Rate, Or Slate This Inverter...?

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 … GG9HP4VB3C

Got our eye on this inverter. It’s to power a microwave / single ring induction hob (max 2200w), and maybe a kettle, but obviously not at the same time.

Anyone got any knowledge of it, or know of a possible better one?

Back of the truck has an Anderson socket, so I think we’ll just make up a lead (including in line fuse) from it, into the passenger side of the cab through the locker to keep it simple in case we have to remove it if / when an agency knacker has to drive our truck… :imp:

an excellent piece of kit . I have one in a FhV4 . Got the boss to get volvo to wire me an anderson plug into the side locker on the passenger side and have the inverter in the locker with a extension lead into the cab just at the side of the passenger seat . Runs a microwave (700 watt) a Kettle and a toaster (not all at the same time though . The remote works well and I have it in the center console so I’m not in and out of the side locker all the time . A good job - you wont regret buying one .

Pic of said inverter in place .

Should run a single ring induction hob though shouldn’t it…■■? The one I got a t home says 2200watts on the label, so was hoping to get away from cooking on gas inside the cab if / when the weather’s bad outside (like this as I type, we have ‘storm’ :unamused: Callum outside)…

The inverter youre looking at is a "modified wave" unit not a "pure sine wave" unit. Induction hobs work by creating a rapidly changing magnetic field in your steel/iron saucepan. The waveform will alter how well itll change the magnetic field and hence how well it`ll heat the pot. Although a 3kw inverter should be up to the job regarding current, will the form of the wave be efficient at changing the magnetic field and thus creating heat?
I would suggest you contact the vendor and specifically ask if it suitable for an induction cooker. Or go for “pure sine wave” inverter maybe?

N.B. I am not a qualified `leccie, just a tinkerer…

beefy4605:
an excellent piece of kit . I have one in a FhV4 . Got the boss to get volvo to wire me an anderson plug into the side locker on the passenger side and have the inverter in the locker with a extension lead into the cab just at the side of the passenger seat . Runs a microwave (700 watt) a Kettle and a toaster (not all at the same time though . The remote works well and I have it in the center console so I’m not in and out of the side locker all the time . A good job - you wont regret buying one .

I have the same one as well :smiley: been in 3 different trucks and still powers a 800w microwave a 1kw kettle at same time

Goldfinger:
Should run a single ring induction hob though shouldn’t it…■■? The one I got a t home says 2200watts on the label, so was hoping to get away from cooking on gas inside the cab if / when the weather’s bad outside (like this as I type, we have ‘storm’ :unamused: Callum outside)…

Only one way to find out for sure - plug it in and try it . My kettle is 2,2 kw and it runs it no problem

Goldfinger:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ERB2A5A?pf_rd_p=855cdcfd-05d9-474f-b84d-8286a3530ba1&pf_rd_r=5MH8JAWSP9GG9HP4VB3C

Got our eye on this inverter. It’s to power a microwave / single ring induction hob (max 2200w), and maybe a kettle, but obviously not at the same time.

Anyone got any knowledge of it, or know of a possible better one?

Back of the truck has an Anderson socket, so I think we’ll just make up a lead (including in line fuse) from it, into the passenger side of the cab through the locker to keep it simple in case we have to remove it if / when an agency knacker has to drive our truck… :imp:

Hi did you get this inverter as I have just had a try to get one and it’s just coming up unavailable■■?

Not yet…

Busy saving for Christmas now, and we’ve just also had the twins birthdays… :open_mouth:

(Hate this time of year TBH…)

Was expecting (hoping more like), the inverters to have some kind of ‘Black Friday / Cyber Monday’ discount too… :frowning:

Goldfinger:
Not yet…

Busy saving for Christmas now, and we’ve just also had the twins birthdays… :open_mouth:

Was expecting (hoping more like), the inverters to have some kind of ‘Black Friday / Cyber Monday’ discount too… :frowning:

I have 5 birthdays between 10th-21st December so know that feeling ( 1 being said daughters 1 grandson other are family as well )

animal:

Goldfinger:
Not yet…

I have 5 birthdays between 10th-21st December so know that feeling ( 1 being said daughters 1 grandson other are family as well )

Er….

Ouch…!