Thats me all sorted for winter then

fors-online.org.uk/cms/news … v-drivers/

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

That’s amazing however have I managed in the snow since I dropped out of fors 3 yrs ago :unamused:

As I am approaching my first winter driving I wondered if there was more to it than carrying on on the limiter as most appeared to do in the past. However this guide has filled me with confidence that all I need is a bit of common sense and a TM who will change my tyres when down to 3mm.
What a waste of money

I’m glad I read that, I feel safer and prepared already, I think who ever copy and pasted that, deserves a new high viz, and a pair of nice new shiny shoes…

Talk about treating us as Muppets, whoops forgot tar and brush

If the roads are slippy and you are driving a supermarket spec yoke, (or any midlift tractor for that matter) stay at home please, as you’re going to get stuck and then you will be in my way.

I drive only tag axles, and am, therefore invincible in all conditions!!

A mach as mo rathaid, amadan!!

Old John:

Stuff your gaelic nonsense up your skirt :smiley: :smiley:

Road atlas
: in case your sat-nav doesn’t work

This is actually a good point. About a week ago I drove this 2009 Renault which had 2 power sockets, 1 was a larger size (too large for my sat nav’s power thingy), the other one - as it turned out when I was in the middle of my journey, didn’t work so my sat nav ran out of juice and then I had to use my phone’s google maps which made my day more interesting than I like my days at work to be…

Long story short, I do need/want to get myself a road atlas; the most popular one on ebay seems to be the Philip’s “Truckers Britain” price tag of ~£22 incl delivery.
Could anyone recommend an up-to-date atlas for a reasonable price?

no1dieselman:

Old John:

Stuff your gaelic nonsense up your skirt :smiley: :smiley:

No room left under my skirt lad. That’s where I keep my ego! :smiley:

Oh how to the europeans survive.

Probably nothing to do with those winter tyres, or those snow chains. Yes trucks and cars still get stuck but we dont have nationwide roadblocks like gappens in britain after 1cm of snow.

Old John:
If the roads are slippy and you are driving a supermarket spec yoke, (or any midlift tractor for that matter) stay at home please, as you’re going to get stuck and then you will be in my way.

I drive only tag axles, and am, therefore invincible in all conditions!!

But not as invincible as those of us who are still on two axles :smiley:

ETS:

Road atlas

This is actually a good point. About a week ago I drove this 2009 Renault which had 2 power sockets, 1 was a larger size (too large for my sat nav’s power thingy), the other one - as it turned out when I was in the middle of my journey, didn’t work so my sat nav ran out of juice and then I had to use my phone’s google maps which made my day more interesting than I like my days at work to be…

Long story short, I do need/want to get myself a road atlas; the most popular one on ebay seems to be the Philip’s “Truckers Britain” price tag of ~£22 incl delivery.
Could anyone recommend an up-to-date atlas for a reasonable price?

Got mine from here. £12 delivered

wordery.com/philips-2018-trucke … 1oQAvD_BwE

Punchy Dan:
That’s amazing however have I managed in the snow since I dropped out of fors 3 yrs ago :unamused:

You manage because you drive a proper truck. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

[quote=“no1dieselman”

Got mine from here. £12 delivered

[wordery.com/philips-2018-trucke … 1oQAvD_BwE]
(Buy Philip's 2018 Trucker's Atlas Britain (A3 size) by Philip's Maps With Free Delivery | wordery.com)
[/quote]
Thanks, I forked out the 20 for the newer version :blush:

ETS:

Road atlas

THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD POINT.

:neutral_face: .Nah, changed me mind, not going to comment.

1930s-portrait-of-man-with-gag-in-mouth-stock-photo__s8422.jpg
:laughing: :laughing:

It’s easy to mock a guide like that, but how many bridge strike threads are on the front page of the site at the moment?!

Drivers consistently crash trucks into well marked bridges, into stationary traffic, into bits of street furniture… an idiots guide to winter driving probably isn’t a bad idea, except you can bet that the kind of screwdriver who needs to read it, won’t.

biggriffin:
I’m glad I read that, I feel safer and prepared already, I think who ever copy and pasted that, deserves a new high viz, and a pair of nice new shiny shoes…

Talk about treating us as Muppets, whoops forgot tar and brush

Thanks, size 11 shoes please and XL size vest :sunglasses:

No wait, better make that a XXl vest, don’t want it too snug :wink: :wink:

Can’t be arsed to read it myself, but it may be of some help to young and/or inexperienced drivers, so not all bad eh?
However the bit that matey highlighted was enough for me to judge the tone of it without reading it…
.‘‘Take a map with you in case sat nav doesn’t work’’…yeh? really? :open_mouth:
Well no ■■■■. :unamused:

Judging by that little gem alone I’d imagine it reads along the lines of ‘‘breathe in breathe out’’ and ‘‘wipe your arse after using the bog’’ type, the usual modern driver management type dog ■■■■ that is the trend today, and the reason we have so many f/whits behind the wheels of trucks…if I’m wrong about it I apologise. :neutral_face:

One of the best Winter guides i have read is printed by the Norwegian Highways Agency for foreigners driving in Norway.

robroy:
Can’t be arsed to read it myself, but it may be of some help to young and/or inexperienced drivers, so not all bad eh?
However the bit that matey highlighted was enough for me to judge the tone of it without reading it…
Well no [zb]. :unamused:

Judging by that little gem alone I’d imagine it reads along the lines of ‘‘breathe in breathe out’’ and ‘‘wipe your arse after using the bog’’ type, the usual modern driver management type dog [zb] that is the trend today, and the reason we have so many f/whits behind the wheels of trucks…if I’m wrong about it I apologise. :neutral_face:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
your not wrong,and unless you went straight from no driving experience to hgv in an instant,then if you read it and anything is new to you,then best you just jack it in and start with kfc.

dieseldog999:

robroy:
Well no [zb]. :unamused:

Judging by that little gem alone I’d imagine it reads along the lines of ‘‘breathe in breathe out’’ and ‘‘wipe your arse after using the bog’’ type, the usual modern driver management type dog [zb] that is the trend today, and the reason we have so many f/whits behind the wheels of trucks…if I’m wrong about it I apologise. :neutral_face:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
your not wrong,and unless you went straight from no driving experience to hgv in an instant,then if you read it and anything is new to you,then best you just jack it in and start with kfc.

+2

There’s plenty of jackass on here went from 0 to hero , I started on a tractor n trailer and then a transit working my way up the longest permitted ,infact longer than dare I say an artic :open_mouth: