Ice Road Truckers.

I see series 10 starts tonight on Channel 5 at 8.00pm,will anybody watch it?

First couple of series was ok because it was something different but now its just same old thing so I wont be

No…

I did watch a few episodes several years back but, the format of ‘will Wild Bill Dorknuts get this load of urgent paper clips across the frozen river before it melts in three months time?’ became really boring really fast.

Accompanied with the music that made everything out to be a big deal, I gave up.

I’ve got some painting to do during the day so I’ll go and watch that dry :laughing: :laughing:

I keep wondering, when the green meanies will price the job down, and our own dozy will appear, worried weather the incoming blizzard will make him late home Friday. :smiley:

Will the truck break through the ice as we drive this 4x4 along side to film it?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Like Stobart trucks and trailers, it gets repetitive real quick and becomes the same thing over and over.

The-Snowman:
Like Stobart trucks and trailers, it gets repetitive real quick and becomes the same thing over and over.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the difference being you could stomache watching the first 2 series of ice truckies before it became a farce whereas stobatrs is just laughable from episode 1

The answer is no cos its ■■■■■ and no cos it’s 2 years old and only new to ch5.
Do keep up at the back…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They’ve managed 10 series of X bloke / woman who looks like he / she auditioned for ZZ Top drives a truck across a slightly snowy landscape with absolutely nothing to crash into and a narrator worrying about whether they’ll crash through ice that’s actually sitting ontop of a road…?

Also, either the companies running the trucks are absolutely raking it in and can thus afford a truck / load / driver going through the ice thus losing maybe £500K+, or the ice isn’t actually remotely going to break and they probably aren’t going to skid off the road and hit absolutely zip.

They need to make one about driving the M1 at night when it’s snowing cats & dogs on the limiter in a Tuffnells truck - now that’d be fun! :slight_smile:

Is it an old series ? Just new to channel 5 ?

trevHCS:
They’ve managed 10 series of X bloke / woman who looks like he / she auditioned for ZZ Top drives a truck across a slightly snowy landscape with absolutely nothing to crash into and a narrator worrying about whether they’ll crash through ice that’s actually sitting ontop of a road…?

Also, either the companies running the trucks are absolutely raking it in and can thus afford a truck / load / driver going through the ice thus losing maybe £500K+, or the ice isn’t actually remotely going to break and they probably aren’t going to skid off the road and hit absolutely zip.

They need to make one about driving the M1 at night when it’s snowing cats & dogs on the limiter in a Tuffnells truck - now that’d be fun! :slight_smile:

Will the C&D driver get rid of all 103 drops before 2pm?

They need to make one called The Gatehouse. Such a collection of cranks, oddballs and miseries, would be hard pushed to find anywhere else in society :laughing:

What a complete helmet that Art Burke fella is :neutral_face:

I would like to strangle him with his Wal Mart bandana.

Drempels:
They need to make one called The Gatehouse. Such a collection of cranks, oddballs and miseries, would be hard pushed to find anywhere else in society :laughing:

You know, I think you might be onto something there.

If Harold Pinter was still alive, you could sell him the idea.

Or remake this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Caretaker

As the RDC Drivers’ Waiting Room

This must of filmed a good while go.
Darrell passed away in the plane crash a good few years ago.

Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash: ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver Was 52. Darrell Ward, a featured driver on History’s Ice Road Truckers since 2012, has died in a plane crash near Missoula, MT.

Cheers Welly

I was flicking thru the TV channels earlier and noticed it was on but just kept on going …

yes,i’d love to watch them load up, drive across ice roads/lakes,deliver and come back,BORING BORING BORING,like driving in the uk but on ice [with maybe a lot of ■■■■■■■■ about the industry in between,why do they keep this rubbish going,the 1st series of supertruckers with kings haulage was more entertaining,then they changed to Metcalf who’s drivers were not as humourous as the fellas from kings.

the guys I worked with on the seal coat camp job (the government guys ,flagmen,machineoperators etc ) get the choice of working the winter on the ice roads ,they are stationed at the lake crossings to check the depth and plow the ice after snowfall.The crossings on the recognised ice roads are as safe as houses,now bush roads that’s a different game all togethers.

I didn’t bother as I had more interesting things to do. :sunglasses:
I’m still on with making that candle out of my own earwax. :smiley: