M26

There’s a surprise

thesun.co.uk/news/7470945/m … orry-park/

You can bet…

That despite this being billed as just a reaction to a no deal Brexit, in similar fashion to the drinking hours laws during war time, it’ll end up being the norm for decades to come.

I notice that what work they’re actually doing hasn’t been revealed. One can only assume some sort of washing and toilet facilities are being put in place?

Now let’s think what we would like, then what we will get, there won’t be a Gregg’s, nice showers, or free WiFi, just be a couple of portakabins from Glastonbury, with a toilet and a basin.

Never mind, just think of the blue passports…that will make it all seem worth it, I’m sure.

:smiley:

Oh and £350 million extra a week for the NHS…it must be true, it was on the side of a German-built bus!

This sounds like a Ransom demand - if true…

Think about it:

Six weeks of M26 closure - with no guarantee that Brexit will actually take place at the END of that time of “gross inconvenience”…

Can we PLEASE have Brexit FIRST before talking about what punishments our EU-Brought-and-paid-for Westminster and Town Halls might have in store for us… :frowning: :imp:

GasGas:
Never mind, just think of the blue passports…that will make it all seem worth it, I’m sure.

Oh and £350 million extra a week for the NHS…it must be true, it was on the side of a German-built bus!

Lets do some math here:

A Hard Brexit would be for me - “ceasing all payments to the EU”. This could have been done gradually, but as far as I am aware - the regular payments to Brussels have been kept at full strength these past 28 months when we could have cut them off at the legs the day after the referendum result - but didn’t.

Thus, the “£350m promise” on the side of the bus - was effectively a promise made by UKIP (not in Westminster) or maybe Boris Johnson (Not PM, nor even in the Cabinet now)
Who have NO ability to implement a “Cut off” Hard Brexit as I’ve just described.
Thus, the “£350m on the bus” - wasn’t so much a “Lie” - but just a “pie in the sky promise” based on just too many other “what ifs” happening prior to the possible implementation.

Calling it a “Lie” though - implies that we don’t actually pay any money to the EU at ALL, and in fact the EU supports all our public services with this “Rebate” that we’re led to believe is “far higher” and would mean “dispanding outright” our public services up and down the land.

NOW what’s the “Lie” then?

Surely the time of Lying Lawyers in politics - is fast coming to an end now?

Deflection, Misleading, Liars.

The simple truth is that the EU is still leaching money from the UK - just to survive now. It has made no efforts to cut it’s budget, or hold an “austerity drive” among the EU institutions.
They clearly have made no plans on the EU leaving whatsoever, and UK poltiicians (75%+ of our EU-supporting, and EU backed) MPs - merely need to “pretend to do Brexit” without actually doing ANY brexit - just like for the past 28 months… “Talks are continuing”… Are they? Did they actually start? Breakthroughs■■?

That’s like saying “Chamberlain has made a breakthrough with his “Peace in our Time” deal, that postpones imminent war with the Nazis - until they invade some country somewhere that they shouldn’t!”

May is only still PM - because she’s scared her own Tory Rabble into “don’t force me out, or I’ll call another election, which will crush the Tories outright”…

There is no need (under the Fixed Terms Parliaments Act 2011) to hold another election if May is removed.
Those MPs that remove her - can then vote NO to “another election” - which needs 2/3rds of the House to pass it. In other words, “removing May” will EASILY get those 2/3rds vote on a “no confidence” footing, but will NOT get many Tories supporting “holding another election” on top of that.

Thus, the only thing yet to be decided in order to bring May down - is “Who doesn’t want to be the next PM, by wielding the knife to get rid of her”?

The way the betting market is going (Rees-Mogg drifting sharply in price to be next pm at the bookies over the past few days…) - the suggestion is that HE is about to be taken up on his “I don’t want to be Prime Minister” - and HE will “wield the knife”. I don’t mind actually - “Taking one for the team” - seems an honourable thing to do right now.

The Trigger?

:bulb: Brexit Plan absent from Upcoming Queen’s Speech :bulb:

Thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt - that there is NO actual intent to deliver Brexit by March 29th 2019 after all.#

May has run out of further road - to kick brexit down.

The side of the bus promise wasn’t UKIP, it was the official leave campaign. And Boris Johnson was happy to be in the bus as it drove around the country.

Johnson became Foreign Secretary, post Brexit, and was ideally positioned to go out and forge a new place for Britain in the world as promised.

He couldn’t hack it. Signed up to Chequers, then changed his mind.

Pathetic.

GasGas:
The side of the bus promise wasn’t UKIP, it was the official leave campaign. And Boris Johnson was happy to be in the bus as it drove around the country.

Johnson became Foreign Secretary, post Brexit, and was ideally positioned to go out and forge a new place for Britain in the world as promised.

He couldn’t hack it. Signed up to Chequers, then changed his mind.

Pathetic.

He wasn’t in a position to cut the money to Brussels. The Chancellor under orders from the PM were in the best position to do that. It didn’t happen. They are both remainers. Johnson resigned, realizing that Foreign Secretary isn’t going to get that major piece of work done. Johnson is on record calling “Cheqeurs a Turd” - and calling for TM to “Chuck Cheqeurs”.

He’s not backed the cheqeurs plan - he’s merely postponed acting to remove the PM, as that old tradition of “they who wield the knife, shall not succeeed” comes into play.

Rees-Mogg is on record saying both “I don’t want be Prime Minister” and “Boris Johnson would make a splendid Prime Minister”…

This means (the way I read it) and watching the rather sharp drift on Rees-Mogg’s betting odds as I do…

There is a Boris/Mogg coup coming any day now. Mogg plays “Hesletine” in this piece, and apparently “nowhere” Boris - gets to play “nowhere” John Major, who was 66-1 to become the next PM - when Thatcher was removed, and Major initially said “I’m not putting my hat in the ring”…

You read it here first!

It’s overnight closures for six weeks I understand that sections of the central barrier are to be fitted with gates to allow traffic to be turned, many people have suggested use of the M26 for “Operation Stack” type scenario’s as Manston is too far out of the way, the lorry park at Stanford is a non runner now, the last time “Op Stack” was on (industrial dispute in France iirc) many EE drivers tried to jump the queue and caused mayhem in villages and country lanes, M26 closure is easy to avoid, M20 to M25 J3 I imagine it will be a well signed diversion the only problem will be those who opt to struggle through Boro’ Green,Seal,Otford & Riverhead on the A25

Why this idea that there will be more foreign trucks parked up on our roads after Brexit anyways??

If they are in Britain, returning to the continent - then we can just wave them through.

The ones that need checking under a tighter UK border control - will be those trucks coming IN to this country - surely?

If the French want the UK to check all those trucks on our side of the channel, then it would be easier for Britain to just have a permitted/trusted trader scheme, where only trucks with certain registrations are allowed in at all.

A simple solution to a problem that was made up in the first place. :imp: :unamused:

The rest - can be left to the expanded VOSA and “Customs” vehicles that will need to patrol the A2, M2, A20, M20 A299 etc. in the first place.

I was down at Newhaven a couple of weeks ago, and saw a small number of trucks alighting from a Dieppe ferry.

No sign of any trouble, no sign of any immigrant bother.

So what are they doing at Newhaven that both puts the traffic OFF - and keeps it light, whilst putting off illegals on the far side of the channel - from coming this rather “easier” looking way instead?

(No sign of police, VOSA, Customs, etc.)

Dieppe is as bad as most ports like Caen. You see the migrants walking around the perimeter fence looking for any chance to get in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winseer:
I was down at Newhaven a couple of weeks ago, and saw a small number of trucks alighting from a Dieppe ferry.

So what are they doing at Newhaven that both puts the traffic OFF - and keeps it light, whilst putting off illegals on the far side of the channel - from coming this rather “easier” looking way instead?

Let’s think, ■■■■ road network from Newhaven adds to journey times, let alone it is a dearer crossing, wonder why more don’t use it. :unamused:

del trotter:

Winseer:

Let’s think, [zb] road network from Newhaven adds to journey times, let alone it is a dearer crossing, wonder why more don’t use it. :unamused:

So the risk assessment of Calais goes like “Less trouble for running that gauntlet than paying more for a quiet and safe crossing like Dieppe, Caen, or Le Harve…”?

Running from Gatwick to Stanstead - does one go around the wrong way of the M25 if the Dartford Crossing has hoo-har at the time?

I guess ferry-using truckers of any nationality - never get hourly paid, and get encouraged to take their time. :neutral_face:

How much is Bilbao these days come to that? :question:

Winseer:

del trotter:

Winseer:

Let’s think, [zb] road network from Newhaven adds to journey times, let alone it is a dearer crossing, wonder why more don’t use it. :unamused:

So the risk assessment of Calais goes like “Less trouble for running that gauntlet than paying more for a quiet and safe crossing like Dieppe, Caen, or Le Harve…”?

Running from Gatwick to Stanstead - does one go around the wrong way of the M25 if the Dartford Crossing has hoo-har at the time?

I guess ferry-using truckers of any nationality - never get hourly paid, and get encouraged to take their time. :neutral_face:

As with stuff you’ve written about this before you obviously haven’t got a clue, firstly Calais - Dover is popular because it has something like 2 sailings an hour, add in sailing from Dunkirk and the Channel Tunnel that’s a lot of access to freight crossings into that part of Kent, compared to Newhaven 1 or 2 a day possibly or I think it’s about 3 a day from Caen, one every couple of days from Bilbao?

I know that Caen and Bilbao both have illegal migrants camped nearby, as Superscania V8 says Dieppe has its problems and I’ve heard that from other drivers. All these ports seem to have basic fencing and minimum security, compared to Calais these days.
Caen or Ouistreham to be correct, you have to drive through the town, giving them time to try and get aboard. Also any increase in traffic in these places would just mean the problem at those ports would get worse.

Also the people I know who’ve been caught recently with stowaways didn’t stop in or near Calais and to get on the truck would have taken more than a couple of chancers climbing aboard, it would have taken proper organisation with people assisting from outside, I would also suggest it would have taken people driving them round Northern France or Belgium looking for UK registered trucks heading towards the UK. This isn’t a few people escaping war and persecution it’s a major criminal operation.

GasGas:

Awwww, bless, another remoaner outs themselves with nothing more than the old 350 million line to trot out, you do realise it wasn’t a promise don’t you, you should read that great big bus again lad, semantics works both ways :smiley:
If you like we could discuss all the various lies peddled by Cameron, Osbourne and Soubry to name but a few but it would be pointless as the vote is done.
Thanks though for one thing, it’s always funny to read a remainers posts on the subject, if you think that Blue Passports were an incentive to vote leave then good on you, for me your posts speak of nothing more than a bitter, suddenly pseudo intellectual negative person.
Typically we will now be told all about the Irish border issues, the same Irish border issues that were not at any point thought about by 99.9% of the remain voters but suddenly they, and no doubt our Gas Gas, are all experts on the issue :unamused:

15 lines in this post, I like to try and keep it brief. I think the correlation between post length and coherent legible content is, at so many times, very obvious. Just saying… :grimacing:

muckles:

Winseer:

del trotter:

Winseer:

As with stuff you’ve written about this before you obviously haven’t got a clue, firstly Calais - Dover is popular because it has something like 2 sailings an hour, add in sailing from Dunkirk and the Channel Tunnel that’s a lot of access to freight crossings into that part of Kent, compared to Newhaven 1 or 2 a day possibly or I think it’s about 3 a day from Caen, one every couple of days from Bilbao?

I know that Caen and Bilbao both have illegal migrants camped nearby, as Superscania V8 says Dieppe has its problems and I’ve heard that from other drivers. All these ports seem to have basic fencing and minimum security, compared to Calais these days.
Caen or Ouistreham to be correct, you have to drive through the town, giving them time to try and get aboard. Also any increase in traffic in these places would just mean the problem at those ports would get worse.

Also the people I know who’ve been caught recently with stowaways didn’t stop in or near Calais and to get on the truck would have taken more than a couple of chancers climbing aboard, it would have taken proper organisation with people assisting from outside, I would also suggest it would have taken people driving them round Northern France or Belgium looking for UK registered trucks heading towards the UK. This isn’t a few people escaping war and persecution it’s a major criminal operation.

That’s right - I don’t have a clue with regards to info such as this… That’s why I’m challenging/asking about “why the trucks alighting at places like Newhaven seem rather quiet” - Is it, or did they chuck the blighters overboard on the long crossing? :stuck_out_tongue: When was the last big round-up of truck runaways soon after landing on British Soil anywhere along the south coast?

Post Brexit - the “delays” are going to be for anything remotely possibly having stowaways on board -right?

That won’t be trucks trying to get back to the port to the continent then! All this flannel about the M26 becoming a “Truck Park” as per the OP - seems like just another “Project Fear” story designed to put the creepers up the NIMBY folk in the South East in particlur - who happened to have voted Leave - and bloody well still adhere to what they voted as well! :imp:

Vote Leave.jpg

Thank you for your post Norfolkinclue1 can always depend on an “ole norfolk boy” to tell it how it is ( have family connections in Norfolk great grandfather was a working wherryman on the broads)
I’m sick of these europhiles crying foul and telling us we are all thick racists, don’t think so I speak Spanish, bit of German ,bit of Italian, oh and a lot gibberish after a few light ales!,(BTW GasGas, Kent where I now live was a 59% leave vote, our county motto is “Invicta” check it out on Google and see what it means!

[quote="del trotter

[/quote]
[/quote]
It is only marginally more expensive than Dover and depending on where you’re heading in France you will soon recoup that, Calais to Orleans 5hr.15 driving and at least 75% tolled, Dieppe to Orleans 3hr.50 driving and approx. 30% tolled. Hassle free journey once booked on delays are rare and usually weather related. Coming back the immigrants are nowhere near as much of a problem as other ports constant security and vehicle checks on entry to Dieppe port.

Winseer:
Post Brexit - the “delays” are going to be for anything remotely possibly having stowaways on board -right?

That won’t be trucks trying to get back to the port to the continent then! All this flannel about the M26 becoming a “Truck Park” as per the OP - seems like just another “Project Fear” story designed to put the creepers up the NIMBY folk in the South East in particlur

The talk of delays are not about checking for immigrants, but sorting out customs clearance if we leave the European Single market and Customs Union without a deal that allows free movement to and from the EU.

Going back a few years (more than I care to remember lol) the Spanish hauliers always used the Newhaven ferry in fact one company TGM (Transportes Generales Martinez) had a small cab Pegaso based there there to run trailers into New Covent Garden market