Volvo i shift with dual clutch

anyone else have a problem with dual clutch? when I turn my ignition off the gearbox rattles like the old fuller boxes with a million miles done.mine has done 20,000k’s :cry:

tom ■■■:
anyone else have a problem with dual clutch? when I turn my ignition off the gearbox rattles like the old fuller boxes with a million miles done.mine has done 20,000k’s :cry:

It’s under warranty, just leave it.

thats what Im having to do.had it in volvo they say its ok.not a happy chappy

Are you sure its the gearbox and not the propshaft ? I’m no expert here but I heard the dual clutch and gearbox are slightly longer than the standard set up and the propshaft shorter leading to sharper angles . Check the hardy splicer joints at both ends of the propshaft especially if its a midlift - also heard that you can’t get dual clutch on a tag due to the even shorter distances ( though I stand to be corrected on this )

Plenty of issues with them, id be making sure i kept records of all communications with volvo if its your truck. If your just a driver tell your boss and crack on.

and

beefy4605:
Are you sure its the gearbox and not the propshaft ? I’m no expert here but I heard the dual clutch and gearbox are slightly longer than the standard set up and the propshaft shorter leading to sharper angles . Check the hardy splicer joints at both ends of the propshaft especially if its a midlift - also heard that you can’t get dual clutch on a tag due to the even shorter distances ( though I stand to be corrected on this )

540 i-shift dual crutch…

I stand corrected then .
check your hardy splicers as well

Why would the UJs rattle when the propshaft isn’t turning?

I’d love a go on a twin clutch, it must shift almost as quickly as a Twin Splitter!
Seriously though, I think it will be worth quite a few horsepower when driving in hilly terrain.

Concretejim:
Plenty of issues with them, id be making sure i kept records of all communications with volvo if its your truck. If your just a driver tell your boss and crack on.

Yes it is my own truck. Ifeel like ive just spent £90k for a truck that sounds like a 20year old ERF and volvo tell me its supposed sound like that.what issues have you had?

Putting the strange noises to one side, what do you think to the truck otherwise? I think it’s a great idea, and as i said before, I’d like to have one. I would think that a 540 with that system , would, as an old farmer friend says “flee lik stoor”

I had an FL10 years ago. When it was idling it made the most alarming noises , from, I think, the timing gear. It was the best truck I had in forty years and went on to do over a million clicks on hard work.