Best and cheap truck sat navs

Looking for a cheap reliable a truck sat nav

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Xgody 886 £40 ebay. Cant go wrong never let me down.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Virgin c+e:

Selling mine if you’re interested.?

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 3492560606

Just got the one harry monk recommended,off ebay.
£40
So far so good
Advertised as xgody 704
Recieved xgody 715

Popular them xgody thanks… Might make a bid.

Nkh22:

Virgin c+e:

Why are you selling?

Virgin c+e:

Nkh22:

Virgin c+e:

Why are you selling?

Haven’t got any need for it mate, unit has integrated one. It’s been sitting in my cupboard a few weeks doing nothing. Only thing I’ve done is trun it on, to make sure it works. Which it does…

Fair enough… I bought one of group on completely and utter trash. Need a reliable one when I do get a driving role.

:sunglasses:

If it’s any help I’m in the process of sending my Xgody back to seller. I bought it under the impression it was a Truck Sat Nav but it doesn’t show any weight limits or low bridges ■■

Airborn68:
If it’s any help I’m in the process of sending my Xgody back to seller. I bought it under the impression it was a Truck Sat Nav but it doesn’t show any weight limits or low bridges ■■

You have to change the settings, and enter truck diamensions.

Yep, I put it onto truck mode , entered all truck dimensions but the map isn’t showing any weight limits, low bridges, etc. Although it does show speed cameras.

Don’t think it’s supposed to show them on the map…Just route around them.
Although,when I tried mine out,it tried to send me through a 7.5 weight limit.
Not had a proper look at the settings menu yet,so may just be me.

Didn’t really buy for bridge heights anyway,as I only run 11ft 9…most of the time.
Also,as lots of my drops are in residential areas,I generally ignore weight limits.

iv had XGODY a few years, great satnav. but ive never been able to update the maps, nor find out from the sellers what month they start installing the new ones. but iv found if you leave about 2 yrs + between each purchase you will get newer maps

Cheap chinkie sat navs were always right in my experience, use a map for the bridges and weight limits though, just to make sure…But for finding the farm in the middle of nowhere, always bang on!

+1
The maps are sound,but all the other stuff is ■■■■■■■■

The maps are around 12 months out of date when you buy them. Even the update that you are supposed to do, still leaves the maps around 6 months behind, although roads don’t tend to change that much in that time in reality. The maps are the same as what you will find in the Stralis, which are iGO. Personally I find them a pain, but have been a Tom Tom user for as long as I can remember. They use, I think, Navteq, which I find better, but each to his own.

As for the speed cameras, well forget it, as new ones pop up more than the unit can keep up with in terms of updates. If you know a workaround, in terms of setting warning distances, (Very important!!!) then you are better with the database that PocketGPSWorld do, as it is updated on their site weekly. Alix776 on here is your man, as he is Admin/Mod on PocketGPSWorld, and can advise you more. I am also a verified camera spotter for the same site.

Just remember, that the XGody units are not standalone sat navs, but Chinese tablets with fairly old operating systems and hacked maps.

Ken.

Yeh, I’ve got one of these gody things, works perfect, just needs the map updated as some of the others have said, but, a word of warning, it comes with a small pointer stick with which you are to scroll through the screens, be careful, as it scratches the screen to ■■■■.

Sapper

Mine ain’t got one of those.

I think they just send you whatever sat nav they have in stock :smiley: