Phoning in after a bridge strike

With all these threads about bridge strikes, it got me thinking.

What would you say when you make the phone call to the boss/tm?

Erm boss…I have a slight problem.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi boss… remember that sunroof I defected 3 months ago…? :laughing:

ere that bridge I was delivering has got stuck in the bank,

Just what’s app a picture . A picture paints a thousand words

Wasnt my fault boss, it came out of nowhere

Well boss, I was going down this road, and well you’ll never believe what happened next, a bloody great bridge fell on the trailer,.

Boss can you send out a mechanic I have a lack of power and the brakes seem to be stuck on

I was on a break when this bridge came at me from nowhere

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Hi Boss… Just ringing to tell you I’m handing my notice in, apparently I’m not cut out for this LGV driving lark as I failed to acknowledge the very first letter of the acronym… ‘LARGE’!.. I’ll also ring DVLA in the morning and tell them to remove my entitlement on medical grounds, specifically being a complete and utter braindead [zb]wit…

That should cover it.

You know that long diversion we have to take with trailer 10, well we don’t need to worry anymore!

biggriffin:
Well boss, I was going down this road, and well you’ll never believe what happened next, a bloody great bridge fell on the trailer,.

That Polish bloke on the M20 last year could genuinely say this after that chump hit a bridge going down the hard shoulder, bringing it down onto his trailer.

Well boss it was like this never been here before so just followed the sat nav

ezydriver:

biggriffin:

That Polish bloke on the M20 last year could genuinely say this after that chump hit a bridge going down the hard shoulder, bringing it down onto his trailer.

A very valid point me’lud.

Ring ring, ring ring,
“Numpty driver haulage, can I help you”
“Hi numpty boss, it’s numpty driver hear, I’ve hit a bridge”
“Is there any damage to the bridge numpty driver”
" no numpty boss"
“Carry on numpty driver. Bye”
Click

Sent from the world we live in

Have you got any blank P45 sheets boss?

I’ll fill one in when I get back then go on agency somewhere else that doesn’t know I’ve hit a bridge.

…So ‘job and Knock’ doesn’t mean that then??

Boss, do you have the phone number for that shelf stacking job at Asda? I want to find out of its true that it pays more than lorry driving.

Hi Boss, I can definitely say that they haven’t had bigger trailers down here, oh and trailer 24 is very streamline… bye

Remember when I asked you this morning if there were any low bridges on the route and you said you didn’t know? Well I’ve found out…

I heard you telling the TM last week you hated the double-decker trailer and wished you’d never bought it. Well guess what I’ve done for you

Have you ever heard the phrase "no such thing as bad publicity? Well…

I think the height indicator in the cab must be broken

I thought it would be ok. Trains dont run on a sunday