits into a tipper with a loading shovel.
looks like they lifted the truck and left the load on the road.

xamtex:
i went by it just after 3 pm yesterday and it was on its wheels hooked up to a wrecker and they were putting the biscuits into a tipper with a loading shovel.
looks like they lifted the truck and left the load on the road.

Now if those biscuits were rather strapped thoroughly that wouldnt have happened. They’d all still be in situ on the bed of the truck :unamused:

i was watching that programme on telly about crouch recovery and it seems they tend to cut the curtain and lift the truck off the load for saftey and stability reasons sometimes?

Yes, it’s preferable to lift them empty. Particularly with a curtain sider. If the load suddenly moved due to the curtain giving way it can make the truck move in an “uncontrolled manner”

Yeah, you can’t strap wrapped general pallets in a curtainsider, even an XL, in such a way you can pull it back up with the load inside unless they’re bog rolls or something. It’s just nonsense put about by VOSA, and other assorted idiots incapable of genuinely assessing risk, to justify all their load security curtainsider weather protection ■■■■■■■■.

Always seems very wasteful though that once insurers have agreed to write off loads they’re tipped into a ro-ro skip with a loading shovel. If they had a trailer with a Moffett on and half a dozen pairs of hands you could probably clear it and salvage a lot of it in not much time difference

Driver went into hospital for surgery

hope he’s ok

was driving for them aswell yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk